Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Freezing Issue

Comments

• 426Dave_D426Dave_D Registered User Posts: 42 Grasshopper

@reslav said:
    I'm glad to help you. And now you can make a complete >solution to solve the problem.

Ha, that's a job for the Team Engineers. Hope they see this.

• reslavreslav Registered User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon

@426Dave_D said:
    Ha, that's a job for the Team Engineers. Hope they see this.

Ok :)

• M1P4M1P4 This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 384 Social Snowflake
    edited February 2018

Zynga, c'mon, seriously...

I still didn't go and tamper with my farm nor anything else, since I wanted to see if that would really work. Partly because I doubted that it would be as easy as that and thus didn't bother. Partly because I do think it is Zynga's job and not the customer's. I haven't had my hopes up, since the bug doesn't make the game completely unplayable and from the answers supports has sent to people hint that this is not considered to either be an issue of Zynga, but an issue on the customer's end. Or it just not is a big enough issue to fuss about. (In which they are incorrect - I wish I could get a tech to sit beside me, use my farm, and see how long he/she will put up with it and wants to play more) Anyhows, I did have that small hope inside me and waited. As now seen, the issue seems to reoccur after each update. I will not be fixing the game week after week after each update, so so much for me even considering anymore.

Will this really be left for the players to resolve amongst themselves? More and more people will not only lose their farms due to failures in re-installations and now some may completely mess up their computers as well. Many satisfied customers after that, huh? How about the majority who don't have the slightest clue of what those who are desperately trying help others are saying? The freezing issue has been there since about the 11th of Jan. Do you really not care if you lose most / a lot of the windows players? This many reports here means the amount of people having the same problem worldwide is a huge multiple of those who comment here.

Instead of fixing the problems from the previous update Zynga goes and shoves out another update that froze the game completely for other platforms. Is it really more cost efficient to skimp on testing (to many it seems as if none is done, though I guess that can't be possible. Maybe.) and instead solve the messes afterwards? Or not solve them at all. I know the profit for these kinds of games mostly come from 5 % of the players, but do those whales put up with anything and everything? Those just starting out have no qualms in moving on and Zynga will lose the chance of them reaching that 5 %. And don't those who occasionally spend real money add up for at least somewhat of an income to care for?

And customer satisfaction - bug after bug after bug year after year diminishes that and seriously hurts Zynga's image thus lowering the chances of success for one of Zynga's main strategies - constantly creating new games. Those who have occasionally spent money to enhance their gaming experience stop using real money (as I said above, I don't know if those account for enough for Zynga to be meaningful in terms of profit, but, if they do, that income is diminished as well).

I said earlier, I don't trust myself enough to be able to write a civil message with constructive criticisms, but I seriously put in the effort. I know I am just 'one dumb player who may not know anything about games and business', but I just had to put this somewhere so I maybe would get it out of my head. My reasoning may of course completely fail and if anyone has any points of view I may've missed, I'd be delighted to hear. I do not enjoy it that my head is full of questions I simply can't answer, when things simply don't add up to me, so I surely wouldn't mind. I also know this is not the place if one actually wants to get heard, but I don't know what is nor do I think it would make any difference anywhere. But if anyone knows of a more proper place for this and other such efforts, please do let me know.

In a nuthshell, Zynga, c'mon, seriously, is it really worth it to keep shoving out buggy updates one after another and not even fix them (even the big ones) within a reasonable time?

Just wanted to address a couple points M1P4. I've seen evidence that these problems started with an update (forget which one) last fall.

On the other hand I don't think it's event updates causing the problem. The LocalState folder continues to grow due to all the saved .tpm files... the files that save your progress. The game isn't releasing the old ones. I've had to clean out the folder of .tmp files twice in the last few days already. Each time the game starts glitching, the folder size is close to or even over 500MB and there are over 700 .tmp files.

I'm no programmer, but I would think this would be an easy fix, especially since we've seemed to have identified the problem.

edited February 2018

Thank you for sharing your observations @426Dave_D. I've had no issues before the update on the 11th or whatever the exact date was. The game has always been as smooth as a game can be except for the market freeze all win players have (which stops being an issue after a few visits to it). But as you said, you have to fix the game yourself which everyone simply aren't savvy enough to do. Yes, I can, but many can't. Furthermore, the vast majority of the players will never see these fixes. And you also have to not just do it once, but to keep doing it. Thus my comment on it not being an easy fix. I rephrase - it is easy for those who know how to do it and are willing to keep applying it over and over again, but it is not a permanent fix that you can do just once and be done with it. (Unless I misunderstood something.) I agree with everything you've said here and think it's awesome that you are trying to help others, so please don't take this wrong in any way.

My latest post was not so much to address this one issue, but the overall way Zynga handles it's business (I've played FV2 since at least 2015 which seems to be the time I joined this forum), which I just can't get my head around no matter how hard I try to look at it from Zynga's point of view. Of course one reason being I would appreciate a bug free game at the time being, in the past and in the future, but I do try to figure out why things are the way they are with Zynga games so that I would be less frustrated. And I became frustrated quite soon after I begun playing. Since I just don't get it, it seems like pure madness almost and people are stuck with the problems for reasons that make no sense (to me at least) from Zynga's point of view either. And they have made loss year after year. It was, like, my 2 cents worth for an effort to make both the players (including me too, not being just an idealist with this) and the company happier since at the moment and in the past both are and have been suffering.

• AchimAchim Registered User Posts: 20 Delightful Duckling

@426Dave_d and @M1P4,
    you are right. It should be not our job to solve the issues at the game. This should be Zyngas job.
    We can give them some infos about what we find out, also about some workaround we found, but at least they have to find a final solution.

They workarounds here, including mine, are working only for a couple of days. Then you have to do them again.
    It was helpfull to finish the event but it is not a solution for long term.
    I had open a ticket before I found a workaround. I got a standard answer "We know and investigate for the issue". After I used the workaround I told them the way.
    They said "Thanks"
    I answer again and ask why they are not willing to fix the issue. There are many helpfull tips and workround at the forum. Also I ask why they don't make a reroll to the last good version, because it is not a problem by the event.
    I got the same answer like before "Thank you, we are still investigate for this issue".
    When I work so with my customers, they will fire me lastest after one month.
    I remember at the beginning when you could get the game first time for Windows. There was also an issue and I open a ticket. They answer " we not support Windows". So I think they don't have good developers on Windows.

Some of us are able to work inside Windows and found a workaround for an issue, but most of the farmers couldn't do this without a step-by-step advicement. Also it depends on the Windows version.

And if we are only 5% of users who have this issue it is not enough that Zynga will solve it.

I hope they will change their mind.

• annajo3159annajo3159 Registered User Posts: 25 Clueless Cookie

i'm back at square one with game freezing. trying to fix the issue again now. if i didn't like this game so much, i would have done quit and some of my friends feel the same. i do have a question for Achim, dave, and m1p4. i am not that smart at computers although i do try. can one of you tell me what is cpu and what it does. i have noticed several people using the term but don't exactly understand what it is. Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

@annajo3159 said:
    can one of you tell me what is cpu and what it does. i have noticed several people using the term but don't exactly understand what it is. Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Cpu is the main computer chip/processor that runs your computer. It is most likely either an AMD or Intel chipset.

There are a couple recent virus exploits that affect the 2 chips differently, which is why the question of which chipset you use has likely come up. I've been wondering myself if our problems are due to the Meltdown/Spectre cpu exploits.

So the next question is... what brand cpu do you use? Maybe there's a pattern here. I use AMD.

• hawkhawk Registered User Posts: 248 Gabby Enthusiast

Mine is intel and I don't think that has anything to do with all of these problems.

• karbiz03karbiz03 Registered User Posts: 34 Forum Traveller

426 Dave_D, I'm having same issues as everyone else. If this helps mine is Intel

Daily player who only wants fair gamers

Thanks guys. I sure hope it's not. Apparently the patch is worse than the bark at this time.

edited February 2018

Before I gave my 2 cent's worth for improving the game for the players and profit for Zynga in general. Here's my cent's worth in resolving the current freezing issue. Actually a question to those who can answer, since my savvyness doesn't reach this far.

In the UnityPlayer.log (in the FV package, TempState folder) this is repeated over and over again:
    "BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
    The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry."

Anyone know if this may have anything to do with the freezing issue? If so, I can (once again), contact support and give them this info and the log (whether they are interested or not). If it likely is not related, I won't bother, since I am not interested in getting more aggravated because of the answers they keep giving - I think we all have seen them many enough times lol.

If this happens to help someone fix their own game and/or help others, great (another reason I posted this here), though I still feel the same when it comes to who is responsible for fixing the bugs. I seriously resent that we are forced to go this far as people here have done in order to help ourselves and others. I resent that I let myself go there as well.

Side note: intel here

Hello M1P4,
    I found also the msg about the box size. Don't think this will be have any affect. The review reveals that the message is related to buttons.
    The game freeze also when you move or when you place items to the workstations.

Interesting is there are a lot of msg about a missing file:
    " C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/Metro/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp"
    The debug function should be off at our versions. This is only for the developers.

Also I found a lot of entries that unused assets will be unload to reduce memory usage. Like this:
    "Unloading 6991 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 83164. Operation took 665.197693 ms."

Right now I will delete the tmp files every 2-3 days as a workaround and wait that Zynga find a solution.

edited February 2018

@Achim Ok and thank you.

That was the only error I had in the log at that time. Now I too have that
    "Script error (ZyngaTimerBehavior): Start() can not take parameters.
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Mono/MonoScriptCache.cpp Line: 472)
    Script error (ZyngaTimerBehavior): Start() can not take parameters.
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Mono/MonoScriptCache.cpp Line: 472)"
    Only these 2. They weren't there when I wrote my comment above.

Five instances of similar lines as yours with slightly varying values which were there before too
    "Unloading 26512 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 89640. Operation took 201.875168 ms."

Yeah, wait... We shall wait... Those of us who still do put up with this - year after year. Weren't I not a coop leader and worked axx off for it I wouldn't and hadn't in the past. Zynga's strategy on hooking people up with the game(s) because of the social features has paid off. Moneywise though they have lost this customer a long time ago. In the beginning I used to occasionally but somewhat regularly buy some keys not only because I wanted to use them to something, but also to support the game. Will again, if I find the game and the company worth my money. Hint hint... I most likely am not the only one.

@M1P4

I do the same like you in our coop.
    If there is any issue our members ask me to solve it.
    I work as a PLC programmer and have some knowlegde about the systems.

btw...there are two issues more in our coop. Maybe you had/have the same in your coop and maybe you find a solution.
    1. issue
    On a android system the chat is not working well. The member could open the chat but when she try to write something the game restart. Only to sent Smilies will be ok.
    2. issue
    Some of our member get on events for permanent helpers groups where the top3 above 2billion points from beginning. So only 2 places left on the top5.

Tickets for both issues are open but no solution right now by Zynga.
    Maybe you know this issues and found a solution for it.
    Thanks.

@Achim said:
    2. issue
    Some of our member get on events for permanent helpers groups where the top3 above 2billion points from beginning. So only 2 places left on the top5.

I've seen mention on these forums that users that hack the game for unlimited keys, and/or time shifting get thrown into a 'cheaters pool' where they all battle each other during events. Indeed the users in a previous coop that did those things started complaining about the cheating in their event pools. Funny how that works.

When we started deleting the .tmp flies, I noticed during the second half of the last event that I was in a pool with user levels much higher and lower than mine. I'm normally in a pool of near same level players. I can only assume that tampering with those files flagged us as cheaters even though we hadn't. I hope this doesn't continue with the next permanent helper event.

Edit: I mis-remembered my assumption. I concluded I was in a pool of spread out user levels because I had placed top 5 in the first half of the event. They were probably other winners too.

The second half of the event had already started before we started deleting .tmp files. But, I do believe there is a cheaters pool that explains why the top 3 players started out with billions of points in Achim's example.

@426Dave_D
    I know the members very well and I know they don't have any exp to hack the game. It was hard to explain them how to open a ticket or to do a force stop for the game.
    I know that Zynga try to put all cheaters together in a group, this is a good way. But it looks like it works not all time by the right way.
    When I see it right we have two kinds of cheaters...one who find a bug and use it...some who do a hard attack to saved files.
    I think to get over 2billion points on a event is a hard attack and I think these are beginners who try to learn how to hack a game. This game is a good trainee. Later they can use the exp for WOW or something else.
    I saw this stupid experiments also for to sell 1mio quartz.
    But if Zynga set a flag for this idiots, why they are not able or willing to proof it for users who don't do this just get the flag by a fault?

I start the game at a time where the level was limited, after they open the level I saw that I have to do double exp like other who follow me.
    I open a ticket and ask why I have to do 150,000 exp points to level up and my friend need only 50,000 at the same level to level up.
    It takes a while and need a lot of mails but now my needed exp points decrease when I level up. Need only one time more to get the exp points (50,000) like all others.

Here you can see something is going wrong and it's easy to fall into a wrong group and it's hard to get out.

I hope they will find a better way to solve our issues.

Sounds like they can show up anytime/anywhere then. I hope Zynga can corral them as fast as they keep showing up.

Yeah my exp requirements kept climbing until 162k in the 90's. It's 154k now as I just hit lvl 95. Would really like to see 50k again.

@426Dave_D
    I hope the same but have also to check those who play real.

Open a ticket for your exp. Mine was also around 150k before I open the ticket. Now it decrease to actual 56k. It decrease around 8k each level update.
    I am on level 109 now, all others above 150 and starts later as me.

Zynga told me the next level points are calculate on your game. How you play and how you can solve quests and so on.
    I never heard some stupid like this.

To > @mhaki said:

Thanks for sharing the workarounds which fixed this issue, @hawk, @annajo3159, @426Dave_D and @Achim. We've informed the team about this. They are still working to fix the performance issues related to Windows and we'll keep you posted on the updates. We apologize for the inconvenience, guys.

@mhaki
    thanks for to say nothing. If you and your team read this threat you will find a lot of infos. You will find some workarounds.
    But we are NOT your beta testers. Do we have to do this job?
    And when you and your team read it, why you can't find a solution?
    Why you push out event by event without to solve the problems first?
    Stop the events for a month and solve the problems, then test the new event for a month before you roll it out.
    In the past you did this.

• karbiz03karbiz03 Registered User Posts: 34 Forum Traveller

So not being anyone technical, I'm fed up with this junk. So today I loaded my game on my iPhone, sync it up with my junk game on the laptop. iPhone plays wonderful. I deleted my game on the laptop, reset it so it deleted everything about the game on the laptop, re-installed, played to level 4, restarted and sync back to the iPhone game. Works now. How long this will last I have no idea, but was willing to lose everything to get rid of the ****

Daily player who only wants fair gamers

you tell them Achim!!! I agree with you whole heartedly. Zynga needs to do something about this issue. I almost lost my farm again trying to fix this mess. It would have been the 2nd time losing my farm because of Zynga issues. The first time I lost it was during December right after an update where my whole farm just disappeared. I had to restart from level 1 because I couldn't get any help from Zynga support to get my farm back. If it happens again, i will quit and go on to find another farming game that is not Zynga.

edited February 2018

Especially one line in Achim's post is the thought I too have for so very long and whole heartedly agree. I would've written that also in my earlier post addressing the game and Zynga overall, if only would've my comment not been so long already. In addition to a dozen other thoughts...

WE ARE NOT YOUR BETA TESTERS!

I've never signed up as such nor have a I ever downloaded a beta version of the game. Yes, yes, I know I legally have the moment I accepted the agreements by downloading the game, but this is not the way most companies do it. Why? Because it's bad for business! In addition to it leading to bugs for the players to put up with, it makes people feel as they are being exploited in order for Zynga to save money. If they don't think that far they simply think the company does a bad job. I know it is a strategy of the company and not much time is given for the programmers to finish their projects, but is it really a strategy that leads to more profits?

Is it cheaper to go back, find the bugs and correct them afterwards, really? From what I know it is not - but if it is for you, ok, fine, I understand why it is done that way IF we only look at this point and not the overall affect. BUT how about customer satisfaction, not to mention those bugs that prevent people from playing at all (not an uncommon occurrence at all). Don't these diminish the income more than proper testing would?

One would think that in freemium games customer satisfaction plays a big role, since spending is voluntary. Yes, there are other tactics used that do play a big role when it comes to creating revenue from players, but how about in the long run? Everyone's patience has a limit no matter how hooked you otherwise have managed to make them. The game in itself is simple; Those who just have started out and haven't yet gotten too deep in with the social aspect easily leave and never look back. If they've managed to play long enough (which is not that long) that the aspects that hook people up (within the core game) have lost their charm and instead turned more toward boredom, yet not haven't gotten too mangled in the social web, leave even more readily. What about word-of-mouth referrals - will unhappy customers invite and do their darndest to get their friends to play with them?

Apologies to other players for yet another long comment that is not directly relevant to you. And since English is a foreign language for me, some of it may be gibberish, apologies for that too. It is my feedback to Zynga in hopes it has any positive effect to the gaming experience for us all (and yes, for me in the end). They are long because I try not to simply whine, but to give my reasoning from a player's point of view and take into account what is good for both parties involved so that Zynga would have any reason to consider what I say and thus make improvements that in the end benefit the players.

edited February 2018

@Achim said:
    @M1P4

btw...there are two issues more in our coop. Maybe you had/have the same in your coop and maybe you find a solution.
    1. issue
    On a android system the chat is not working well. The member could open the chat but when she try to write something the game restart. Only to sent Smilies will be ok.
    2. issue

Thanks.

1. I have not heard of anyone having such issue, so I have no idea =(
    2. Cheating... Well, it is rampant. Worse is the one that you called hard attack. Plenty of programs out there for anyone to download. It seems that those offering the programs take a small fee for it, but the fee is small in comparison for what the player gets for using it. It is a business. What can we do about that - I have no idea either. It's an ongoing topic here in the forums. I don't think they group the cheaters together intentionally. Form what I've seen I'd say people are simply put in the group that yet is not full the moment they join the contest. We tested that a few times with another member by us both opening the contest at the same second. Result: We got grouped togeter. But I may as well be wrong in that. It also was long time ago, so they may have changed something. I hope they have, since it was ridiculous to compete against a coop member.

Coudn't be of much help, sorry.

@annajo3159 said:
    you tell them Achim!!! I agree with you whole heartedly. Zynga needs to do something about this issue. I almost lost my farm again trying to fix this mess. It would have been the 2nd time losing my farm because of Zynga issues. The first time I lost it was during December right after an update where my whole farm just disappeared. I had to restart from level 1 because I couldn't get any help from Zynga support to get my farm back. If it happens again, i will quit and go on to find another farming game that is not Zynga.

@annajo3159
    Normally Zynga can restore your farm when you open a ticket and let them know what's happened.
    They did it 3 times for me until now.

If you want to reinstall the game to fix some issues...best way is to install the farm first on another device or another user account on your pc.
    There you play until level 4 and connect then to your farm account (FB or Google).
    After you get the msg "you have to download new content to sycn with the cloud" you end the game and start it again. Then you will get your last version.
    If this is done and everything is ok you can deinstall the farm with the issues and install it again. Do the same steps like before to sync your farm again.
    This way allways works. Important is to have a backup on a 2nd device or user account in case of something is going wrong.
    This is an easy way without needed knowlegde of pc or system.

@karbiz03 said:
    So not being anyone technical, I'm fed up with this junk. So today I loaded my game on my iPhone, sync it up with my junk game on the laptop. iPhone plays wonderful. I deleted my game on the laptop, reset it so it deleted everything about the game on the laptop, re-installed, played to level 4, restarted and sync back to the iPhone game. Works now. How long this will last I have no idea, but was willing to lose everything to get rid of the ****

That's a good and easy way.
    My exp shows me it will work for a couple of days. Depends on the time you spend at the game.
    I have to do this every 2-3days at the moment.
    I never heard about this issue on Apple or Android systems. My farm there is working well.

@M1P4 said:

@Achim said:
    @M1P4

1. issue
    2. issue

Thanks.

1. I have not heard of anyone having such issue, so I have no idea =(
    2. Cheating... Well, it is rampant. Worse is the one that you called hard attack. Plenty of programs out there for anyone to download. It seems that those offering the programs take a small fee for it, but the fee is small in comparison for what the player gets for using it. It is a business. What can we do about that - I have no idea either. It's an ongoing topic here in the forums. I don't think they group the cheaters together intentionally. Form what I've seen I'd say people are simply put in the group that yet is not full the moment they join the contest. We tested that a few times with another member by us both opening the contest at the same second. Result: We got grouped togeter. But I may as well be wrong in that. It also was long time ago, so they may have changed something. I hope they have, since it was ridiculous to compete against a coop member.

Coudn't be of much help, sorry.

Doesn't matter and it's also not the topic of this threat.
    Cheating will be all time a problem and it will be not easy to stop it because you are able to manipulate the offline files.
    Only for those who are don't cheat there must be a way to reset the "cheating flag". This should Zynga do by a ticket.
    To put all hardcore cheaters (more then 2billion points) together in a group this will be fine.
    I send them tickets with names and a screen shoot that they could identifiy them, but there was no reaction by Zynga. :(((

This discussion has been closed.