Alliance War Mismatches - Serious Issue

AdrixAdrix Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Over the past two months my Alliance, Kings of Zurich, consistently gets matched with much stronger opponents resulting in consistent losses. Alliance members morale is low. We are considering stopping wars but this will soon after lead to stop playing the game alltogether. I have read other posts and this seems to be a common issue. Is this the case. What are the game administrators plan to do about this issue? Thank you for your comments.

Tagged:

Comments

• Commander DariusCommander Darius Super Moderator Posts: 2,245Super Moderator, Administrator Administrator

We're still waiting for the team's update, @Adrix. Rest assured that your feedback about the Alliance War matching is continuously being forwarded to them. I appreciate your patience.

• AdrixAdrix Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I await for your further feedback. Regards, General Adrix (Kings of Zurich)

• M_L_K_M_RcM_L_K_M_Rc Posts: 164Registered User, Facebook Connect User Investigator
    edited January 2017

You are not alone, we war all the time so you may think we are soo busy buying boosts etc. for this but actually the opposite is true. Most wars we start but then ignore, as the opponent uses one or more of the following loopholes:

• adding one or more super low xp to the war to lower their overall xp ( eg in current war we have opponents all with hq22-24 and xp66-75, except one or two that are xp level ~6. Needless to say we can only ignore such wars, we only have 1 player higher than hq 21 and xp 65.
    • Ignoring everything largely and focusing on max attack and defense units, i.e.hq 22-24 with xp level 40-50, and then steamrolling their hapless hq15 opponents and easily reach max score first = win.

If zynga does not realise very soon that many players play this game mostly for the wars and prioritize the war issues accordingly it will hurt the game very seriously. The fix I would code is to let the algo ignore participants with extremely deviating (low) xps and THEN base matching not on xp alone, but on xp and hq level weighed together (xp +3x hq or something). And refine it as needed if/when new loopholes are found, not abandoning it as is currently done.

Why not add a button for the general to report serious mismatch issues, save the stats, to get test scenarios for the new matching algo ?

• AdrixAdrix Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Thank you for your comments MLKMRc. Indeed, fixing the code shuldn't be that difficult ...

• FuryFury Posts: 38Registered User, Facebook Connect User Learning the Ropes

@Adrix said:
    Over the past two months my Alliance, Kings of Zurich, consistently gets matched with much stronger opponents resulting in consistent losses. Alliance members morale is low. We are considering stopping wars but this will soon after lead to stop playing the game alltogether. I have read other posts and this seems to be a common issue. Is this the case. What are the game administrators plan to do about this issue? Thank you for your comments.

Sadly this is still an issue today (mar 12) im the general of my alliance and we just got matched up with a total power house. we are ranked 1340 and they are 140. they have 17 level 70+ bases and the rest are 65+ plus totaling 30 bases. we have 1 level 70+ and 6 level 60+ and the rest are 50- with are 6 bases in the level 30 range. How is this fair? My guys are asking me to not even bother with reinforcments. This is the 2nd war in a row like this. & my alliance chat is blowing up about how much of a problem this "fixed war matchin" system seems to be. Why give a good allince a chalenge, when you can you just match them against a weak one, and give them easy spoils. keep the strong, stong right zynga!?....I have lost so many good players cuz of this issue. ive bin playing since 2015, and cant see myself playing much longer. this "fixed war matching system" needs to be fixed immediately. its demoralizing.

• M_L_K_M_RcM_L_K_M_Rc Posts: 164Registered User, Facebook Connect User Investigator
    edited April 2017

This must be one of the longest jokes ever. Every week I tell my clan members to ignore one of the two wars we have as at least one is so badly matched. Well we at least save alot of gold and dont need to play so much to collect components for boosts as we ignore so many wars... Right now we have such a war again, lvl40 opponents have lvl19hq, lvl50 are hq24. Needless to say they will mostly attack with drones. Another good thing about this is that we get to know many people as many people quit because of war boredom and new people join. Yes that was sarcasm.

This discussion has been closed.