Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Freezing Issue

shashibanjarashashibanjara Posts: 19Registered User Muffin

Ever Since The Game has updated, the screen flickers whenever i switch it on to full screen mode, The game is updated to version 9.1.1954.0.(32) and DLC version is 12-1-2018. I Play it on my windows 10 x64 computer. Any Suggestions?

Comments

• M1P4M1P4 This Space Is Available Posts: 330Registered User The One Who Knows it All

It started immediately after the game updated and has been so now for, I'm not sure, a day about. No matter if the game if windowed or full screen, offline or online. Nothing else wrong with the computer or other games, nor the internet.

• Knows WheatKnows Wheat Super Moderator Posts: 1,663Guest The Chosen One

@shashibanjara said:
    Ever Since The Game has updated, the screen flickers whenever i switch it on to full screen mode, The game is updated to version 9.1.1954.0.(32) and DLC version is 12-1-2018. I Play it on my windows 10 x64 computer. Any Suggestions?

Have you tried performing these troubleshooting steps, @shashibanjara?

@M1P4 said:
    Mine doesn't flicker, but since the update the game freezes for a fraction of a second every 5-10 seconds - very regularly and all the time. No standard troubleshooting helps and it's not my internet either. One friend who also uses win10 said she has the same issue. The freeze is not long, but long enough that I keep clicking the wrong places. Already spent keys by accident because of that too. After a while it gets too annoying to keep playing.

@M1P4 said:
    It started immediately after the game updated and has been so now for, I'm not sure, a day about. No matter if the game if windowed or full screen, offline or online. Nothing else wrong with the computer or other games, nor the internet.

I've sent you a Private Message about the freezing on your game, @M1P4. Please send me a reply when you get it. Thanks!

• stm2000stm2000 Posts: 14Registered User Pumpkin

@M1P4 said:
    Mine doesn't flicker, but since the update the game freezes for a fraction of a second every 5-10 seconds - very regularly and all the time. No standard troubleshooting helps and it's not my internet either. One friend who also uses win10 said she has the same issue. The freeze is not long, but long enough that I keep clicking the wrong places. Already spent keys by accident because of that too. After a while it gets too annoying to keep playing.

I am having the exact same issue with my Windows 10 64 bit machine ever since the last update. You can't click fast anymore because of that "freeze" because you'll end up with your mouse over the wrong thing and then the click will register.

• M1P4M1P4 This Space Is Available Posts: 330Registered User The One Who Knows it All

I replied to the private message from Knows Wheat. Maybe you should open a ticket to support via the game if you yet didn't get a similar private message here, stm2000.

• 426Dave_D426Dave_D Posts: 42Registered User Grasshopper

Add my name to the list of users with this issue... pausing every few seconds. Windows 10 64bit

• kyam999kyam999 Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

since the latest update i wasn't able to play because everytime i opened the app it would load and then crash. ANd even if the app opened i would play and it would freeze. I don't know why this is happening i tried everything i'm connected to wifi yet i still can't get into my co-op even though i'm in it. Someone plz help me!!

• Lillie24Lillie24 Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I'm .having that problem to

Well support was no help. Has anybody else solved this problem?

Not solved here yet either.

• annajo3159annajo3159 Posts: 24Registered User Delightful Duckling
    edited January 2018

I am having the same issues on my Desktop Computer with Windows 10. It is so bad, my game freezes for 30 seconds, unfreezes for 20 seconds, and then freezes again. It is so bad it is making it impossible to play. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the 3rd day this is happening and I am making no progress at all.

edited January 2018

Others have it too. More reports on the game freezing on this thread zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape/discussion/3166499/screen-flickering-issue#latest

I haven't gotten a reply from Knows Wheat yet and therefore didn't contact support the other way yet. Though one person said the support wasn't helpful, I suppose I'll give it a try soon too. Maybe they take the reports more seriously the more reports from different players they get. One can always hope.. I doubt anything will be done during the weekend in any case though.

• HalonaHalona Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Hello to all, my first post. Sorry it is going to sound a bit negative but I am so glad it is not only me having issues since an update. Last week the ground changed from snow to grass, since then, the game takes ages to load, when it finally does load it hangs for anything between 3 to 5 seconds up to 90 seconds was the worst I have had. Now I have also found that if I don't play for a few minutes - say I am making a coffee - when I come back to the game it has shut itself down. It is extremely frustrating especially when there is a time limit on collecting things. I have reported this to Zynga and was so surprised to receive an email back the same day. I have done a forced shut down, as suggested, that hasn't worked. I do hope they sort this issue, I have only recently started playing the game and don't really want to bin it yet.

Thanks for the reply, @M1P4. @426Dave_D and @stm2000, I've also sent you guys a Private Message about the freezing on your game. Please send me a reply when you get it.

• haileygr42haileygr42 Posts: 16Registered User Muffin

I'm having the same issue. Since the upgrade can barely play but was super fast prior to upgrade. Now I can't connect to facebook. So frustrating.

• JRF250JRF250 Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Flickering is driving me crazy. Just about cannot play the game. Is there no solution??

I have been having the same issues on game freezing on my windows 10 pc. I have forced closed, updated drivers, removed games that were added after the update, removed extensions, cleaned computer, etc.. i have sent 4 player support tickets since Jan 20 and have received no response from anyone. Just sent another one 10 minutes ago. It is so bad now that I cannot farm for the freezing. This was not happening til the update when the snow was taken. I missed out on 1st part of event in 7th position because it was freezing so bad i was having hard time making items i needed. I have not barely been able to feed the pig and sheep I was help raising. Can someone please help with this issue? Evidently player support doesn't care since they have not responded but they will care when I stop spending my money for their keys. PLEASE HELP

They've sent in a report to the 'Team'. Hopefully they will fix it when part II of the event starts, otherwise I won't be playing. Part I was more stressful than I care to repeat.

• mhakimhaki Super Moderator Posts: 1,352Guest Cream Corn Champion

We apologize for the inconvenience, guys. The freezing issue on Windows 10 is being investigated. We'll update this thread if we hear any news from the team. Thanks for your patience.

• austintony01austintony01 Posts: 50Registered User Building Expert

i am using an alienware laptop with windows 10. lately the game has been freezing for five to six seconds after i have clicked the mouse six times. this is becoming problematic, especially when i am trying to purchase items in the global market and when i am trying to craft items or feed my animals. i have forced closed the game and restarted but this has been going on now for about a month. i got no reply from zynga when i emailed them.

• AchimAchim Posts: 20Registered User Delightful Duckling

I have the them freezing issues on Windows 10.
    I investigate that the game use 50 up to 90% of the processor capacity. Every few seconds there will be a peak and the processor is on 100%...the game freeze. After the peak it works again.
    I can't understand why the game use this capacity.
    Please fix it.

edited January 2018

My cpu usage jumps from 2-3 % (no programs but task manager open) to about 23 % (FV & task manager running). I had occasional spikes of 5-10 %, but couldn't see them being in sync with the freezes. For now only used task manager's resource manager for a quick look, which is not the best tool to check the spikes.

If it nevertheless is a resource issue due to some changes they made in the latest update, it is quite insane. I use a laptop and not a desktop, but it's badaxx enough (Asus ROG g751jt with memory boosted to 24 GB) to run games that are huge resource hogs such as Cities Skylines with tons of mods and assets with no issues. If it can't properly run a game like FV something is seriously wrong with the game.

• GwenwynGwenwyn Posts: 11Registered User Pumpkin

Please tell me theres a fix coming for this freezing problem soon, ive lost my diamond status in fair, numerous keys through clicking on items I did NOT click on!! I cant help my coop cos it takes me so long to open anything , make anything! The game is awful and frustrating to play, soon i'll be giving up if there is no fix. Yes ive contacted support, followed ALL the instructions and got the email to say its being looked at, but this has been going on since the snow went almost 2 weeks I'm sure, feels like much longer now :(

We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the freezing on your game, @austintony01. The team has already been informed about this and they are currently working on a fix. Please visit here to get updates. Thank you.

• KooronyaKooronya Posts: 20Registered User Delightful Duckling

I too have the same problem, freezing and shutting down. After it shuts down and I restart it will sometimes reconnect to Facebook other times not. I also can;t use the Glade and Pond, I put people there and when I click to start they disappear but it still counts down. Please Zynga fix it soon there seem to be quite a few players getting very frustrated. How about stoppng th events for a bit until it's fixed

@M1P4 said:
    My cpu usage jumps from 2-3 % (no programs but task manager open) to about 23 % (FV & task manager running). I had occasional spikes of 5-10 %, but couldn't see them being in sync with the freezes. For now only used task manager's resource manager for a quick look, which is not the best tool to check the spikes.

If it nevertheless is a resource issue due to some changes they made in the latest update, it is quite insane. I use a laptop and not a desktop, but it's badaxx enough (Asus ROG g751jt with memory boosted to 24 GB) to run games that are huge resource hogs such as Cities Skylines with tons of mods and assets with no issues. If it can't properly run a game like FV something is seriously wrong with the game.

Here you will see what I mean.
    First of the graph you see the game window is not active. Then the game window will be active without doing any action there.

Yuck. That looks nasty. My cpu usage of about 23 % was when the game window was active. It was lower for me too when the game window was in the background. When it was in the background the usage was about 7 %.

Well the event is over and the game is still borked. (sigh) Guess it's time to go play something else. (:

The event is now over and since I couldn't do any better than 7th position because of all the freezing, I would really like to know if a fix is coming. If not, then it will be time for me and quite a few of my friends to move on to a new game too. I mean really, there should already been a fix done on this game. 12 days of this and no one telling us anything.

Wait for the next update. You will get it in 1 or 2 days. Then we will see if they could fix the issue.
    That the event is over will not fix the issue.