E&A Dev Speak #1 Feedback Thread

Empire123Empire123 Team E&AGuest Posts: 1,005 Pet Queen

Please direct all feedback for E&A DevSpeak #1 here!

Community Manager - Empires and Allies
Zynga/SF

Tagged:

Comments

• TonySafeTonySafe Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 74 Black Sheep of ze Internet

I also now have 4 orange troop tints

No worries it was all free but still a little annoying

• Empire123Empire123 Team E&A Guest Posts: 1,005 Pet Queen

contact us @ CS, mention this thread. I'll take care of you.

Community Manager - Empires and Allies
    Zynga/SF

• belairbobbelairbob Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 265 Gabby Enthusiast

Thank you Takkers, and the E&A GM and any execs involved, for forgoing the monetization of these boosts for the sake of player morale.

Colonel in Goodfellas, Requirements are use of GroupMe.com or apps for communication and join in alliance wars, where we have a record of 59-24.

• BlackArtBlackArt Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 10 Pumpkin

I agree that the matchmaking system is beyond broken for me I'm level 22 to 23 HQ level base and I have to fight players Above Me by at least 5 levels every single match which means their units are stronger, their base has a lot more hit points. This makes it take me a lot more time to get through it, and it's virtually impossible for me to 3 star a base.

Which means I have to fight, that much more, longer to get the same resources as a higher level player a who is basically losing ranks, losing Metals deliberately so they face players so much below them that they face roll it. They don't even have to watch the screen. All they have to do is place their units tell them to attack and then they go AFK as the battle commences and finishes.

I wish that was the extent of the problem but it is not. I also have to defend against players twice my level rank at level 22 to 23. I'm being raided by level 40-46 players, and all they basically have do is place units, and go afk until the battle finishes.

• ThunderboltThunderbolt Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    I'd like to 1: see colonels be able to initiate ava battles. 2: Be able to build or aquire roads and/or bridges in our base construction.
  • tosh9itosh9i Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 149 Saint Spontaneous

I don't have any ideas for events, but I do have a recommendation that should be taken seriously. It's about the Resource Boosts. They're not good enough.

Currently, my Steel Factory is at Level 14. The best resource boost is +30% for 6 hours. Now, let's do some math. A level 14 Steel Factory produces 7454 steel per hour. If we add the 30% that'll be an extra 2236/hr. We multiply that by 6 and get 13,416. I'm trying to save up to upgrade my metal rain and I need 3,223,500 in steel. How is 13,416 going to help me?

And like I said that's for the best resource boost. I don't even bother using the two hour one.

I think that the resource boosts should last for 24 hours. Also, a "global" resource boost would be nice.

Then there's the troop training boosts. I just trashed 40 of them because they suck, mainly the 1.5x and 2x.

• biergottbiergott The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 199 Fisherman

A promising ray of light for sure. I look forward to the improvements in game and communication! And thank you for the gifts, it goes a long way to frustrated players.

1. more equivalent/equal AvA matchups (medal dumping is destroying this and matchups are ridiculously one sided...even those that happen after a short 10-15 second war search)
    2. Quick Match matchup mechanics not based upon player manipulatable stats (or eliminated medal dumping),
    3. More Ranks and responsibilities (or at least allow Colonels to engage AvA search)
    4. Cheaper gold packages ($4.99, $9.99, $19.99)
    5. Ion Cannon back to a reasonable price
    6. More alliance stats for Generals like Medals gained per season for teammates, donations per season, etc)
    7. Sharable replays within the alliance
    8. Lock AvA targets when they are under attack so no one can accidentally double attack it wasting an attack
  • Grande aGrande a This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 79 Black Sheep of ze Internet

Well the latest Ava matchup for us was the straw that broke the camels back. 10 in a row matched against rank 133 or higher, we are about 300. Noticing all those zeros as folks simply refuse to take part? Starting now, we will no longer be looking for war matchups. You have been given numerous suggestions over the past 4 months and have tried none of them. You've just lost another alliance

So it has been nearly a month since this posting, do you have any updates for us as to changes and improvements that are coming? any timelines?

• Milhouse322Milhouse322 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 33 Forum Traveller
    So I recently spent a lot of time and effort to upgrade my titan tanks because at level 1 they were a total joke with a supposed hit point value of 30,000 they were getting destroyed by everything, so now at level 2 I don't see much difference. What I want to know is how a level 3 rail gun that does around 2300 damage per second can destroy a level 2 titan with 32400 hit points in 2 shots I have witnessed it time and time again do the math. So is the hit point/damage parameter a total sham the whole time we are upgrading our offense is to lead up the all mighty titan only to find the good old striker takes damage just as well and doesn't take 23minutes to retrain another line of lies and let downs from this game. I think it's time to take my business and my money to another game that has fair and real goals!
  • Milhouse322Milhouse322 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 33 Forum Traveller
    So it takes 3 seconds to take 2 shots thats still only 6900 damage not 32400 and if that were the case why can my lvl 20 strikers take as long to kill as the titan? I also noticed the titans like to fire at walls even while being attacked by tanks or stealths, it's just very frustrating to me to have the titan be this end goal once you reach level 20 which is no easy task only to have it be so ineffective at the level I'm fighting at I'm sure its awesome against level 15 domes and level 2 MR but I don't see any of those anymore
  • Quetzalcoatl2015Quetzalcoatl2015 The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 586 Goldsmith
    I just came back after 2 month of not playing, just to see same old problems not fixed, error code 17, 22, reconecting and errors, 35, 105.

Are you guys are going to fix it or I need to start looking for other game???

@Quetzalcoatl2015 said:
    I just came back after 2 month of not playing, just to see same old problems not fixed, error code 17, 22, reconecting and errors, 35, 105.

Are you guys are going to fix it or I need to start looking for other game???

It seems to be getting worse, the game is now on Facebook arcade so they're getting a lot more players which is causing connection issues. Maybe they'll fix it maybe they won't but considering how little they responded to their Dev chat I am not holding my breath. :*

• Quetzalcoatl2015Quetzalcoatl2015 The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 586 Goldsmith
    Agree, I will slowly stop playing, and doing something else.
  • SonicSonic Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

War factory component drop not fair, hardly getting any blue circle things, got lots of other components.
    Desperate in need of more ranks and the possibility of 2 players sharing the top spot.
    It's difficult to reward loyal players with such a narrow rank system

• QueenCandyQueenCandy Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 21 Delightful Duckling D

Not even a gold sale was enough to entice me to spend money and return

I have already started playing a different game there's no way you can level in the Empires & Allies game. For my account I haven't gotten a war Factory components in over 40-60 games, wins. And then of course I'm facing HQ levels three levels above my HQ level which is currently 12. So I've been facing level 15 HQ all the time, once in a while a level 16 HQ and I have to try to attack and go around it basically. I'm level High thirties and I'm facing lower-level fifties.

Zynga hasn't been talking in their dev chat / forums to try to resolve any of these issues that we have brought up. They're basically forgotten the game as far as I'm concerned, and there's no way I'd ever spend any money on this game. I'm just going to stop wasting my time trying to get a decent game out of it. It's a Pity too, the game was enjoyable at lower levels and then all this **** with the f*****-up matchmaking happens with Mia devs.

More like DevSilence#1,654,563

Love the communication Zynga. Keep fleecing the loyal customers with a broken, cheat ridden game.

This discussion has been closed.