Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Freezing Issue

Comments

• M1P4M1P4 This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 384 Social Snowflake
    edited February 2018

@Farmer15 If you, after you've navigated to the correct folder, use the search box and type .tmp there you can just delete all the files you get as search results. Clicking one and then pressing CTRL+a will select them all, then just hit delete. That way it's fast to do. If you create a shortcut on your desktop for that folder, it's even faster.

(A note because of the previous argument here: This comment was written just in case he or someone else is unable to use the other fix, and didn't before know what I just wrote above. Not to promote or diss either solution.)

• 426Dave_D426Dave_D Registered User Posts: 42 Grasshopper
    edited February 2018

I believe the latest Event download may have fixed the problem. The LocalState folder is staying steady at ~65MB and there are no .tmp files. This after 3 hours of play with the new event.

edited February 2018

I haven't been able to play yet today. I'll check mine once I can.

• Farmer_JaneFarmer_Jane Registered User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon

Not sure I'm doing this right... I download del_tmp.cmd. I right-clicked and renamed and showing as del_tmp.txt but in properties it shows as a Windows Command Script (.cmd) file. So...did I do something wrong?

• hawkhawk Registered User Posts: 248 Gabby Enthusiast

@426Dave_D said:
    I believe the latest Event download may have fixed the problem. The LocalState folder is staying steady at ~65MB and there are no .tmp files. This after 3 hours of play with the new event.

I deleted my tmp files too and they are not repopulating, so far...
    :)

• Farmer_JaneFarmer_Jane Registered User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon

Ok. followed all the steps and game loaded without problems. Able to play - no freezing so far. Thank you!! :wink:

I do see a message about New Content Update. Yikes. Is there Another update?

There is a new update and I believe it is the one @426Dave_D is talking about. It also starts a new event.

edited February 2018

Yeah I just verified with my backup copy that the game is patched. But for those that haven't deleted the hundreds of .tmp files already, the game will likely still freeze. (there were over 770 .tmp files the first time I deleted them. The folder had bloated to over 600MBs)

I had to manually delete the .tmp files in the backup copy since I didn't have del_tmp.cmd installed in that user. The patch didn't do it for me. M1P4's shortcut for deleting those files can be a real timesaver. Here's his instructions...

"If you, after you've navigated to the correct folder, use the search box and type .tmp there you can just delete all the files you get as search results. Clicking one and then pressing CTRL+a will select them all, then just hit delete. "

Once again the correct folder is:
    c:\Users[user name]\AppData\Local\Packages\D52A8D61.FarmVille2CountryEscape_jwbwg6xx0377a\LocalState\

• MsCinquettiMsCinquetti Registered User Posts: 15 Muffin

Thank you player helpers! I was able to delete those thousands of tmp files, and my game is back to speedy! Huge thanks!

• karenzkarenz Registered User Posts: 25 Clueless Cookie

Thank you! Thank you for the easy to follow instructions on how to delete the .tmp files. I had over 81,900 files! No wonder I could not play~

edited February 2018

Now I too played for some time after the update and for me too the tmp files seem to no longer accumulate.

But since the update didn't fix the problem of deleting the ones that already had accumulated, there still is a huge amount of players who's game still keeps freezing. Eg. all who don't use this forum, which is a huge amount + those who aren't for whatever reason able to apply the temp ones suggested in this thread even if they see them. So one more fix is needed in order to actually fix the game. This patch only helped those who applied or will apply the fixes suggested in here. @mhaki @Knows Wheat @Alpine Enigma And just in case the techs think the normal cleaning programs will get rid of those tmp files - they do not.

And on my behalf too, a big thank you for everyone who worked hard to come up with the fixes. Especially hats off to @reslav, who was the first one to figure out the root cause and originally came up with both of the fixes everyone from then on used.

• austintony01austintony01 Registered User Posts: 56 This Space is Available

i have forced close the game as instructed, rebooted and still the problem exists. other games i play do not have this issue. the freezing is increasing in length of time and more often. it even freezes if i just have the game on but am not playing. when is zynga going to fix this? it is getting harder to complete events.

• karbiz03karbiz03 Registered User Posts: 34 Forum Traveller
    edited February 2018

426Dave_D, embarrassed to say I had to get a kid to do what you suggested, I'm not even close to being tech savy, deleted the tmp files. With that said, it worked!!!!! Thanks to everyone who tried to help me and for everyone smart enough to figure this stuff out since Zynga wasn't going to fix the problem. Game is playing wonderful, fingers crossed, for now Thanks again everyone

Daily player who only wants fair gamers

when is zynga going to fix the problem of the game freezing every six clicks of the mouse. it is getting to be quite an issue especially when trying to work on the events. getting a boost is a waste of time as the game spends six to ten seconds frozen.

edited March 2018

@austintony01 said:
    when is zynga going to fix the problem of the game freezing every six clicks of the mouse. it is getting to be quite an issue especially when trying to work on the events. getting a boost is a waste of time as the game spends six to ten seconds frozen.

Zynga patched the game, but you still have to delete the old .tmp files yourself to actually see results. See my post above on this page on how to do it.

i deleted the temp files but they repopulate the next day when i load the game. should i uninstall and reinstall to get the fix? thank you

• mossmoss Registered User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon

i can't open a ticket to ask for help it just give me the run around i tried to go through the game help but it just took me back the the same page , i have he same issue the game freezes or it wizzes out to see or forest

how do i get a reply from here? can i put my email here?

• SofiaSofia Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star

somebody is going to correct game errors??? more than 2 weeks has passed and I can't still play. where should I still write that have corrected my problem????

• ghuberghuber Registered User Posts: 15 Muffin

just found this thread. tried the suggestion and found more than 53k tmp files. why on earth is this game creating them?

all is well on the farm now after i un-installed, emptied the temps and reinstalled the game. no more freezing issues. thanks to all who have helped.

• MaguiMagui Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

_HI, whem i open my game, everything is blocked and green,!

can you help me?
    thanks

• JaqcrackersJaqcrackers Registered User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon

I'm having the same issue and it's been a very long time now that the game is constantly freezing. This is very frustrating when trying to compete in anything. I'm trying to play by the app on my PC Windows 10. When is this going to get sorted please?

@Jaqcrackers There are two folders that cause problems in my experience using Windows 10. The instructions below outline one.
    The second is C:\Users_youruserid_\AppData\Local\Packages\D52A8D61.FarmVille2CountryEscape_jwbwg6xx0377a\LocalState\socialimages I pinned this location to my quick access in Windows Explorer and empty it when scrolling through global market slows down. It also speeds up the restart process which is very painful and used to take up to 5 minutes.
    Good luck and make sure you have saved to Facebook or Google before you start trying to fix anything!

@426Dave_D said:
    Yeah I just verified with my backup copy that the game is patched. But for those that haven't deleted the hundreds of .tmp files already, the game will likely still freeze. (there were over 770 .tmp files the first time I deleted them. The folder had bloated to over 600MBs)

I had to manually delete the .tmp files in the backup copy since I didn't have del_tmp.cmd installed in that user. The patch didn't do it for me. M1P4's shortcut for deleting those files can be a real timesaver. Here's his instructions...

"If you, after you've navigated to the correct folder, use the search box and type .tmp there you can just delete all the files you get as search results. Clicking one and then pressing CTRL+a will select them all, then just hit delete. "

Once again the correct folder is:
    c:\Users[user name]\AppData\Local\Packages\D52A8D61.FarmVille2CountryEscape_jwbwg6xx0377a\LocalState\

Thanks for the response @426Dave_D. I haven't located the folder but I will look at deleting .tmp files and see what happens.

@Jaqcrackers These folders are by default hidden so you have to use Windows explorer to unhide them.

I couldn't get it to work without uninstalling Firefox then reinstalling & resetting Firefox

@Jaqcrackers Interesting. I fail to see what Firefox has to do with it but if it worked for you and things are better with the game play that is great.

can someone please give me the whole folder location as it seems to be short! can i leave my email here as i may not be able to find it again here [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.