Saved tarmac configurations

RadioActiveLambRadioActiveLamb Posts: 7Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I'd like to save a set of troops - maybe six possible configurations. This would allow me to select a saved configuration without clicking each tarmac, changing troops and selecting the troop I want.

Example saved tarmacs:
I pick choppers on all tarmacs, save the config and name it "All choppers"
I pick 5 tarmacs of tomahawks and 2 tarmacs of Rangers and name it "Ranger-hawks"

Then, to "summon" those troops, I click on the War factory or Weapons command and pick my saved tarmac config by name.

Tagged:

Comments

• GanchoGancho Posts: 63Registered User, Facebook Connect User Captain Obvious

Nice idea man

Gancho | Armed and Loaded

• TX_FlexTX_Flex Posts: 31Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller
  • Flint MaxigallFlint Maxigall Super Moderator Posts: 313Registered User Unstained Chieftain

@RadioActiveLamb said:
    I'd like to save a set of troops - maybe six possible configurations. This would allow me to select a saved configuration without clicking each tarmac, changing troops and selecting the troop I want.

Example saved tarmacs:
    I pick choppers on all tarmacs, save the config and name it "All choppers"
    I pick 5 tarmacs of tomahawks and 2 tarmacs of Rangers and name it "Ranger-hawks"

Then, to "summon" those troops, I click on the War factory or Weapons command and pick my saved tarmac config by name.

@Gancho said:
    Nice idea man

@TX_Flex said:
    Great idea!

Thanks for sharing your idea, RadioActiveLamb. I will share this with the team for you Commanders!

• JayManJayMan Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 75Registered User Black Sheep of ze Internet
  • Optimal_OptimusOptimal_Optimus Posts: 26Registered User, Facebook Connect User Clueless Cookie

That's needed because clicking on individual tarmacs just for that is a bit tiresome mostly when you know what's the configuration you're gonna use.
    I think the weapon's command should be wise since it doesn't have many options and this time we can click it for that also saving the "teams" within the unit change which can benefit more the change.
    I would like to add the option to get in addition to alpha, bravo and charlie; a delta team too...

I also would like the fact we can know which tarmac is which number and having the ability to swap them.
    I think a flag with a number can be put so we can see which tarmac is what and also move a tarmac with an unit type from position 1 to 4 or 6 for example. and also display A B C or D nest to the number so we can see everything on the go.

• Optimal_OptimusOptimal_Optimus Posts: 26Registered User, Facebook Connect User Clueless Cookie

I would like also a permanent upgrade button on HQ, Tarmacs, Resource buildings, Defenses turrets that can be boosted with war factory boosters, research agency and Weapons command in order to use boosts rather than always go on the inventory. This is funny because when you have those under upgrade, you can use boosts (other than building accelerators) and these are quite practical to use that way since you don't have to browse the inventory since you have all the related upgrades within that option.

This is too bad that I can't edit my own post but since it's related within my post I think this can be something wise to do.

• RadioActiveLambRadioActiveLamb Posts: 7Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Checking-in on my "load-out" idea three years later. Yep, I still play the game. Yep, I'm still interested in this idea. It's so tedious to change the tarmac configuration in its current state.

• Bender64Bender64 Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

This can be a great improvement, but no, they prefer to add a base layout editor that nobody uses ...