Do trees grow? (Not my question)

Jmoney$$Jmoney$$ CloudyliciousRegistered User Posts: 111 Cloudylicious
edited December 2015 in General Conversation
Hello friends! My dad who plays empires and allies thinks trees grow in game and I think that they don't (because I'm smart) and now we are betting on who is right. Can someone please tell me the correct awnser so I can prove my dad wrong :) thanks for reading!

Comments

• ZsoZsoZsoZso Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 63
    edited December 2015
    short answer: Yes, they grow!

long answer:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=emipres+and+allies+how+to+grow+big+trees

Basically, if you cut them all down, then they will not grow back, but if you play smart and leave 12-13 always, you can keep getting new ones and farm them for gold regularly.
  • TheJinksterTheJinkster Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 85 Dramachine
    edited December 2015
    They do grow back, I got rid of all mine so I could redesign my base and I now have several trees again
  • Jmoney$$Jmoney$$ Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 111 Cloudylicious
    edited December 2015
    I explained it wrong sorry! I meant that a lv 1 tree grows to a level 2 tree all the way to lv6 can someone confirm that so I can get my betting money? Lol thanks :)
  • engrjosephdcengrjosephdc Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 240 Gabby Enthusiast
    edited December 2015
    Jmoney$$ wrote: »
    I explained it wrong sorry! I meant that a lv 1 tree grows to a level 2 tree all the way to lv6 can someone confirm that so I can get my betting money? Lol thanks :)
    It's randomly growing.
    Sometimes level 2,3, 5 or 6.
    I dont remember if I had a level 4 trees. Lol

edited December 2015
    According to the wikia, they do:
    http://empiresandallies.wikia.com/wiki/Tree_%28Mobile%29
    "Each tree has 10% chance to grow into the next level in 12 hours time. They also have each 10% chance to grow a new tree during the same time frame. At the maximum tree level of 6 the tree no longer can spawn new trees."

But I have to admit, I have never noticed any low level tree getting bigger on my map, while I can see large tree (level 5 or 6) pop up from time to time out of nothing.
  • OdiniasOdinias The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 168 Investigator
    edited December 2015
    I think that wiki explanation is a load of rubbish. I had a level 1 tree on my base for months and it didn't grow into a level 2 tree. In the end I cut it down for the gold. Subsequently, I have never noticed any trees growing into the next level tree before.
  • Empire123Empire123 Team E&A Guest Posts: 1,005 Pet Queen
    edited December 2015
    Odinias wrote: »
    I think that wiki explanation is a load of rubbish. I had a level 1 tree on my base for months and it didn't grow into a level 2 tree. In the end I cut it down for the gold. Subsequently, I have never noticed any trees growing into the next level tree before.

You need to allot space around the tree for it to grow as well.

Community Manager - Empires and Allies
    Zynga/SF

• OdiniasOdinias The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 168 Investigator
    edited December 2015
    Ah I see. That might explain it. My tree had a building next to it so perhaps that's why it never grew.
  • engrjosephdcengrjosephdc Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 240 Gabby Enthusiast
    edited December 2015
    Odinias wrote: »
    Ah I see. That might explain it. My tree had a building next to it so perhaps that's why it never grew.
    You need to cut level 1 trees to grow.
    It won't grow unless you cut it

• tonantostonantos Gabby Enthusiast Suspended User Posts: 281 Unstained Chieftain
    edited December 2015
    You need to cut level 1 trees to grow.
    It won't grow unless you cut it

I think you and Odinias are talking about different things. They're discussing whether a level 1 tree will grow into a level 2 tree. Cutting it down would obviously not make it grow into a level 2 tree.
  • SmokeyCat2SmokeyCat2 Investigator Registered User Posts: 391 Social Snowflake
    edited December 2015
    I had small trees on my base for months too. I wanted them to grow also, like the big medal players. I asked this question earlier, and found the answer by digging in these forums.

So here is the deal:

You can have a maximum of 25 trees total on any base.
    Cutting down small trees will allow other trees to randomly spawn in.
    They will spawn on the corners of buildings and on mines, if you want big trees give them space to spawn.
    Keep about 10-15 trees on the base, not sure why, but it seems to help spawning.
    keep on cutting the trees you dont want, to get the trees you do.

I have a video with updates that shows the tree growth with in a few weeks of spawning.
    here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXzaF6p10AI

Hope this helps

SmokeyCat
  • Jmoney$$Jmoney$$ Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 111 Cloudylicious
    edited December 2015
    Well I owe people money now :/ lost the bet lol thanks learn something every day!
  • E.r. LeFavourE.r. LeFavour Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 14 Pumpkin
    edited December 2015
    Great thread and question. Hats off to Jmoney$$ for payin' up to his pops. Stand up fellow. Honestly, I found this thread to be very informative and refreshing. I am experimenting with the trees now. I have 24, I now have 23. I cut down a lvl 1. Gonna see what happens now. I have a couple of empty areas near my perimeter. :)
    Eric
    edited December 2015
    While some of the info on the wiki maybe suspect, this bit I have verified and it is very useful:

Removing trees consumes fuel, but produces gold. The amount of gold you get follows a sequence:
    3, 2, 3, 6, 1, 1, 3, 5, 1, 7, 2, X, where X is the level of the current tree + 1. After that the sequence starts over again.

So the number of golds you get is not random, it is this fixed repeating sequence of 12 numbers, only on of them depends on the size of the tree. Therefore to maximize your income, you should watch out for every 12th tree-cut and cut a big one at that time. You can see how many trees you have cut down so far in the achievement menu, there is one achievement called "secured Perimeter" which shows your progress, e.g. 109/500. When the first number is one below a multiple of 12, then you should cut a big tree next, e.g. for me the next one will be when I reach 119, the next one should be a big tree to get the most gold.
  • HarrisJoeHarrisJoe Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

Watching videos can help in stump grinding and i am sure the above shared thoughts are very beneficial for you and it has answered all of your questions in your mind.

• 1stNationCree1stNationCree Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

ok I have a question on the trees.. I see some bases have their trees in a circle, Is that a update or well planted trees?