Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Horrible Leader Board/ Top 5 type of event to celebrate a birthday? Plz STOP this type of event!

LynnLucille222LynnLucille222 Registered User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon
We all HATE this horrible type of event! I've been a regular since the beginning and this is how you want us to celebrate the 4th year of the game? This type of event encourages aggressive competition and cheaters! This game is not an aggressive type of game. Plz STOP bringing back this horrible type of event! Bring back Bingo.

Comments

• JeanSteele24JeanSteele24 Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    Why do we have to have top 5 events, it’s open to cheating. I really hate these events, what’s happened to the Bingo events we’ve not had one of these for ages!!!
  • andersanders Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    The top 5 event is the worst. It induces stress in an otherwise peaceful game. Also people are somehow cheating. Side comment, come up with a different prize animal already. Another dog!?! Your creative team is getting lazy.
  • HappyhedgehogHappyhedgehog Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    The top 5 event takes the joy out of the events. Unless you invest many many hours or lots of cash into the game they are impossible. Too much cheating. Please bring back bingo.
  • ShirleyRShirleyR Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    Been playing this game for a while and top 5 is not the best event. It takes the fun away and makes me not want to play and I can honestly say many agree.
  • RustydarRustydar Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

I am so fed up with the TOP 5 event - I refuse to play. It is much too aggressive and people cheat! Totally takes the fun and relaxation away from the game.

• Lilsaint60Lilsaint60 Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    I dnt play FarmVille if it’s this sort of event very stressful
  • lcollettelcollette Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    I do play this game a lot and the problems with theses top 5 events is that the hackers make it impossible for us real players to play, it’s very very frustrating and this needs to be address ASAP.
  • DarlenePDarleneP Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE the Top 5 Event. I won't play it. AND, I may not even play the game while it is occurring. Please create a new event that is non-competitive. AND, why have this particular event to celebrate a 4th anniversary??? I have been playing since the beginning

• mmorganmmorgan Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

Totally agree. I’ve been playing for years and this event is almost impossible unless you’re willing to: 1) cheat. 2) spend a crazy amount of money 3) quit your day job and play 24/7. This is especially true when your players are higher levels. This particular event is stressful and I believe is FarmVille’s way of making money. Your developers seem to be getting less and less creative.

• Barrios44Barrios44 Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 297 Unstained Chieftain

@LynnLucille222 said:
    We all HATE this horrible type of event! I've been a regular since the beginning and this is how you want us to celebrate the 4th year of the game? This type of event encourages aggressive competition and cheaters! This game is not an aggressive type of game. Plz STOP bringing back this horrible type of event! Bring back Bingo.

Agree 100%. The Christmas storybook was somewhat different, if hard, I thought at least something along those lines for the birthday event, not this **** again. Zynga, please respond to these numerous requests for bingo instead of leaderboard.

• lindasuelindasue Registered User Posts: 70 Black Sheep of ze Internet
    I too have been playing since start if game and every time a top 5 event starts we all complain and ask for bingo back but we never get any responses from zynga.I have quit playing several time have all but given up hope of them ever caring about their players ,if it weren't for being there to help my co op I would never play again..COME ON ZYNGA HEAR US!!
  • demndiademndia Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

Couldnt agree more, fix these issues... i can post screenshot just ban them atleast

• LynnLucille222LynnLucille222 Registered User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon

Wow dmnindia! That's insane! 2 cheaters with the exact same number of points in the billions! Not possible! Zynga, plz remove the cheaters and stop doing this horrible leader board/ Top 5 event! It absolutely ruins the game for everyone!

• JoAnnPJoAnnP Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

Have the first 5 players over millions 3 with billions with the same score. Will not play this event anymore cheaters

• IwateGuyIwateGuy The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 63 Captain Obvious

There is no way to sugarcoat it : Zynga makes money from ALL active accounts and will NOT ban cheaters for scoring 2 billion points in an event. The best you can possibly hope for is that Zynga will remove them from your group and drop them into some other group.

• SuperFLSuperFL Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 27 Clueless Cookie

Hear hear! I totally agree with all of the above. Got "only" 2 cheaters in top 5 now but they usually come crashing in on last day of event and sweep all of us out from top 5.

• demndiademndia Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

how do we get zynga's attention?

• Rambling RoseRambling Rose Muffin Registered User Posts: 1,525 The Chosen One

I love leader boards. I save all my keys, gold stamps & golden gloves for them.
    I usually do well.
    However I agree it's completely inappropriate for a birthday event as not everyone can win.
    I'm also confused. I thought last year's birthday event was in April? Maybe I'm wrong.
    Even so the pop up message about daily prizes is misleading. It said register on Facebook. I never use Facebook but have the Lite version for games. All I could find seemed to be years out of date.
    In any case as most of my coop don't play leader boards, if there are daily gifts they'll miss them, not that I've seen any.

• IrrayaIrraya Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 1,256 Genius Genie

I used to love leaderboards. They were a lot of fun. However, there are too many cheats now. Also, the playing field is not equal. One person can come first with a few thousand points, where someone else needs a few million just to get into 5th place. This is why people get upset, and angry.

Unfortunately Zynga are money minded, and simply doesn't care about their players. A lot of players spend a lot of real money for the county fair and the leaderboard events. This won't change. So Zynga keeps making money, they're happy, leaving a lot of other players **** off.

• JenkeyJenkey Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 1,190 Assassin
    @Rambling Rose i do the same thing, save all keys, gloves especially lol just for leaderboard event!! I also agree it wasn’t the best idea to do leaderboard for a permanent farm hand on the Birthday Celebration
  • Rambling RoseRambling Rose Muffin Registered User Posts: 1,525 The Chosen One

@Jenkey & confusion over the daily gifts too.
    The envelope in the corner seems to have a permanent red i on it so it mostly gets ignored.
    I found out here that there was a gift of 10 keys yesterday then spent ages explaining to coop members who'd had the 5 compensatory ones & thought they'd lost out somehow!

Zynga seem to have a knack for creating disappointment.

• DaveDave Registered User Posts: 67 Captain Obvious
    I have never cheated, and I won a couple years ago the white angora cat, and then won again gold so it gets me extras like grapes, peach, milk, and I noticed it gives me slightly more boost in this game on one item!

Unlike some players, I love competing with myself and others. Board games encourage competition, so guess those who prefer quiet solitare or knitting don't like this kind of event. Please do not stop it for those who do not care for competition!

I play after I get off work on the long bus route home, and in the weekend. And shocking, I'm #1. I'm hopeful I can get this bulldog, and cross fingers I can get the special bulldog at the end and then see if using it plus that special cat with boost what I get in Grandmas Glade even more!

The only complaint I got is that the bulldog has his tongue panting straight out his mouth, while a real one likely has it flipping out the side more. Too many complained you offered another dog. I love cats, but I also love dogs. There are hundreds of breeds in real life, so I think the variety of dogs you offer is cool. I hope to see more diversity in the future in how the dogs look and behave.

Also for those that haven't ever won, that cat I won is so funny when it's supposed to be working it gets into trouble like knocking over a pail or sleeping. :p
    > @Irraya said:
    > I used to love leaderboards. They were a lot of fun. However, there are too many cheats now. Also, the playing field is not equal. One person can come first with a few thousand points, where someone else needs a few million just to get into 5th place. This is why people get upset, and angry.
    >
    > Unfortunately Zynga are money minded, and simply doesn't care about their players. A lot of players spend a lot of real money for the county fair and the leaderboard events. This won't change. So Zynga keeps making money, they're happy, leaving a lot of other players **** off.

Some people do spend real cash. Seems silly to me, I prefer my cash to go to reality purchases. However I never use real money and still sometimes succeed. That's just the way games go!

This is what my position is currently after lots of hard work, and...by the way I earned extra 500 birthday points for completing quests. That's key to winning. :)
    > @demndia said:
    > Couldnt agree more, fix these issues... i can post screenshot just ban them atleast

Oh wow! Obviously you have cheaters in your game. I have never seen such big numbers!

@ZyngaAdmin
    People that play occasionally are typically placed in easier groups. This is in no way fair to the people that do play regularly, daily, and do spend money from time to time. I too do save my keys, seeds and hands but it's insane when people instantly appear with impossible amounts of points within my one hour boost using keys. Within that hour I sell tons and score maybe 30k points and the cheaters instantly appear with 200k + points.
    It's not possible and it ruins the game for everyone!
    Zynga please stop doing this horrid event!
    And guess what? The cheaters ARE NOT spending money. They are just cheating.
    Reward the real players that are working hard!
  • MichaelRMichaelR Registered User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon

Zynga should expand it to the top 10 getting the extra farm hand, then even with cheaters around, the fair players at least have a shot at winning an extra farm hand.

• IrrayaIrraya Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 1,256 Genius Genie
    edited March 2018

@Dave said:
    Here is what mine looks like. Feel free to show yours.

I guess you're enjoying as it's quite easy to reach 1 with those scores. I loved playing leaderboards when I had some nice groups as yours. I never do now.

This is mine this time:

With your points, you wouldn't even be in the top 20 in my group

edited March 2018
    Hi Irraya, yes the cheaters are out of control and Dave and several are lucky to not experience them. I really hope Zynga will listen and hear how devastating it is for several of us. Once Dave has it happen that cheaters appear from no where, he'll understand. It stinks to work and work and use hundreds of keys to just be obliterated by cheaters out of no where.