RECON: The basics of Empires and Allies

Empire123Empire123 Team E&AGuest Posts: 1,005 Pet Queen
edited October 2015 in New to Empires & Allies
1395907_1013675151980546_7554167813793357159_n.jpg

Listen up Soldiers,

We've broken down the basics of the game for you here to try and help prove your worth on the battlefield.

The game consist of a following section areas:
10476643_1035258189822242_2698375145226617898_o.jpg
Player base – This is where the player builds up an army + defenses

10818414_1035258363155558_5113692961759724529_o.jpg
Globe – Shows Earth, enemies, resource bonus, bosses and regions. The ‘staging ground’ for battle

10608665_1035258443155550_3895341271948787049_o.jpg
Enemy base – Whether non-human (PvE), or human-based (PvP), the player can choose to attack a variety of bases

img1422460285346-interface.jpg
Interface Screens – From player base, there are several UI screens including:
a. Leaderboards (medal icon)
b. Achievements (mini-globe icon)
c. Alliances (join, create and manage an alliance)
d. Chat tab (triangle) Chat, gift and receive
e. Battle Log – See who you’ve attacked, and who’s attacked you – and how
f. Armory – Where you buy various buildings for your base
g. Globe Button – Takes you to the globe screen
h. Quick Match – Takes you to a random player base for optional attacking
i. Settings (gear icon) – Connect to Facebook/Game Center, change audio, etc.
j. Builder icon – Shows # of available builders and allows purchase of additional builder
k. Buy Gold icon – Allows purchase of premium currency from the HUD
l. Resource levels – Shows how many and the max # of resources available to the player
m. Player name/XP Level – Shows the player name and their XP level

-The player takes on the role of a new Commander who initially helps another commander destroy an enemy base.

-The player soon learns that there is a global terrorist group (the GRA) who have spread their misguided mission of “Peace Through Strength” across the globe.

-Player has a XP level. As they build and upgrade, their XP level increases.

-A player may upgrade their HQ (headquarters) only if they have acquired enough XP. Attempting to upgrade the HQ early will yield a message that they must have enough XP to upgrade.

-Players start in southern Africa, and traveling north will uncover more difficult bases to conquer.

-The player will encounter “boss” characters in various continents and/or regions. The boss will taunt the player periodically and have a ‘special’ base that the player will need to defeat.

-After “securing” all of Africa, the player can then decide how they want to advance across the globe (example: they can choose to secure the Middle East or Eastern Europe).

-The bases on the globe increase in difficult as the player progresses.

-The bases on the globe that the player will encounter are a blend of non-player bases and player bases. Player bases are created by real people.

-“Invasions” occur over time. When a simulated invasion is ‘planned’ the player will receive advance notice on the globe interface. The invasion attackers must be defeated or they will take over a secured country.

-Optionally, a player may choose “Quick Match” to battle a random player base that is near their medal & XP level.

-“Victory Stars” are granted to players as they:
a) Defeat at least 50% of a base (+1 star)
b) Defeat the base HQ (+1 star)
c) Defeat 100% of a base (+1 star)
d) Max total of 3 stars

-Resources (oil/supplies) are awarded ONLY if the attacking player receives at least 1 star. are collected as you defeat any base. Bonus resources are rewarded the more

-New resources (Steel & Tech) are available as the player levels-up their HQ

-Global chat is available for people to discuss the game to a subset of all players

-Players may join Alliances, where they can chat privately and help each other by gifting resources.

-Premium currency (gold) may be purchased with real-world currency

-Premium currency will substitute for missing resources or can speed up transactions, such as building structures or upgrading troops.

-Special bonuses (boosts) are awarded to players in an alliance, when any player in the alliance spend real money. Boosts vary and provide special enhancements (such as reducing build times)

-Players can upgrade their buildings:
· Resource buildings will increase rate of acquiring resources or max amount of resources that can be stored
· Defenses will increase the HP and damage weapons will dish out
· Tarmacs: Increase number of troops and allow certain types of troops to be added
· Storage Bunker: Protects a % of resources in the event of a successful attack against the player’s base
· Research Agency: Allows upgrading up units & command powers
· Weapon Command: Allows increasing the number of “Command Points” for each attack

-Engineers must be available for a player to upgrade or build a structure. Player starts with one, but can purchase an additional one.

-Command Points are used to deploy Command Powers. Player starts with an A10 strike and earns new Command Powers as they progress. These icons appear in the lower-right section of the screen when a battle starts.

-Player begins with the ability to deploy clusters of troops at a time via Chinook Helicopters. When the player levels-up (Level 4 HQ) they may choose to deploy 1-unit at a time. They can change this at any time by tapping the HQ.

-At level 4, the player unlocks "Strike force", the ability to boost structures on your base to make them stronger & faster. To use Strike Force, tap on the icon in the bottom left corner of the screen to expand the Strike Force menu, then drag one of the icons onto a building on your base.

- At level 6, the player acquires a new ability. They can assign each Tarmac a tag (Alpha, Bravo and at Level 10, Charlie). Each tag allows players to redirect only that set of units on the battlefield. Example: Player configures Ranger units on Alpha Tarmacs. Configures Tomahawks on Bravo Tarmacs. In battle, if the player taps the Bravo button, and then taps the battlefield, the Tomahawks (and only the Tomahawks) will move to the tapped position.

- Players receive medals by conquering player bases.

- Players and Alliances are ranked on Leaderboards (by medal count)

- Player can replay a battle by tapping the Battle Log (clipboard) icon to see the outcome of a battle.

Community Manager - Empires and Allies
Zynga/SF

Comments

• JohnCrooymansJohnCrooymans Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2015
    This game needs a lot of renovating. The only thing going for it are the graphics. It is sinfully expensive - who in their right mind would buy any level of gold; buy 3 Xbox games and have a lot more fun. I accidentally bought lowest package - just a waste.
    Very slow to upgrade and wage war as the fuel requirement stalls the game. Upgrades of different levels are not in sync.
    Play solitaire instead.
    edited March 2015
    Not sure why PvE's (non-human) need to be added to the game other than to use up player resources to force them to spend money. It is obvious that a human who was either insanely patient or spent too much money to reach level 14 for example, is not on the same playing field as a non-human who at level 14 has upgrades well beyond that level.
    Secondly, most always, attacks come from non-humans, again Zynga stealing resources for their monetary benefit
  • Commander DariusCommander Darius Super Moderator Super Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,265 Administrator
    edited March 2015
    Not sure why PvE's (non-human) need to be added to the game other than to use up player resources to force them to spend money. It is obvious that a human who was either insanely patient or spent too much money to reach level 14 for example, is not on the same playing field as a non-human who at level 14 has upgrades well beyond that level.
    Secondly, most always, attacks come from non-humans, again Zynga stealing resources for their monetary benefit
    This game needs a lot of renovating. The only thing going for it are the graphics. It is sinfully expensive - who in their right mind would buy any level of gold; buy 3 Xbox games and have a lot more fun. I accidentally bought lowest package - just a waste.
    Very slow to upgrade and wage war as the fuel requirement stalls the game. Upgrades of different levels are not in sync.
    Play solitaire instead.

Hi JohnCrooymans!

We appreciate your remarks towards the game. The app is still on beta phase and rest assured that the Empires and Allies team is diligently working to improve it. Thank you commander.
  • alysdexiiaalysdexiia Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 628 Mazter Guardian
    edited April 2015
    Sounds like how Edgeworld, a futuristic tower defense FtPMMO by Kabam, began.

Here's a new suggestion: Get rid of HQ levels altogether; make XP bidirectional like land ownership; tie XP directly into the market.
  • Foo_FighterFoo_Fighter Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 5,316 Moderator
    edited April 2015
    alysdexiia wrote: »
    Sounds like how Edgeworld, a futuristic tower defense FtPMMO by Kabam, began.

Here's a new suggestion: Get rid of HQ levels altogether; make XP bidirectional like land ownership; tie XP directly into the market.

Thanks for the suggestion, alysdexiia! I'll share it with the Empires and Allies team for review. Just let us know if you have other ideas/suggestions that will help us make the game more exciting. Have a great day!
    edited April 2015
    There definitely has to be something changed with HQ's.
    I need a level 12 to get Apache helicopter yet on the global continents maps there are enemies with a helicopter at level 8. You know Zynga is after your resources so that you spend money.
  • Commander DariusCommander Darius Super Moderator Super Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,265 Administrator
    edited April 2015
    There definitely has to be something changed with HQ's.
    I need a level 12 to get Apache helicopter yet on the global continents maps there are enemies with a helicopter at level 8. You know Zynga is after your resources so that you spend money.

Hi JohnCrooymans!

It's by game design that some of the computer controlled bases are equipped with more superior troops and defenses to bring challenge. Anyway, thank you for always providing your feedback and rest assured that the Empires and Allies team is diligently working to improve the game.
  • stmcneilstmcneil Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon
    edited July 2015
    Good basics post!!!! I have encountered the fuel issue slowing progression. I play clashofclans and in comparison it's not smart to upgrade hq unless you have leveled up everything else first. In empires and allies I am not sure how pve matches are picked. It seems as if I am always fighting bases with players 7-10 levels above me.

How is the subset of people seen on global chat developed? I had trouble adding a friend today and it made it apparent it's almost impossible to add someone. You can't search for member of their name is too generic, for some reason they can't search for your ally name if it's too complicated. You can't change your in game name (fix this) to make it more specific to be found. I had my friend join an ally j could search for then I scrolled member named down to send him an invite. That's way to complicated For the average gamer.
  • GufgaGufga Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 20 Delightful Duckling D
    edited August 2015
    I understand the points about money, However, they are inn business to make a living as everyone is, there product is leisure and it is the most expansive resource of all in there type of business, time of people, they aren't using steel for buildings, or thousands of acres for farming, they , most of there business costs are likely payroll. Most people spend there time working for the ability for leisure, which is what the game provides for you and me. How do you expect them to bring the game without it costing something?? I've complained too, that the more we buy we should get discount. Like in the real world, but they charge more for each level increase, but we should get credit for old things like recycling in the real world. I understand the philosophy of higher tech devices costing more at first, but once demand is huge, prices will. Technology always gets cheaper with time, the cheapest new laptop today is thousands times more powerful and efficient than a computer built in 1985. Everyone has cell phones now and can afford them. Upgrading a group Tarmac from level7 to 8 for example is a ridicules cost. Drowns don't get shot down in real life so easy, and the fire power on an a10 or drown could kill what ever the hit first Time permanantly. Well, we all have our opinions.
  • Elvison Procopio SilvaElvison Procopio Silva Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited August 2015
    Fazem 6 dias que nao consigo conectar em minha conta, fica dando código 25, o tempo todo, ai passam os 4 min e depois começa de novo. Resolvam este bug urgente.
  • VvkkkVvkkk Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited October 2015
    Hey, i need some help, what is the icon on the left of the money bar, its a blue bar
  • GorilaGorila Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    Am like this game but it's same thing it's not fair for player mast pay resource when he von the batle that's hapend when am attaked and am von think this is not ok
  • SalvatoreSalvatore Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
  • alfredcastilloalfredcastillo Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

Hi,please add me too,thanks in advance.

• deathmerchantdeathmerchant Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

@Gufga said:
    I understand the points about money, However, they are inn business to make a living as everyone is, there product is leisure and it is the most expansive resource of all in there type of business, time of people, they aren't using steel for buildings, or thousands of acres for farming, they , most of there business costs are likely payroll. Most people spend there time working for the ability for leisure, which is what the game provides for you and me. How do you expect them to bring the game without it costing something?? I've complained too, that the more we buy we should get discount. Like in the real world, but they charge more for each level increase, but we should get credit for old things like recycling in the real world. I understand the philosophy of higher tech devices costing more at first, but once demand is huge, prices will. Technology always gets cheaper with time, the cheapest new laptop today is thousands times more powerful and efficient than a computer built in 1985. Everyone has cell phones now and can afford them. Upgrading a group Tarmac from level7 to 8 for example is a ridicules cost. Drowns don't get shot down in real life so easy, and the fire power on an a10 or drown could kill what ever the hit first Time permanantly. Well, we all have our opinions.

i am now in level 10 but i can hardly play it now because i have to buy resources to upgrade. it's a fun but an expensive game. i love command and conquer/red alert. but the one thing i wish is that when you attack and deploy your troops, you should be able to stop them. once you deploy your troops they attack on their own, and there's nothing you can do to stop them so you can reorient the attack LOL... in every level, it gets more expensive until you say, "ok i have to buy gold" to upgrade. then you need more gold, and then more.. this is when the fun disappears.... i am done with it...

• StinkyStinky Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 143 Saint Spontaneous

@deathmerchant you should not have to buy resources to upgrade. Always upgrade your storages ASAP, and then raid, loot, and pillage until they are full, then upgrade HQ and repeat.