Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Freezing Issue

Comments

• MihailMihail Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

The game is freezing on every 5-6 sec for a part of the second(millisecond). Due to the problem it's very uncomfortable/slow to play fast and accurate. It's difficult to select the wanted item, to click on time, etc. It's extremely annoying. I think it's not to the machine: Win10 Laptop, CPU: i7, RAM: 8Gb, VIDEO: gforce GTX 960M. The game version: 9.2.2039.0(32). So, please advice! Thanks in advance!

• boomerboomer Posts: 110Registered User Cloudylicious

my game is freezing for two weeks , it is not fun :(

• MihailMihail Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Permanent freezing? Or frequently millisecond freeze-black-outs during the gameplay?

• M1P4M1P4 This Space Is Available Posts: 327Registered User The One Who Knows it All
    edited February 2018

Many (or all) win10 players have that issue. The game freezing every 5-10 seconds for a second or so. It started after the update in the beginning of January. It is not your computer. They say they are working on it.

http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape/discussion/3166499/screen-flickering-issue/p1
    The title is misleading and the thread merged from 2 separate ones, so it may be hard to follow afterwards, but as you can see you are not the only ones.

There are some temporary solutions that one can try at their own risk, but if you do, please read the whole thread to make sure you wont do more damage than good (to your farm and your computer). Since there also seem to be problems with syncing and/or downloading the latest update, I strongly recommend not to re-install the game without having a working up-to-date backup of your game somewhere (more on that in that thread).

I suppose they will eventually have to fix it, so one can just wait, if one is unsure of how to safely apply the temporary fixes.

• MichaelRMichaelR Posts: 9Registered User Loose Cannon

Thanks @reslav for the tip, I had the same issue with game freezing and deleted most of the .tmp files in the c:\Users[user name]\AppData\Local\Packages\D52A8D61.FarmVille2CountryEscape_jwbwg6xx0377a\LocalState\ folder. Only kept the most recent (and a backup copy of the whole folder for safety) and now the freezing is gone.

In my case the folder had grown to well over 38000 files, almost 6GB in size, oldest .tmp file from somewhere in January (January update). So no wonder I/O performance got affected.

Hope Zynga fixes this soon.

• Farmer_JaneFarmer_Jane Posts: 6Registered User Loose Cannon
    Win 10. Past few days, every few seconds a Long pause. Every. Few. Seconds. So annoying! At first I thought maybe it was my internet connection? Or my laptop? Or the programs running? Drove myzelf crazy re-starting.

Dear Zynga: Got a cat And dog house and thought about purchasing some keys for animals...But things like this make your customers really re-think investing anymore time and money in your games.
  • 426Dave_D426Dave_D Posts: 42Registered User Grasshopper

@reslav said:
    Windows script for deleting .tmp files.
    1. Download file del_tmp.cmd
    2. Open file with any txt editor and replace CURRENT_USER with your windows user name.
    3. Save the file and run.

This is on page 3. It deletes all except the last tmp file.

2b. In order to open it in a text editor, you will need to right-click on the downloaded del_tmp.cmd and 'Rename' it to del_tmp.txt. Then you'll be able to open it in Notepad and change the CURRENT_USER to your own.
    3b. Then 'Save As' back to del_tmp.cmd and run.

Works like a champ. Run anytime the game starts glitching (close game first). About once a day in my case.

• M1P4M1P4 This Space Is Available Posts: 327Registered User The One Who Knows it All
    edited February 2018

Is this issue really being worked on? For real? The constant few second freeze. An honest answer would be greatly appreciated.

I use the temp fixes now (I gave up and hate myself for it) but that doesn't make me and likely not many others who use it much happier. Constantly fixing the game myself (one a day for me) before before being able to play is not fun (to put in nicely). Only makes one aggravated. Wouldn't do it if I wouldn't feel I can't just vanish from my coop since I am the leader.

Not to mention all others, who 1. Don't see these posts 2. Are unable to apply the fixes, because they are not a piece of cake for everyone. Can you really afford to lose a huge bunch of win10 players (this seems to be a wide spread problem from what can be seen from posts here and the view count). Then there are those who don't even visit the forum - they see that the game is broken, keep checking from time to time and it still is broken. How long will those people keep checking before giving up completely? I wouldn't want this game to die, thus my concern. (+a tad, or "maybe" more than that, of annoyance involved because of what I've already posted before and all the other problems I've seen posted at the forums lately - and they keep flooding in, bug after bug) For those, who still want to play the game so much that they put up with the freezing, soon will not - each day the freezing gets worse for those who aren't savvy enough to fix it or don't even now that can be done.

Many members who usually are very active in my coop have also suddenly stopped playing without any notice (such that I know will let others know if they can't be playing a lot for some time in the future). First ones after the win10 bug, then some more after the android/ios bug that came with the next update. Some I've reached via fb, but not all, since I don't get that involved with everyone in my coop, because I do appreciate my privacy.

Unfortunately I don't feel I'm tech savvy enough for the DIY fixes. With my luck I might erase everything (maybe a good thing??!!)

I hate missing out on all the daily freebies. The Prize Chests. Panning. Prize Wheel.

I love the Prize Wheel message:
    "Invite Friends: Add 3 friends and get an extra spin every day forever!"
    LOL. Don't they mean Enemies? I wouldn't wish this on my Friends! :neutral:
    edited February 2018

@Farmer_Jane
    Wait just a while if your patience has any room for it left. Maybe they'll answer to my previous question and maybe we get an honest answer. Maybe they'll fix it - and within a reasonable time. (Reasonable time from this moment on - for this post I disregard the fact that the fix has been absent for more than a month now.)

I could use the private messages to guide you step by step and try to do a better job with any step I wasn't able to explain well enough. I wouldn't mind taking the time for that at all. BUT I am not willing to take responsibility for anyone losing his/her farm or messing up someone's computer because of my help efforts (misunderstandings are always a possibility + with FV, sadly, nothing is guaranteed), so I just can't make myself do it. Especially over something that is the responsibility for someone else (Zynga) to fix.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Valentine's event? And maybe once it's over, the game will work again. I can only speculate.

Thank you for the offer. I may take you up on that if it doesn't get fixed when the event ends.
  • annajo3159annajo3159 Posts: 24Registered User Delightful Duckling

This has been going on daily since Jan 11, 2018, and looks to me like they would have already fixed it by now. But they haven't and now I am starting to feel like they just don't care how many players they lose over this freezing issue. I run a co-op too as a leader and about 20 of my players are having the same problems I am. And now chat is messing up and some can't see it or respond or their sun just turns and turns and nothing. These issues really need to be fixed asap or people will leave this game and go to township. I have lost 8 players to Township this week. Get it together, Zynga!!

edited February 2018

@Farmer_Jane It's not this event. It all begun with the update in January (11th if I recall correctly). Zynga messed up the game code with that. Some clues on how can be found in this thread. The more one plays, the worse the problem gets. That's why some noticed it earlier and some later.

The event ending will not in itself fix it. Zynga has to fix the game. It may happen after the event ends of course. Or with the update that brings the next event. Or as a separate update. (Or never...) In any case it's a bug in the core game itself (from what can be read in this thread and from the temp fixes that help) and not just the event(s).

But as I said (and obviously worded in incorrectly), I am hesitant at giving any advice that may in the worst case make things even worse if something goes wrong, if there are any misunderstandings or if what works for me or others will not work for you and if any of these problems will result in breaking something (be it the farm or the computer). I don't want to feel guilty for that since the problem is for Zynga to sort out. That's why I haven't offered any advice here either. I guess I shouldn't have said that at all, since now it was partially misunderstood. Blah. I rephrase: "I'd love to help, but I don't dare, because if something goes wrong because of some misunderstanding and/or because FV is unpredictable, we both feel even more miserable than we do now."

If you are uncomfortable in venturing into the fixes offered in this thread (which is very understandable if you are not familiar with what people are talking about), just wait for a fix or even some reply on this thread from Zynga - or keep asking for one. Or, maybe, someone here can explain what they already have in a different way. (No, I'm not asking anyone to. Was just a thought that it might happen) So keep checking.

edited February 2018

I am spamming, since I and obviously others too would really appreciate an answer (and therefore won't even apologise for doing that). Please.

@M1P4 said:
    Is this issue really being worked on? For real? The constant few second freeze. An honest answer would be greatly appreciated.

I use the temp fixes now (I gave up and hate myself for it) but that doesn't make me and likely not many others who use it much happier. Constantly fixing the game myself (once a day for me) before being able to play is not fun (to put in nicely). Only makes one aggravated. Wouldn't do it if I wouldn't feel I can't just vanish from my coop since I am the leader.

Not to mention all others, who 1. Don't see these posts 2. Are unable to apply the fixes, because they are not a piece of cake for everyone. Can you really afford to lose a huge bunch of win10 players (this seems to be a wide spread problem from what can be seen from posts here and the view count). Then there are those who don't even visit the forum - they see that the game is broken, keep checking from time to time and it still is broken. How long will those people keep checking before giving up completely? I wouldn't want this game to die, thus my concern. (+a tad, or "maybe" more than that, of annoyance involved because of what I've already posted before and all the other problems I've seen posted at the forums lately - and they keep flooding in, bug after bug) For those, who still want to play the game so much that they put up with the freezing, soon will not - each day the freezing gets worse for those who aren't savvy enough to fix it or don't even now that can be done.

• Apache2015Apache2015 Posts: 1Registered User New to the Forums

My game keeps pausing then starting back then pausing then starting, very aggravating when you click on a task and you have to wait 5 to 10 seconds before you can do anything again?

Since we get no replies from moderators or support and there are so many comments in this thread, I wanted to bump Reslav's comment, which works as a temp solution, so that it is easier to find for those who try to make sense of this thread afterwards:

@reslav said:
    In my case problem was fixed when i close the game and delete all 'tmp*.tmp' files from c:\Users[user name]\AppData\Local\Packages\D52A8D61.FarmVille2CountryEscape_jwbwg6xx0377a\LocalState\ directory.

Make sure you delete only the tmp files (not friendblobs, userblobs etc). I save the most recent ones (from one day) just in case, but from what is said above it likely is not necessary. Nevertheless keeping those will not affect the performance. I have to do this daily. If you can't do this yourself, but would want to play, consider asking someone who is more familiar with File Explorer to help you.

I'm not trying to take credit for the solutions, just wanted to make the solution stand out from all the comments, since this thread has overwhelmingly many comments now and the game itself still has not been fixed.

reslav also posted a simple script that does this quickly and safely folks. See my post above on this page(5) for instructions.

Yeah. Zynga's like the Honey Badger of the gaming world. LOL. I tried to be patient.
    Later tonight I'll attempt the suggested Tmp fix.
    edited February 2018

@Farmer_Jane If you do encounter issues or things your are uncertain of while trying, do send me a pm (rather when you are unsure than when you already have issues). I said I don't want to in case something goes wrong, but since you said you will try anyway, I might as well try to help in case it is needed. Unless someone else wants to. Or if you found a family member or a friend that can help - awesome :)

The fix is not my invention, but it works for me an also for others from what I've seen and read here. Let's just hope that in the long run it won't cause some issues, though I don't see why it would, but one never knows.

Just now I am nevertheless about to go to bed, so I can't be reached until after my night's rest. And still, I will not take any responsibility if something goes wrong so it's at your own risk, but will help with that as much as I can you happen to need help. If we encounter something for which I am not 100 % sure I can give an accurate answer, I will give no answer at all.

If you think @426Dave_D's solution might be easier, go for that. But in that case I take back what I said, since guiding someone through with confidence I can explain everything correctly would be harder for me to do well enough to dare to go through it. For that you need to recruit some other "support staff member". Hmm... Zynga???

• TracielTraciel Posts: 6Registered User Loose Cannon

My game keeps freezing cannot connect and now ive lost tons of money/keys because there seems no fix. either your servers are **** or you have to much going on with the graphics.. i have put up with this for over 3 months. I have played this game since you announced it and am tired of loosing what i have worked for. I am temped to move to a different game/producer and take my money with me. fix these issues or loose a ton of loyal customers!!

The game is not deleting .tmp files properly and becomes overloaded with them. See my post in the following thread...
    http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape/discussion/3166499/screen-flickering-issue?

edited February 2018

My/reslav's solution is easier and safer. Every time you open that folder and delete files manually, you risk messing it up. Back up the game to another user first!

reslav's script really is a simple affair. I ran it by my anti-virus scanner before opening it. Safe! Here's the text of it...

@echo off
    c:
    cd c:\Users\CURRENT_USER\AppData\Local\Packages\D52A8D61.FarmVille2CountryEscape_jwbwg6xx0377a\LocalState\
    del tmp*.tmp
    Pause

One could simply copy the above,
    Paste it in Notepad,
    Change the CURRENT_USER to your Windows username (not your Windows Store gamer or Log-in name),
    Then under Notepad's Files tab: select Save As - del_tmp.cmd
    Save it to an easy to find folder (such as Documents).
    Run the file whenever the game starts to glitch again (and it will).

To find your User name, right-click the Start button. Select Windows Explorer. Go to Windows C:. Scroll down to Users. There you will see the user name you gave when you set up Windows 10.

If you want to make sure you have the correct user (there could be more than one) you can keep drilling down the folders until you see the Farmville one...

c:\Users[user name]\AppData\Local\Packages\D52A8D61.FarmVille2CountryEscape_jwbwg6xx0377a\

If AppData doesn't show, it may be hidden so you will have to go to the top of the page and click 'Show hidden files'.

This is all much easier than it sounds. I hope I've given you all the possible steps in case you get hung up along the way.

edited February 2018

Yes, I agree, it is IF one is at least somewhat familiar with scripts. For those who are only familiar with File Explorer (which applies to most casual users), the other might be the only solution. Not disagreeing, just explaining why I bumped the solution that I did. It was not to diss the other solution.

Also, my English is not sufficient enough to guide someone through the script solution for someone who likely doesn't know what a script is to begin with. That's why I said I can't use pms to guide someone who says "I don't feel I'm tech savvy enough for the DIY fixes" through that solution. For the other solution I'm confident enough with my English skills to give it a shot.

Everyone reading this for the first time, there are 2 temporary fixes to the freezing issue found in this thread. One involves using scripts, other involves manually deleting files. Read the instructions carefully (there are more in previous pages). In any case a backup copy of your farm in another device is strongly recommended before applying either of those. Both solutions also have to be re-applied regularly until the bug itself is fixed. No-one here takes responsibility for the results.

@Knows Wheat @mhaki @Alpine Enigma: Is it be possible to rename this thread as 'Freezing Issue' or such so that it would be more descriptive? So that people wouldn't constantly start new threads on the same topic?

edited February 2018

Sorry no, you don't need to be familiar with scripts. I'm not. I simply followed reslav's steps. Then reposted them in a more detailed (and somewhat simpler) manner to help those that are even challenged by File Explorer.

Again, it's easier and safer than going into the LocalState folder and deleting files manually.

I suggest you try it before commenting. I believe you'll then agree.

edited February 2018

@426Dave_D Oh dear, should we have a poll or what? I resign from continuing with this dispute after this comment. None of my comments were not posted in order criticise any solution nor to say one is better than another for everyone. (Correct me if you find one.) People are different and find different things easy/hard - be it because of savvyness or just because of the way their brains process things.

None of mine were to criticise anyone here (Zynga excluded) or to start an argument either. If some in your opinion were, feel free to and please do quote. I will not respond, since continuing this is insane and will make it much harder for those seeking a solution to actually find one, but will read and learn from them so I won't cause something like this again when I'm only trying to help.

In none of my comments where I've used the word easier have I said one or the other is easier for everyone. Actually the only sentence where I managed to find I use that word is "If you think @426Dave_D's solution might be easier, go for that." If you took that as a way to say "I think the other one is better", you are mistaken. It was to encourage her to consider that option just as much as the other in case that would be easier for her.

And thank you, but I don't need to experiment further in order to know which option I'd rather use. As I said, we all are different. Since you were sarcastic, I take it I too am allowed to be - I suggest you taking some time to consider that just maybe people's brains are wired differently before stating something is easier for everyone (not referring to differences between the two of us only, but to differences between all people).

and my last word is Safer! ;)

• Farmer15Farmer15 Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Have freezing issue with my windows 10 machine. Manually deleted temp files yesterday and it worked well but was time consuming. I am now going to attempt the download. I am not very computer literate so thank you for all of your help. Where is Zynga though?

• karenzkarenz Posts: 19Registered User Muffin

this is what it is like: gather wheat, freeze, water wheat, freeze, feed cow, freeze. Go to market, let load- scroll-freeze. CHAT: wait to open- type, freeze. The issue is getting worse everyday. Use the mariner when he is finished he leaves. Force close the game, he comes back .

no error message

I have force closed game on average 5 times a day -rebooted - clear cache -disk defrag and clean up

Playing on hp Pavillion desktop windows 10 home edition. intel core i5 - 7400T [email protected] GH12.0 GHz

• karenzkarenz Posts: 19Registered User Muffin

there are other people in our co-op that are experiencing the same issues. It is making it most unpleasant to play, and would like to know if this issue is being worked on IE: before the next event?

• mhakimhaki Super Moderator Posts: 1,352Guest Cream Corn Champion

Done renaming the thread, @M1P4.

We appreciate that you guys are sharing the temporary fix for this issue. I've already made a follow with the team regarding the status and will update this thread once we hear any news. We appreciate your patience while this is being worked on.