Want to learn how to capture your gameplay for YouTube or Twitch?

Empire123Empire123 Team E&AGuest Posts: 1,005 Pet Queen
Looking to stream your game to Twitch or Share to youtube? Here's some helpful information we've found-

The following methods require 3rd party software or another service/App to run, we do not require you to use or try these, they are only methods we've seen players use. Proceed at your own risk, we take no responsibility for problems you run into. We do not suggest using a method which requires jailbreaking/unlocking your device.

Quicktime + iOS Device
Apple now offers a convenient, official way to record an iOS device’s screen. This requires a Mac running OS X Yosemite and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 8 or newer. Unfortunately, this feature is only available for Mac users. It’s intended for developers to capture their apps in action, and iOS developers will need to have Macs anyway. If you have a Mac and an iPhone or iPad, you can connect your iPhone or iPad to it and use the QuickTime application to capture its screen. Just select “New Movie Recording” instead of New Screen Recording, click the menu button, and select the connected iOS device instead of your Mac’s built-in webcam.

El Gato HD Game Capture
Probably one of the more expensive setups to purchase, but allows capture of any HDMI source. I use this and a iOS A/V Adapter (w/ HDMI) to capture. Great if you plan on streaming multiple devices (consoles, mobile, etc)

AirServer
I Personally use this one most, it's a wireless option that uses AirPlay, your home Wifi and Airserver. The software isn't free, but I enjoy the wireless option.

Shou.tv
Been seeing alot of players using this to record and share. Workd with iOS and Android. *Only a few iOS devices will work without Jailbreak.

Have another method? Post it below!

Community Manager - Empires and Allies
Zynga/SF

Comments

• yolopoyolopo Enthusiastic Expert Registered User Posts: 529
    edited June 2015
    I find that Irec works for ios 7 and under
  • Empire123Empire123 Team E&A Guest Posts: 1,005 Pet Queen
    edited June 2015
    Takkers wrote: »
    For Mac Users:

Apple now offers a convenient, official way to record an iOS device’s screen. This requires a Mac running OS X Yosemite and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 8 or newer. Unfortunately, this feature is only available for Mac users. It’s intended for developers to capture their apps in action, and iOS developers will need to have Macs anyway. If you have a Mac and an iPhone or iPad, you can connect your iPhone or iPad to it and use the QuickTime application to capture its screen. Just select “New Movie Recording” instead of New Screen Recording, click the menu button, and select the connected iOS device instead of your Mac’s built-in webcam.

If you have other suggestions or want to share how you capture your iOS gameplay, please mention them below!

We've also learned that many android devices have native screen recording features. Please post these if you're using android!

Community Manager - Empires and Allies
    Zynga/SF

• TheGameHuntahTheGameHuntah Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 11 Loose Cannon
    edited June 2015
    Hauppauge PVR 2 + OBS / Xsplit or Airserver + OBS /Xsplit
  • RAJJAHRAJJAH Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

im using facebook gameroom on my laptop what and how could i possibly record my attacks on video?

• textwistertextwister Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon

Www.apowersoft.com. It's a fairly simple recording option for iPad/iPhone.

• johnnewsibaranijohnnewsibarani Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon

You Can Use Sofrware COREL VIDEO STUDIO 18, Free Download....

• santiagortegasantiagortega Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    Buenas tardes
    Tengo una peticion.. muchas veces cuando ataco a un cuartel que tiene camuflaje y apesar de destruir ese camuflaje no me muestra todas las defensas que estan ocultas. ni siquiera tirandole paralizador se deja ver. la configuracion de mi cuenta está en resolucion Alta.. Ayudenme por favor.
    Gracias
  • KanchanKanchan Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon

Hi Team Zynga,
    While playing menticore it's stopped automatically every time after few seconds. I have lost many steel to repair my omega. I am unable to unlock next mission for this. Please solve this asap or give me a solution

• KanchanKanchan Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon

Hello Team Zynga,
    The ads (short video) is not running in my android mobile. For this I am unable to add boosts to my base. Help me.

This discussion has been closed.