Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Anyone else really, really getting bored with the Halloween type event?

mrsfittsmrsfitts Registered User Posts: 45 Building Expert

Having to try to get the rare ingredients, plus tons of regular resources, times it times 3 to hope for a chance to get just 1 of the many, many, many items needed only to get bupkiss makes this event Really frustrating, then boring.

For example.
3 eyeball cookies takes
3 butter cream
3 bananas &
9 pies
But you need 6 white chocolates and 6 butters just for the 3 butter creams
For all that, you get 5000 coins, 1 prize cow feed and a boost. No Event items until the next set of 3.

That's a LOT of stuff to get just 1 out of 8 event items.
18 pies
6 bananas
12 butters
12 white chocolates

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The only good thing is it's just you-yourself, you don't have to worry about a leaderboard. Which is good because at 5:30am on the morning this event started, someone was selling sugar sprinkle items at the market. I guess it's possible if you pay thousands of keys right at the start???

Comments

• CaroBCaroB Registered User Posts: 65 Captain Obvious

@mrsfitts some of us have been playing the event for 5 days now so not a surprise that items are for sale!
    I am on Phase 6 and play on my own so nothing to do with keys or cheating just a staggered start for some strange reason ....

• mrsfittsmrsfitts Registered User Posts: 45 Building Expert

Sorry if I wasn't clear, on the first day (15th?) people were selling the sprinkles -the event had only been going at all for a few hours. I too play on my own, and I'm on the 4th -which according to what's being sold now is at least 2 levels above the majority. And yet I'm frustrated & bored because no matter how much stuff I gather/make, it just takes so many rounds to get just one event (like the 6 I mentioned just for 1 event item -it should be make all the parts, and then for each whole you make, you get 1 event item) That way you can plan better for your storage requirements. Although I can understand why zynga doesn't want you to have enough storage... you then have to buy more...

• CathywCathyw Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    > @mrsfitts said:
    > Having to try to get the rare ingredients, plus tons of regular resources, times it times 3 to hope for a chance to get just 1 of the many, many, many items needed only to get bupkiss makes this event Really frustrating, then boring.
    >
    > For example.
    > 3 eyeball cookies takes
    > 3 butter cream
    > 3 bananas &
    > 9 pies
    > But you need 6 white chocolates and 6 butters just for the 3 butter creams
    > For all that, you get 5000 coins, 1 prize cow feed and a boost. No Event items until the next set of 3.
    >
    > That's a LOT of stuff to get just 1 out of 8 event items.
    > 18 pies
    > 6 bananas
    > 12 butters
    > 12 white chocolates
    >
    > zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    > zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    >
    > The only good thing is it's just you-yourself, you don't have to worry about a leaderboard. Which is good because at 5:30am on the morning this event started, someone was selling sugar sprinkle items at the market. I guess it's possible if you pay thousands of keys right at the start???

And the worst part is, all this work and effort and all you get is a temporary pet. It would be worth it if it was a permanent pet like they used to give.
    edited October 2019
  • OmaNorma15OmaNorma15 Registered User Posts: 49 Building Expert

I'm fed up with all the events. I start keenly but after a week or so I'm bored with the repetition. Surely Zynga can think of something original.

• CowDanceCowDance Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star

These events are the worst. between the grind needed to get the items, and the fact you need to do it 3 times for each prize win. I have just given up on the final phase - there is no way I can get enough iron in the time left to craft enough items to win all the prizes. and I went into the final phase with 24 iron saved. Impossible events are not fun.

• Barrios44Barrios44 Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 277 Gabby Enthusiast

I decided from the start only to do the first two stages. The rest not worth it. So I only just started ;)

I've calculated I've made enough event items to finish the event 5x over -all the blankets, 5000 coins and boosts instead of event items given is ridiculous- with 2 days left and constant playing, I still have 8 event items to get -which should take only 40 more pumpkin lanterns (or 160 more pumpkins)

• MrsBoodleMrsBoodle Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

I started the event, got to phase 4 and gave up, every time I got the items needed, I never got that drop needed to prgress. More than 8 times in the cauldron to gain wafers and absolutely NOTHING, suffice to say I gave up.....but then to be told it was worse in phase 5 as you needed so much tin it was near impossible (even tho I’m aware people have it) I only get 1 tin each time I visit the mine, however there are other things needed for tin so you end up with nothing!!!
    I will always try the event but my hope is the next one will be better!!

I say this every time an event comes available :0)