Attack Drones are stupid!?

FapoleonFapoleon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 94 Chocolatier

I hope I've choosen a good category for this ... however:
Are Attack Drones crazy? Stupid? I do not understand if there is any sense behind this AI! Let me get my facts straight:

1st: Drones seem to not care much about my commands, whether I use the flare or the group controls ... they keep attacking what they want. Concrete: I deploy all my drones and use my group control to give them a domed def. as target and what are the drones doing? One part of the fleet attacks the target as intended, the other drones just fly away and dont give a singe f*** about their task. Plus, just 1 second later ANOTHER part of the dutiful fleet also desist from their target and attack everything around. -> Effect: lots of the drones are lost and maybe also the fight only because they do not follow their orders ... annoying as ****!!!

2nd: Why would drones attack spider drones or tanks? I would understand if I attack with both ground and air units so drones would give me some support from above - ok. But mostly I attack with drones ONLY on all tarmacs so they really do not need to kill spider drones or tanks.
Trying to control the fleet away from spiders/tanks is also useless, thanks to error Nr. 1 which I mentioned above ...

Seriously, this destroys the fun it makes to play with Attack Drones. Is this worth a bug report? (which will probably wont find its way to the developers...) Or is this (sorry) SH*T! even intended? However, it is a huge error and frustrating.

Anyone else here having similar experiences?

Comments

• Mr_townsMr_towns Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 54 This Space is Available

It's like asking why stealth tanks shoot at a patriot that doesn't have ground targeting while everything else around is shooting at it. Or better yet a stealth tank shooting at a factory...useless.
    Wish players had the ability to choose a higher archy of what offensive units target first. Contour your own experience. Take it out of auto and put it into manual.

• hartev616hartev616 Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 180 Fisherman
    edited September 2016

Man I sooo agree with you all. I think the AI in the game needs to better period. I have a huge problem with rangers. Watch them closely. The FIRST rangers to get to a target always flank it, and the last rangers there take the direct route. Well that's stupid as he!!, the first rangers there run to the side getting all shot up instead of running to the front line and blasting!

BUT yes drones have ZERO [email protected]#&$ given above all the other types. Its really ridiculous.

• FapoleonFapoleon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 94 Chocolatier

@hartev616 I can relate to that, the AI in generall probably needs an update! Talking about rangers: I've had it soooo often now that the medic runs towards the enemy base aimlessly getting shot down real fast so the so worthy heal from this tarmac is gone from the BEGINNING of the battle already what is a huge threat and a big loss in attack power (better: sustain)!!!
    Not even mentioning striker VI standing around without attacking anything ... Zynga please ...

@Fapoleon Oh man totally. Healers need to stay BACK line like a CNC. I get that they are trying to keep their distance, but its always in the wrong &^$@#$)!!! direction. You nailed that one.

How about this one!

Stealth tanks.... If another stealth tank has "locked on" a structure (EVEN IF its all the way across the board. A stealth tank right next to that defense will completely ignore it and to go the next while that defense MOWS down your troops....

Keep em' coming! Zynga doesn't pay attention to anything unless it keeps getting talked about so lets blow this thing up!

Just wanted to add how stupid the apaches are.... when they just circle a target not doing anything at all.

• SmokeyCat2SmokeyCat2 Investigator Registered User Posts: 391 Social Snowflake
    edited October 2016

@Fapoleon I believe Zynga meant for attack drones to be support for ground troops. So they attack anything that is a threat to ground troops first.

edited October 2016

If you have all drones there are no troops to protect, and in this case they typically do not attack tanks, spiders, or strikers until the VERY end of the battle and then half of them will stupidly attack the left over spiders or whatever while the other half goes for the last structure.

• nucking1976nucking1976 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 260 Gabby Enthusiast
    Attack drones go after all defensive structure first everything else is second

Censorship is funny when you speak the ugly truth about someone or something

no longer playing this game

@nucking1976 knows a ton about attack drones!!! I have watched his attacks!! Very impressive!! He is very skilled!
  • nucking1976nucking1976 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 260 Gabby Enthusiast

@SmokeyCat2 yep you aren't lyin once you get the hang of it they're virtually unstoppable

@nucking1976 to the original point, which still stands, they don't listen.

It's easier when you don't direct them just let them do what they do

edited October 2016

@SmokeyCat2 said:
    @Fapoleon I believe Zynga meant for attack drones to be support for ground troops. So they attack anything that is a threat to ground troops first.

Absolutely understand this one and think that's a good thing, though see @hartev616 's comment right after. Drones only -> there is no need to attack units which can't harm the drones (except for def buildings in general of course).

@nucking1976 do you post videos about your drone attacks? Can one see your attack tactics /style? :)

I have never posted any video smokeycat has been a friend for a while now and we just battled a sister alliance of his so to see anything you would have to be in the alliance I'm in or on the alliance that were at war with but right now my account is taking a vacay

edited October 2016
    Actually when I get home tonight I have a way to make a video I'll post it later

Nucking makes a point to upgrade his drones to the max level that he can get at every HQ level. As well as speed boost and emp, all these things help him take on bases that are sometimes way above his levels on his various accts. I have watch his attacks in many alliances and killswitch. Very fast battles!
  • my_pen_is_brokenmy_pen_is_broken Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 81 Dramachine
    edited October 2016

i always pick the spot where the stealth traps are :-( too hit n miss for me, i wish i had the patience for apache , stronger than drones. do you always use 6 strike force?

For stealth traps you can try to deploy only one tarmac of drones to face check your deploy zone, wait a moment and then deploy the rest of your fleet, @my_pen_is_broken
    As I am not that familiar with drone strategies I sometimes use a mixed fleet of about 4-6 Apaches and the rest drones -> I keep the drones until most of the anti-air defenses have been taken out to have a good clean up in my back hand.
    Though this is a way different tactic than using drones only...

I look mainly for patriot placement and surrounding structures and the closer together they are the higher the probability of defeat I've taken down a wide range of players highest xp I've beaten so far is xp71 full max everything using lvl20 drones

• my_pen_is_brokenmy_pen_is_broken Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 81 Dramachine

im not a 6 strike force sorta guy, if im going to play i have to be able to fight the whole hr , ie 2 strike force. thats impossible to do by air, and its impossible to do with normal troops @HQ22 . well done on ur 3 flag win. not to take away from it, the drones arent exactly plain lvl 20 , alpha tarmac and strike force , you can beat several lvls higher than your self.

@my_pen_is_broken said:
    its impossible to do with normal troops @HQ22

How do you figure? All I use is rangers and I do just fine, I am level 65 and HQ 22. This means all I face is level 22's, and I have NO problems with zero use of strike force.

edited October 2016

@hartev616 said:

@my_pen_is_broken said:

How do you figure? All I use is rangers and I do just fine, I am level 65 and HQ 22. This means all I face is level 22's, and I have NO problems with zero use of strike force.

like i said im not very good at the game. please post a video of these victories please hartev, id like to learn. oh and you have over 25k medals too? the ones who attack me no strike force on my lvl72 base , lose. they all use no less than 4 strike force. so i am really interested to see a video. anyone can say anything, but if you prove it i,ll believe you.

@hartev616 said:

@my_pen_is_broken said:

nvm you have 16000 medals around about, you let me know when you get to 25000 and tell me you still can fight no strike force, ive been there done that.

@hartev616 said:

@my_pen_is_broken said:

I'm also calling bs on this one I wanna see no use of strike force on your lvl 22 troops Its pretty far fetched that your non strikeforced troops are able to beat a lvl 22 strikeforced disco dome with alpha

I have no trouble at level 22 with 22 ranges and 21 stealth tanks (one tarmac of stealths). As my_pen_is_broken stated, maybe that is because I'm not in the upper echelons yet at only 16000 medals?

Okay buddy

What? lol

I don't understand why that seems so crazy, but you taking out 71's doesn't? Because I didn't post a screenshot?

@Fapoleon i was finally able to get a video up https://youtu.be/_LK5vvHzc5E

@Fapoleon i was finally able to get a video up https://youtu.be/_LK5vvHzc5E