Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Windows 8.1 Updating Issue

Claude_ParmentierClaude_Parmentier Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

The App in the Microsoft App store seams not to have the last game index from dec 2017.
Is Windows 8.1 still suported for FV2CE?
I'm playing with a Surface 2 Tablett with win 8.1 RT.
Thank you
Claude

Comments

• SeptemberSeptember Posts: 10Registered User Pumpkin

Hi Claude, I am also wondering if windows 8.1 is supported, I cannot get game to update

• Knows WheatKnows Wheat Super Moderator Posts: 1,663Guest The Chosen One

Hi @Claude_Parmentier and @September. To ensure that you won't miss out on the newest event in #FarmVille2CountryEscape, please follow these steps:

1. On the Start screen, tap or click "Store" to open the Windows Store.

2. a. For Windows 8:
      Once you're there, open the "Charms" bar and click on Settings.
      b. Windows 10:
      Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move
      the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.)

3. Tap or click App updates.

4. a . Windows 8, Click the Check for updates button.
      b. Windows 10, make sure "Automatically update my apps.

Thanks!

Knows Wheat, Yeah!! Thank you so much for your knowledge and getting back to me so quickly. I did as you said and that's all it took. Ty Ty September

• CristynaCristyna Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I also tried following those steps, but it still doesn't work. The update is not in the Windows Store and I waited two weeks for this update, but nothing...the last time I could update was in december. Can anyone see why Windows 8.1 PC doesn't have the update yet?

• NeumlNeuml Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Could it be that Zynga does not publish any new update to Windows Store 8.1 RT? There is still no update to download and trust me, I tried your steps to get the updates.

Neuml & Cristyna looks like I will not be participating in the newest event again because the windows store won't give me the latest update. Do you know what would happen if I reinstalled the game app? What settings could I accidently have changed on my PC to prevent me from getting updates?? HELP

• NeumlNeuml Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I already re-installed the app, reset the store itself and installed the ap again. But it unfortunately did not help. I did not get the latest Farmville version. It updates only to the one from December 2017. This means the winter screen and no new events anymore.

To check if you maybe have changed accidently in the settigs: On the Start screen, select Store to open the Store. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.)Tap or click App updates. Make sure Automatically update my apps is set to Yes. (from Microsoft site).

I still hope some time Zynga will also see the thread here and reply something.

Thanks for the info, guess I am forced to go to windows 10. emailed Zynga just want an honest answer if windows 8.1 is supported!

• mhakimhaki Super Moderator Posts: 1,352Guest Cream Corn Champion

Hi guys! We're glad to let you know that the issue with being unable to update on Windows 8.1 has been fixed! Please update to the newest game version via Marketplace or Store (Version 9.2.2039). You may also refer to this article on how to get the update. Thanks!

• Eva5669Eva5669 Social Snowflake Posts: 53Registered User This Space is Available
    edited February 2018

there is no update at windows store for pc / laptop platform using windows 8.1...

I am stuck with snow, no upgrades, no new events for 1,5 month now... nothing is working of what you are suggesting.

game Level 83

Laptop, Windows 8.1

Currently running version 8.9.1935.0 (32)
    DLC version 26 Dec 17 05:14:55

Thank you for your update, @Eva5669. We'll have this checked with the team. Stay tuned for updates.

Follow the advice Knows Wheat posted, it may take a few times but it does work, then remember to check store for app updates often!! Best of luck

• Eva5669Eva5669 Social Snowflake Posts: 53Registered User This Space is Available
    edited February 2018

Well I did receive the update and made it half through the Ocean Event.

I also got an override notification everytime I open the game (Experiment Manager Experiment Overrides Detected and Applied)

Now the new update on February 20 and the new event have not made it to me... so is this recurrent? Will we continue having update and events errors all the time?

Stuck at version 9.2.2039.0(32) / 01.02.18 - 04:35h
    game Level 83
    Laptop, Windows 8.1

Thanks for any help again...

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @Eva5669. This issue has been reported to the team and they are currently looking into it. We'll post updates here or you may check out the Hot Topics section for news. We appreciate your understanding.

edited February 2018

Ok thank you... just in case if needed
    player id 70834997054
    and the override message no longer pops up.

nothing has changed... still waiting for the update and the event... this must be some kind of bug for windows 8.1 and laptops... it's the second time since last Christmas...
    can't anyone at Zynga solve this?

any news??? last time I lost 1,5 event as I was waitng 1,5 month to receive update... hopefully it won't last that long... come on guys, make it happen!

We apologize for the inconvenience. The team is still investigating this issue, @Eva5669. We'll keep you posted once we hear any news.

Thanks a lot Mhaki... September pm me with some instructions to try out, but it did work unfortunately.

I managed to udate manualy from the store and installed the 15th February version . When I opened the game I got the message about new content which further upgraded to version 9.3.2093.0 (32) of 20/02/18 - 20:26:00h but it won't let me loggin to the game. It is stuck in the flower motion for 10 mins now.

one more thing... the override message disappeard... I got the Chinese event, but it won't let me login to the network... the sunflower keeps turning and turning and I am stuck at that point now... :(

Thank you for keeping us updated, @Eva5669. Please try performing these troubleshooting steps that may help with your connection. Let us know how it went.

• FengHuangFengHuang Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Not for the first time, I can't get the latest updates from the Windows store (Windows 8.1)...looks like this issue is still ongoing.

(I have restarted the game multiple times and tried forcing an update through the Windows store)

I got the Chinese new year event, but missed a couple before that and the one that has recently started.

Current version 9.3.2093.0.

• beciakbeciak Posts: 32Registered User Forum Traveller

@FengHuang said:
    Not for the first time, I can't get the latest updates from the Windows store (Windows 8.1)...looks like this issue is still ongoing.

(I have restarted the game multiple times and tried forcing an update through the Windows store)

I got the Chinese new year event, but missed a couple before that and the one that has recently started.

Current version 9.3.2093.0.

Same thing for me. Yet again there's no update in Windows store.

Happening again, stuck at last update on 20/02/18, no new update, nothing in the store and no new event...
    So whatever bug this is, it is still going on strong...

Hi @Eva5669 This is what I tried so I would not miss out on the new event: I opened store and made sure the check for updates was turned OFF, I shut my computer off waited a few minutes turned it on logged in went to store and synced licenses closed store and turned the check for updates back on and the store was ready to update my zynga game try that and see if if it helps... might take a couple tries good luck.

• KristyKristy Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Is there a problem with the new event update for Windows 8.1? I have nothing for an update. It's frustrating. I've uninstalled and installed several times and still nothing, except that it shows the new event icon but when it installs the its the old event icon. And I keep getting the message "In order to sync your game to the cloud, you need to download the latest game." but nothing there to update

• roxyernyroxyerny Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I have a problem and she's not the first time. Every time when a new version is available my game not update. I uninstalled and reinstalled by selecting the new version, but after downloading I found that the old version appeared. I have Windows 8.1

• deddydeddy Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

no upgrade yet in Windows 8, it's still 10.3.2563.0 Version.. no new version 10.4.2618 available.. did Zynga stop support for Windows 8?