Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Can I start a new co-op and be the sole member?

MookieMookie Registered User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon

I just started using the Market Stand about 9 months ago. I don't know how/why I was placed in this co-op but it appeared inactive with 12 members. I was the only member playing so it was easy to reach my personal goal of 15 and the co-op goal of 20.

The last two months other members have started playing. One has helped a few times by completing several orders. Two other members come in JUST before the Market closes for the week and fill ONE order. They don't use a name - it only says "Co-Op Member". I've completed at least 20 orders - they complete one but get the same rewards from my hard work.

Also, now the co-op goal has jumped from 20 to 60! These members have ruined my main way of earning favors and coins to expand my farm.

I realize most people are looking for co-op members but it was much easier when I played alone. Maybe I just don't understand how they work.

Is it possible to start my own co-op and be the only member? Or do you have to have a certain amount of members? Would that set my co-op goal back down to 20?

I've searched & searched but can't find this info. I'm so frustrated but am afraid to start a new co-op without knowing the rules and messing up my game.

Answers

• PoodlePoodle Registered User Posts: 46 Building Expert

Hi Mookie i believe you can start a co-op from level 11 onwards... you would need to leave your present coop first to avoid any problems... i am not sure how many members you need to participate in maria's wood board... I know it is 4 for boat racing... Perhaps others would like to clarify.

• MookieMookie Registered User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon

Hi Poodle, thank you for your reply. I don't have Maria's Board, it's probably on FB but I play at Z. I haven't tried boat racing and didn't realize that was tied to the co-op.

Thanks for trying to help.

• JenkeyJenkey Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 1,109 Assassin
    @Mookie Being the only person in a coop is tough and actually the more marie orders you do can increase the goal each week.
    If you have players in your coop that you don’t want, you can always remove them and then lock your coop so no one joins. And as stated from Poodle above, being by yourself you won’t be able to participate in the boat race.
    If you want you can always join my coop, we participate in all events, Marie board, boat race and pike board... we help each other fill orders and craft items to reach goals.

If interested search for: Homegrown Farmers (cowboy emblem), the coop is locked, however your request will come to the inbox!
    Happy farming :)
  • bcbatchbcbatch Registered User Posts: 10 Loose Cannon

I am a coop of one, so it can be done. I complete Marie’s board each week doing all the orders myself. I also compete in the boat race and have managed to work my way up in the prize levels to motorboat one. With the boat race, in order to get the top contributor rewards, your coop must have three people, so I don’t get that reward, but it’s nice having the extra barn space and helper to stock up on golden gloves. At one time I had someone else in my coop but she decided to quit playing, and I never tried to get anyone else. With only one person, you don’t have anyone to send you helpers, but I usually have enough to cover what I need without getting extras. Good luck!

• MookieMookie Registered User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon

Hi Jenkey & bcbatch,

@Jenkey -It gives me the option to remove some members but not on all of them. It's the same with visiting them which is strange. I don't see how to lock it, maybe because I didn't start the co-op. I usually reached the co-op goal of 20 within a few days by myself without much difficulty. Sometimes I would do 30-35 orders for the extra coin, XP and favors without it raising the co-op goal of 20 when I was the only member playing. It's these new/returning members playing all of sudden (but not helping much) that has pushed the goal to 60. I'm the only member that plays every week so filling 60 orders is impossible. Don't even get me started on the two that sneak in and do only one order just before the board closes so they can get the rewards - after I've done all the other orders!! :(:s:'(

If everyone participated it might be more fun but I haven't experienced that so don't really know how it works. I'm probably going to try starting one like bcbatch did and be the sole member.
    If it doesn't work I'd enjoy joining yours. Thank you for the offer.

@bc - If you were able to start you own w/o it requiring other members than I think I will give it a try. I'm just nervous it will mess up my game in someway.

You both must play on Facebook because I play on the Zynga site and think we get different boards, quests, etc. For example, I don't have Marie's Board, the Boat Race or Pike Board. My co-op orders are done through the Market Stand. We get the Putt Boat Race every few months that only lasts a few weeks.

It gets confusing when they have different things depending on which interface you play on. That also makes it very difficult trying to find help or guides which are usually very outdated anyways.

Thanks so much for your help. Have a great night!