Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Windows 8.1 Updating Issue

2»

Comments

• JRGirlJRGirl Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

I really do not get why this issue happens every dang time it needs to update it takes days to appear and anyone playing on windows gets screwed out of the event. All I know is I'm getting tired of it and am about done. I've played it since the beginning and tired of Zynga not being able to fix anything properly in a timely fashion. I mean really, it's BEEN 5 DAYS. Fix the dang updating issue once and for all not jimmy-rig it every single time.

• DortheDorthe Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

Last update I have been able to get is from 03.07.2018 - the later updates are not in the windows store. Is this ever going to get fixed or should i count this as the end of the game for me playing on a windows 8.1 PC ?

I just did exactly what "September" suggested back in march, and it worked for me:

"March 16
    Hi_ @Eva5669 This is what I tried so I would not miss out on the new event: I opened store and made sure the check for updates was turned OFF, I shut my computer off waited a few minutes turned it on logged in went to store and synced licenses closed store and_ turned the check for updates back on and the store was ready to update my zynga game try that and see if if it helps... might take a couple tries good luck."

• Eva5669Eva5669 Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 55 This Space is Available
    edited August 2018

Hello

once again stuck for over 1,5 month without updates and of course no missions.

Currently
    game Level 87
    player id

Laptop, Windows 8.1

Currently running version 10.3.2563.0 (32)
    DLC version 01 July 2018 - 22:24:49

Also all numbers on screen (level, money, keys etc) are almost not visible.

Tried to update manually from store my apps, but store keeps saying "error, we have problem showing your apps, try again later"

Store settings says all apps are updated and synched. But I am stuck since July 1st.

And the override message no longer pops up.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
    Eva

• Eva5669Eva5669 Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 55 This Space is Available

tried everything there is, nothing has changed.
    Playstore mentiones 2 updates, but it does not update neither manually or auto.
    When asking for updates, it says everything is updated and synched.
    But still stuck in July 1st version and lost a bunch of missions till now.

Is Zynga looking into this or are we waisting our time playing this game?

Yep once again problems getting the latest updates.
    Latest update according to Windows Store 31.07.2018
    Current running version 10.6.2643.0 (32)
    DLC version 02.08.2018 05:38:38
    Laptop, Windows 8.1
    Manual sync. and attempt to update did not work this time.
    Any suggestions ?

• bajaviperbajaviper Registered User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon

still don't have my water plot's and when i try to visit a friends farm to fertilize it sticks my game pointer won't work a thing. I'm playing on lap top with 8.1

• CatieRoyale7236CatieRoyale7236 Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star

I'm having the same problem; except for the fact that I am using a PC / laptop that runs windows 8.1 OS. The game just won't update.

edited October 2020

Here again...
    I stopped playing for over 6 months now because the game was stuck in an oder version and did not update. I gave it a shot again but game is still stuck in edition 12.0.3397.0(32) from 19/03/19. Pls help to update / sync game.
    I really like this game and would like to start playing it again, but can not do much if my coop is up to date and I am more than 1,5 years behind
    According to the store game is updated and nothing new available.

so I solved the problem once and for all I hope...
    since Zynga is not showing interest to solve the PC Windows update issue, I downloaded an android emulator (requires at least 4 GB RAM). From there and the GooglePlay store I downloaded the game as an android app, fully upgraded and everything. Once I managed to login with my FB account, game synced my level and points, keys etc and I playing now from an android version BUT from the big screen of my laptop.

I am not a tech hack nerd but I managed to find a solution... really don't get what developers are doing for 2 years now this update issue has emerged for PC gamers.
    Really now?