E&A Devspeak #5: Alliance War: Bugs, Loopholes and Fixes

Aloha BunnyAloha Bunny Super ModeratorRegistered User, Super Moderator, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,685 Moderator

Commanders,

In this post, we want to talk about a few issues that players have raised regarding Alliance Wars:
1.) Some players do not receive Loot at the end of an Alliance War.
2.) Some players jump across multiple Alliance over a 2-day period and try to earn Loot from multiple Alliance Wars over that duration.

The first is a painful issue for players, one that we have fixed. The second, while it allows enterprising players to earn a lot of loot, is also a problem in our opinion, one that we had to correct.

Why is people earning Loot from multiple Alliance Wars over a 2-day period a problem?
Alliances are a core part of Empires & Allies. An Alliance is a group of people who play the game together, help each other and by doing so, become friends. It is intended to be a way of players getting to know each other over the game they love playing.

When players start hopping across Alliances to earn Loot from Wars, they are not participating in Wars, and thus, not helping their Alliance win. They’re just farming loot, which dilutes competition in Wars and undermines the whole Alliance System in the long run. That is why we want to curtail this occurrence.

In addition to the above, players jumping across Alliances also caused the first issue to occur in a lot of cases.

So, going forward, players who join an Alliance after an Alliance War starts will not receive loot from that particular War. Players will have to be a part of a single Alliance over a War’s entire duration to receive Loot from it.

Thank you for all your feedback about the issues in the game so far. Please do continue providing the same.

Please leave your feedback in the comments below.

Over and Out,
Team E&A

Tagged:

Comments

• pilkopilko Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon
    So you can still start and finish multiple wars?? Eg. Start a war search, jump, start another war search etc. ???
  • haysunshahhaysunshah Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 32 Forum Traveller

They should have thought about before. I have main Alliance ( Guild ) and have 4 sisters Guilds. I recruit from the 5th one and then slowly recruits upgrade and fight, they come to 4th Alliance and this goes on till they have HQ 20 and they come to my Main Alliance. I just jump around my Alliances to chat with them give them fuel and teach them things.
    Now this means I can't jump at all. Because we do back to back wars. If I leave during any war I won't get the war loot ..... Have to close other Alliances and bring all my accounts to the main .... No other way

• GodMustBeCrazyGodMustBeCrazy Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

If you just joined and hq is still small, you should just forget about this game, because you need to hq 22 fastest 2 years, also if often online, or you tune your money to buy tens of millions of gold.
    If within 7 days ahead Zynga still stubbornly to the rules unreasonable, I survived the first person to resign from this game

• Capt.CavemanCapt.Caveman Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 410 Forum Detective

let me know what you find out, you guys take 1 step forward and 10 steps back

The beatings will continue until morale improves

• Garrot1Garrot1 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 81 Dramachine
    I feel the way jumpers play the game is wrong as well I also have two alliance's and do not jump. Jumpers are trying to fast track game at others expense by steeling spoils and not participating at all. It is quite cowardly and those that jump and say they buy a lot of gold are BS'ing the establishment.
    But my main concern is when I switch accounts my alt runs one alliance and my main runs another. By switching accounts does this mean I won't get spoils. Because I just went to get assistance for not getting my spoils from last war and I don't hop. I have only been getting my spoils 1 out of 3 wars...
  • PaulyhockPaulyhock Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

I cannot believe this has happened. I like so many people successfully run six alliances and war in each, moving through as mentioned before, then go back and collect, all in my own alliances, nobody else's, all my own. The loot generated is shared amongst my fellow members in the form of requests filled and troop requests filled every time.
    The problem of the non alliance leeches who just simply go around feeding off others has not been addressed it has as far as I can see ruined the game.
    Simply the worst thing that has happened in the game thus far.............

• EDGEEDGE Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon
    What Dreamr stated is absolutely correct. You have alot of players who have multiple accounts, who love to war in numerous accounts. We then on the next day collect on those same accounts, forging friendships, and helping each other along the way. We do not jump and loot other players alliances, and if an uninvited looter comes in, that player is usually kicked.

Instead of coming in and trying to govern a fun game, and in the process punishing those who play the game to their liking, how about letting the players govern their own alliances. Come on Zynga, I'm sure your making a ton of money, quit punishing the few of us.
  • savas_metesavas_mete Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 10 Pumpkin

Please fix should take spoils fought in alliance

• HowardtheDuckHowardtheDuck Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    I do not like the 'greediness' of most jumpers, so I am very happy with this development. For all people above who say they cannot play as they are used to anymore ('teaching' in multiple alliances, meeting people around the world), I wish you would be a little bit (more) inventive.
  • Capt.CavemanCapt.Caveman Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 410 Forum Detective

If I fight in 5 alliances for war loot, does this mean if I leave I only get it in 1 ???

• Garrot1Garrot1 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 81 Dramachine
    Really the only simple fix is for invite only. Done deal
  • texas8171texas8171 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 314 Unstained Chieftain

I see some are not happy with the fix. There is usually a reason for everything. I believe the primary reason it became such a big deal is because each alliance has a limit of 50 members max and in many alliance cases, the 50 members slots would easily get filled up with members who are not really playing the game and only there for alliance loot and then they leave once alliance war is over and then only for the members slots to go empty again and then refill up the slots again for the next war with players only there for alliance war and then they leave again once war is over and the process keeps getting repeated. This made many players mad, since members slots are only limited to 50 members and alot of members slots were getting filled up with players not really playing. It probably wouldn't of been that big of a deal if there wasn't a limitation of member slots in each alliance. But because there is a limitation of member slots, it was such a big deal for players coming in just for alliance war and them leaving right after.

I was in the war, Fought and WON !!! but left and came back at end and did not get loot!!!!!! HOW IS THIS FAIR ????????????

• KurdimoonKurdimoon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

If you don't wont jumper then made a nice solution , like I send before and no one give me attention it's so simple just the war start who win first he end the war and if it end the winner can start anther war like this way no one will jumping like monks and no one will open new alliance just for war ,the game need more activity
    Second : all my attacked are level 22 how can I get resources or medals or upgrade my thing and all the people are lvl 22

This discussion has been closed.