Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Duck feathers

Amy Logsdon-UpdegraffAmy Logsdon-Updegraff GrasshopperPosts: 322Registered User The One Who Knows it All
Please double the output of feathers from mill & have mariner give feathers as well. Too hard to make his orders when we only get 1 feather in 4 hours time. 12 quilts requires 24 feathers at 4 hrs per each feather is 6 days...or something like that...those of us not in a co-op just need a bit of help to fill his ridiculous quantities. Either that or cut mariners quantities in half. Thanks!!

Comments

• boscomy1boscomy1 Posts: 9Registered User Loose Cannon

Easier to join a co-op and get them. Without a co-op, it's near impossible. also you can purchase stuff in the prize tent to cut the time down on mill.

• Low Tze SheanLow Tze Shean Clueless Cookie Posts: 140Registered User Saint Spontaneous

I must say Duck Feather is the most useless item in the game.

It only has 1 purpose. When the game wants to slow us down and when.

I don't think it will ever be dropped from Marine, else nobody will visit the Mill anymore...

• Joy GarnerJoy Garner Loose Cannon Posts: 7Registered User Loose Cannon

The best, most helpful thing that can be added to/changed for FV2CE is to FIX the current DAILY glitchessuch as entire frozen farm; from water to foraging areas that we players are plagued with b4 getting all huffed up about new Events. I play on 2 platforms, Android & Win8.1, no Win10 here. To tout urself as the Most Popular, u might want to re-think ur slogan & change it to "The Most Likely to Not Work Properly-Game", or something more accurate. Also a link somewhere on the website of FB page for a authentic update for Win8.1 would be Wonderful; I have requested such a thing 5 times from your Support Team, they have never even addressed nor mentioned this in a reply to me. This is almost getting to the point of hardly worth the effort!!

• Sonic98Sonic98 Posts: 28Registered User Clueless Cookie

I have to say it's completely ridiculous. You upgrade the Mill just to get more lemons and eggs. I can get that by just buying more trees, getting geese, and buying a pin. You get 1 feather and 1 cedar, and you have no other way of getting them. I went to the mill back to back to back one day, and the minute I made a couple times, all my cedar and feathers were gone. This is ridiculous. Then I was checking the FV2CE wiki. The Mill is the one place where no farm hands help you at all. That's just crazy. Adding the ducks should give you more feathers or something.

• Low Tze SheanLow Tze Shean Clueless Cookie Posts: 140Registered User Saint Spontaneous

I have a feeling the design team only likes cats and dogs...

• Sonic98Sonic98 Posts: 28Registered User Clueless Cookie
    I'm at the point where I avoid mill-based items now
  • heathercahn61heathercahn61 Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    Mallard Mill definitely needs farm hands for extra items, especially feathers. The Red setter gets 3 quartz, Siamese cat gets 2 tin, hound dog gets 2 trout or 2 blackberries, yellow tabby gets 2 chives, but NO farm hand gets anything extra at the mill. Ridiculous!
  • paulaspaulas Posts: 110Registered User Cloudylicious

Fishing cat gets 2 feathers and wonder the whippet gets 2 cedar at the mill.

• Coolcruiser49Coolcruiser49 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 64Registered User Captain Obvious

That’s right Paulas! I use those two everytime I work the mill.

• Pavani779Pavani779 Posts: 17Registered User Muffin

@paulas said:
    Fishing cat gets 2 feathers and wonder the whippet gets 2 cedar at the mill.

Fishing cat and whippet won from event..?

• paulaspaulas Posts: 110Registered User Cloudylicious

@Pavani779 yes they were both won on leaderboards.

• KperedoKperedo Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    Where can I find "fishing cat" or "wonder whippet"? I have several cats and dogs but none with those names.
  • JenkeyJenkey Forum Traveller Posts: 1,083Registered User Pet Queen
    @Kperedo those animals they are taking about were won in leaderboard, winning the upgrade version
  • havelock_vetinarihavelock_vetinari This Space Is Available Posts: 59Registered User This Space is Available

Feathers are a real problem when the only way to get even two at a time is to get the "correct" leaderboard animal.

First, one has to be willing to play the leaderboard, knowing that it is often a futile measure.

Second, once one takes the dive and sacrifices any sense of time or sanity, one has to be lucky enough to not get a group that has keyhackers, other cheaters, or people who spend keys like water (read: also cheaters) to actually finish in the top five. And then do so, twice, in the same event.

And third, if one manages to actually pull this off, then one has to hope that you won the right animal that actually gives you the bonus you want, and not one that you don't care about or already have. (Because you have no idea what, if any, special properties the leaderboard animal will have until and unless you win it, and even then there's no guarantee that the animal will keep those properties indefinitely.)

Which means generally people are stuck one stupid duck feather at a time.

• DebbieUnwin1979DebbieUnwin1979 Posts: 50Registered User This Space is Available

Nice to know you guys listen. Two leaderboard animals in row give 2 feathers giving more people a chance to win the animals and you now tell us what the upgraded animal gives ahead of time so that if we don't need it we don't have to compete if we don't want to. Thanks

• ExtramExtram Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 5Registered User Loose Cannon

Using Phantom Cat at the mill will get you two duck feathers, guaranteed!

• NightcrawlerNightcrawler Posts: 6Registered User Loose Cannon
    The thing in the coop, most of them never help. I never been helped of even if I asked once. I reached my level (nearing 40) without the help of anyone. I had changed co op 3x but it is the same. I feel bad about it but well this is a game. For a lot of admins in this modern FV, it is take your own risk atittude when you joined into their co op. They are not welcoming. It's like be quiet otherwise you will be kick out. I just wish admins will be happy to have a regular, helpful and active player members.
  • YtelYtel Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

@Amy Logsdon-Updegraff said:
    Please double the output of feathers from mill & have mariner give feathers as well. Too hard to make his orders when we only get 1 feather in 4 hours time. 12 quilts requires 24 feathers at 4 hrs per each feather is 6 days...or something like that...those of us not in a co-op just need a bit of help to fill his ridiculous quantities. Either that or cut mariners quantities in half. Thanks!!

I’ve played the mallard mill several times and before I click it shows the feathers I might get but once I start adding the helpers it disappears and eggs or lemon show up. I’ve got a task of 12 quilts which is 24 feathers! I’ve been unable to get them and requesting help from co-op is useless, either up the output of feathers or lower the number of items needed!

• khaykhay Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Deberían poner un pájaro tipo loro de jornalero para que diera plumas extras. Y si ponen como premio de evento un loro ya sería lo más. Así varían un poco los jornaleros, ya que siempre son gatos y perros