Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Locks, Nail and building materials not take up storage

Bevil59Bevil59 Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
It’d be awesome if you make all the building upgrades such as shovels, nails, locks, ropes, hooks, and anchors not a part of barn storage perhaps a separate store space within the house or barn. Or even a separate barn just for it. I’m constantly running out of room for supplies to craft items because I keep getting 20+ locks.

Comments

• MohanMohan Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

As Bevil59 requested, it will be of great help to the players if the barn and crop silo building items are kept separately.

• chiibisukechiibisuke Registered User, Super Moderator Posts: 110 Moderator

Appreciate your suggestion for a separate storage for the building materials, @Bevil59 and @Mohan. This is noted and will be forwarded to the team to be included in their discussion when making improvements on the game. Thank you for your continued support.

• Terri Dennison-WeddingTerri Dennison-Wedding Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 10 Pumpkin

At the least, make it to where we are able to sell or trade building supplies so it doesn't take up as much storage space if we don't need that many of each item.

• jessbashore1jessbashore1 Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    I'm out of room in the water silo because I'm still trying to get all the land. I need 1anchor and cant get . But I have like 60 ropes. I dont want to upgrade cause I'm so close to expanding. Please let us sell or make the items easier to get. At least the anchor and hook .thanks
  • LesleyRLesleyR Registered User Posts: 92 Chocolatier

I need 51 items, plus tin, to be able to expand my barn by 10 spaces. Why should I take up this much space to expand by 10. I too feel that we should be able to sell nails, padlocks and shovels if we no longer require them. I just delete them when I am getting short on space

• wisebadgerwisebadger Registered User Posts: 55 This Space is Available

Yes, please, let us sell or trade surplus building materials if you don't want to let us have a separate storage facility. I have 80+ locks, 2x as many nails as I need for the next upgrade, but lack 11 shovels and space for them to accumulate in the meantime. And don't limit to 1 item per sale box. Allow us to sell at least 3 at a time.
    I don't know about other players, but the back porch storage is pretty useless. I use it when I decide to rearrange placement of workshops or animals as a temporary holding spot, but otherwise ignore it. It has never been expanded, and the lightbulbs get ditched as soon as they show up.
    Give us something we can use that doesn't cost us a year's production or eat up more storage space. Needing to expand the seaway storage when only 1 or 2 items away from opening a water plot is frustrating as well. I have plenty of rope to draw and quarter Nick, but I need 1 anchor to open a plot. Come on, give a little.

• crystal1551crystal1551 Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    I don't feel Zynga is hearing us. We desperately need the ability to buy and sell upgrade materials. Other farming games offer this option. Why not Zynga? How many times do we have to plead with them to make this change? I think we should boycott the game until they decide to do something to solve this ongoing and very frustrating issue. It's not fun at all when you have expanded your barn as much as you can and can't collect all the shovels you need to expand because you have so many nails and padlocks and you have to either throw away entire lots or sell a lot of stuff that you need or would rather hold onto because it takes so much time to accumulate. The mariner and Eddie asks for things in the double digits. It's almost impossible to accumulate all of one item (like 17 cove punch or knit caps or scarves) when you have a surplus of 60+ barn nails and/or padlocks and all the other items needed for the various tasks. We NEED to be able to buy, sell and trade all items, including and especially padlocks, nails, shovels and pickaxes. It's a no-brainer, Zynga! Get with the program! Your game is quickly losing its appeal to me and I play every single day, but I'm almost ready to quit. We'll see if this forum and the suggestions, requests and complaints are taken seriously or not. I will NOT continue to play if we are not given the option to buy and sell upgrade materials and I certainly won't be recommending the game to friends.
  • RedboneJezz17RedboneJezz17 Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    > @Bevil59 said:
    > It’d be awesome if you make all the building upgrades such as shovels, nails, locks, ropes, hooks, and anchors not a part of barn storage perhaps a separate store space within the house or barn. Or even a separate barn just for it. I’m constantly running out of room for supplies to craft items because I keep getting 20+ locks.

A she shed or a shed would be awsome
  • RedboneJezz17RedboneJezz17 Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    I agree we need a she shed or just a ahead to put that stuff in alsome need more menerails as well
  • SunnyDSunnyD Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

This is obviously quite a problem for alot of players to have building materials taking up barn space. Please allow us to sell them to others or trade them.

• SunnyDSunnyD Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

Or allow us to throw away a few but not the whole.