Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Game frozen even after using troubleshooting tips

mummerpagemummerpage Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
Good day,

The game, FarmVille 2: Country Escape, is frozen. When I open the game from my iPhone 8 Plus (iOS platform), the game will completely freeze shortly after loading. Can’t move around in the farm, can’t select anything in game, absolutely no response or completion of loading.

I’ve tried force closing the game, clearing all other apps, looking for an update to the game, confirming I have the most recent iOS update/version, and turning off my iPhone. Nothing has helped and the bug tips explicitly states to not delete/uninstall the game.

Now what? I don’t want to lose what progress I’ve completed to date, or lose any other pertinent information for my game profile.

Please help!!
TIA

Answers

• Becky1390Becky1390 Registered User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon
    I'm having the same issue with the mobile android version as well as the windows pc version. Seems really strange that I can't play on either version
  • marymacdocmarymacdoc Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

same here on both windows and iphone

• chiibisukechiibisuke Registered User, Super Moderator Posts: 116 Moderator

Sorry for the experience, @mummerpage, @Becky1390, and @marymacdoc. We are aware of the freezing issue and our team is already working to fix it as soon as they can so everyone will be able to play again. Please visit our Hot Topics page from time to time for updates. We appreciate your patience.

• wwjddebbie808wwjddebbie808 Registered User Posts: 47 Building Expert

I am having the same issue - I use keys to boost my points and then the game freezes and not only do I lose those keys I keep losing time to play the event - ugh!!!

• VioletteViolette Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

Same thing happened to me last night. Playing on my Ipad, I boosted with keys for the final hour of the Glamour Cat event. Then game froze with 30 minutes left on my boost. I force closed and restarted, freezes after about 2 secs after loading.
    Went on my Iphone, same thing happened.
    When I turn off Wi-Fi, I am able to play the game.

• wwjddebbie808wwjddebbie808 Registered User Posts: 47 Building Expert

@Violette - thanks for the info - if this happens again I will try that!!

• RibknitterRibknitter Registered User Posts: 0 New to the Forums

My game has been frozen for over 24 hours. I have deleted the game 6 times trying to get it to reset with my iCloud backup but it still remains frozen. HELP

• DixieleiDixielei Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

Hi don’t know if I can be of help I had this problem 2 days ago. I was about to finish the new fishing board and it froze me out till he refreshed. It is done it again today on the first day of fishing board so if I am froze out for the duration till he comes back then there is a problem. Have you opened fishing board also have you started selling to it.

• Astrid1960Astrid1960 Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

I’ve the same issue. Game is frozen

• chiibisukechiibisuke Registered User, Super Moderator Posts: 116 Moderator

Apologies for the inconvenience, Farmers. We appreciate that you have tried fixing the freezing issue by performing the troubleshooting steps. It may also help by updating the game to the latest version. We are thankful for your patience and cooperation.

• Bethrocks05401Bethrocks05401 Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    My game is frozen too. Won’t load at all. I was playing and all of a sudden it froze. I restarted and it won’t load at all. It gets through the loading screens and gets to where the game will be and freezes. I can hear the birds chirping but the stuff won’t load on my farm. This is ridiculous in the middle of an event.
  • LiLeah76LiLeah76 Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

Same issues, I have contacted them 5 times in hopes of getting this resolved. Game only works off line. If I connect to WiFi or cellular data will not work. I login on PC, if connected to Wifi does the same, freezes. Really makes me mad knowing that the problem has been reported so many times since December and the issue is still not resolved. I left my first review of Farmville today and it was not good. The most recent reviews of Farmville 2 are not good. Communication of progress would be a big help.

• ErnaastErnaast Registered User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon

@chiibisuke said:
    Apologies for the inconvenience, Farmers. We appreciate that you have tried fixing the freezing issue by performing the troubleshooting steps. It may also help by updating the game to the latest version. We are thankful for your patience and cooperation.

There is no updating help for windows 10 pc. Game is frozen for 2 weeks now.

• mummerpagemummerpage Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    Recreated then issue a few weeks ago. May be a bug in the system, but that’s up to the admin(s) to confirm.

When doing island expeditions, you complete the board, but then hold on to the last request to get the timing of the unlimited speed seed perk. If you do this and leave the game, it will mess up your access to the game and not load properly/freezing upon logging in.

TLDR: do not hoard items in inventory to complete last island expedition task. If it’s in your inventory, your game will bug/freeze when trying to get back in later.

No other instances, during my play time, caused this issue. And it seemed to resolve itself after ~2 weeks (?) or afternoon the event (at the time) was over.

Hope this helps anyone else that may be experiencing this similar issue.

Happy farming Friends!