Alliance War is in need of an update

SA1NT_MaYhEmSA1NT_MaYhEm Forum TravellerPosts: 176Registered User Investigator

I'm comfortable with the time it takes (24 hours) for alliance members to update/prepare war bases. Many players take advantage of the time to go earn medals, earn loot, do upgrades, etc. However, something needs to be done with remaining time for wars. We all know that the first alliance to max flags wins. Period. But after accomplishing max flags, at the very least the winning alliance shouldn't have to wait to receive loot or start another war search. Also, the amount of attacks is calculated for each alliance, but this information is under utilized (actually not utilized or factored at all). There's no incentive for a losing team to reach max flags. And if they do it with less attacks used than the winning team, it just feels like a "slap in the face". I don't feel that awards themselves need to be increased, however not a bad idea.

Finally, I would like to make a request for a "taunt" feature to be added to war. Being that this is a social game, being able to converse with the enemy in a separate chat feature would really add a missing dynamic to Alliance War. This should be reset for each war. Once the war ends the feature could be unavailable until the next new match-up.

Thank you for your consideration,

SA1NT_MaYhEm
General of Rage!

SA1NT_MaYhEm
General of Rage!

Comments

• Aloha BunnyAloha Bunny Super Moderator Posts: 1,688Registered User, Super Moderator, Facebook Connect User Moderator

Awesome idea, @SA1NT_MaYhEm & @Whitenite! Thanks for sharing it with us. :blush:

• AnthonyAnthony Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I would also like to see an opt out button installed for a general to decide whether he feels a war is a fairly matched if not he can reset the search
    Some great ideas above can't wait to see the new alliance version when it's built
  • FuryFury Posts: 38Registered User, Facebook Connect User Learning the Ropes

@Anthony said:
    I would also like to see an opt out button installed for a general to decide whether he feels a war is a fairly matched if not he can reset the search
    Some great ideas above can't wait to see the new alliance version when it's built

I 100% agree with Anthony and have thought of this idea my self...I'm the general of my alliance and we just completed a war in which it's was so one sided and so unfair that I told my guys don't even bother fighting. Out of the 32 players (on there side) 18 of them were level 70+ the rest were level 60+. Every base was a lvl 24. Against one level 70+ & 3 60+ the rest 50's and 40s. Is that what you consider a fair match up zynga? I rather play against the same alliance that is equally matched to mine over and over again then this retarted match making system going on. If your unwilling to change the stupid match making system you've got going right now then at least give the general the power of a concede option before the war starts...zynga you always ask how we can we improve things like social couminty. Couminty!? Who care about the couminty! Start improving the current game as in the crashes the lag, the bugs the overall game play instead of caring about languages and soacail couminty... you had the opportunity to improve the beast of a unit in the titan and yet instead of listen to the majority in here you did your own ideas and came out wth the colossus. Really!? Though i do like the colossus you have to addmitt it doesn't go with that the theme of the game. A gaint robot. I mean come on! You could have made it at least look like a human controlled mech. Or better still, you should have not come out with it all together and came up with a (bought or earned) upgrade of some kind for the titian.

• PUPSPUPS Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I'm the General of my Alliance& I would like to see Zynga stop people from being Jumpers, my Alliance has done battle with many Different Alliances & a lot of them use Jumpers, in which I feel that it is not fair for the ones that don't I've talked tp a few Jumpers that have said that they can do 10 or more Alliance wars in a day....I feel if you are going to play the game you should be tied down to the Alliance that your with, not to be aloud to Jump from Alliance to Alliance to get a crazy anunt of Loot, now if they are not happy with the Alliance thay are with, than yes let them find another one, but not let them keep bouncing around & doing more than 1 Alliance war....It tips the Balance in the Alliance war when other Alliances use Jumpers....I would like to see something done about this....Ty!

• StinkyStinky Posts: 134Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper

I don't jump, but I don't see anything wrong with it either. If you don't want to jump, don't. Jumpers don't harm you in any way. It's a total PITA I can't handle the pace, it's not for me, so I don't do it. The only way jumpers help win wars is because they war so much they get really good. Practice makes perfect. They practice more than you, so they are better. learn from them, get better, and you won't lose.

• Queenie_1Queenie_1 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

No they win wars because they get way more war factory components And can build way more Healing drone healing drone hives that completely protects their maxed guns if you can not destroy all the hives....having 3 or 4 on their base makes it unfair

• avr1976avr1976 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I love this game, I love RTS. where is the STRATEGY in RTS if alliance war rules state that 1st alliance to get all flags, regardless of amount attacks used, wins.
    I'm a working class guy like the rest my alliance and probably the majority of all E & A players.
    We love alliance war but can't play during office hours.
    We have lost several wars to alliances with very strong offensive capabilities and inferior defences simply because we couldn't play.

Futher Proposed changes

1. As it is, each alliance gets same amount of attacks - it should be that the alliance that use least amount of attacks, wins. It forces both sides to concentrate on both offence and defence.
    2. Add a draw fuction - If both sides reach max flags with same amount of attacks (new rule) or within 24 hours (currents rules), a draw is declared and both sides get max loot. It will give both sides something to fight for.
    3. Add a concede function if the generals find they cannot play for a draw and match is finished.
    4. When max flags are reached or match is conceded, the match is then declared finished. Match is closed, loot is paid out and generals can start a new search instead of waiting 24 hours.

I am sure it will make it more fun and more fair for all.