Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

In order to sync the game to the cloud you need to download the latest game content.

Sara ShepherdSara Shepherd Loose CannonRegistered User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon
edited December 2015 in Ask a Question
When I get that message, sometimes I have an in-game pop-up saying that 'there's new game content, would you like to download it?' Restart your game, and hopefully you'll get that pop-up.

Comments

• stacyringsstacyrings Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 6
    edited July 2015
    I don't think you can play the game on a pc, only tablet or phone.
  • Melinda CobbMelinda Cobb The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 91 Chocolatier
    edited July 2015
    More than likely it's like Irraya said and reload or just give it a few minutes. You can also double check that it's up to date by going to Store>Settings>App Updates>Check for Updates
  • ArtsygoldfishArtsygoldfish Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited July 2015
    I get the same thing where it says I need to update my game and it's already updated to the latest content on my iPad but it still won't connect me
  • Lms0126Lms0126 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited July 2015
    Have been playing on both my IPhone and IPad. iPad needed to be reset as NEW, and when I downloaded FarmVille 2 again, it's starting from the beginning again. How do I get MY game back? Thx for Helping! I've already deleted the app and tried again, with the same results.
  • Kathleen Byron JohnsonKathleen Byron Johnson Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2015
    I am having the same message and the window doesn't pop up to ask if I want the game from the cloud or my tablet. It is also having a hard time connecting to facebook. Very frustrated.
  • ChazmChazm Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 12
    edited August 2015
    I'm having the same problem, it's not updating or connecting to the cloud. I've read on another thread that you have to upgrade to windows 10 for it to work. Don't know if that's true or not though.
  • tammie570tammie570 The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 90 Chocolatier
    edited August 2015
    I've never used windows 8, so I don't know how to address that question. I am playing on Windows 10 - and Country Escape plays beautifully. I also play on an android tablet and an Iphone. I have a terrible time synching the tablet when I haven't used it for a while and there has been new content added that doesn't show up as an update in the google play store. What I have to do is a complete reinstall. Yes, you start over at level 1. You have to play to level 4 or 5 until the setting options are available (the gear at the top right corner) and connect to facebook. HOPEFULLY you will get the message that it needs to download new content and will actually close out and get it itself. If it doesn't, you're going to have to close down and keep trying. The easiest way is if you are playing on more than one device. If you are, open your current farm on the device you are having no problems with. Keep the farm open on the device you are trying to update. Start playing your good farm. Requesting a helping hand has forced the game to shut down and update on the non cooperating device. When it restarts, you're golden. I had to do this again last night on my tablet. Took a bit longer because I wasn't able to request a hh at the time. I was chatting, working on the farm. The message kept popping up asking which game, on this device or the cloud. Use on this device (you don't want to lose anything). Once the game is updated on the other device, choose cloud (on the other device, not your good farm). If, for some reason the one in the cloud is the stupid low level one you've been trying to synch, pick on this device then close out. Play the other device for a while so it gets saved to the cloud. When you open the farm on the recently installed device, be sure to select in the cloud. I'm still trying to figure out how often the game gets saved to the cloud, I have no idea.

I know this is rambling, I hope I haven't confused things. Just letting you know what I have to do to get the tablet up and running. As I said, the ONLY time I have this problem is when zynga does a content update that isn't available through the app store. If you need clarification, I'll be glad to try to help.
  • MeantermelthebarbMeantermelthebarb Muffin Facebook Connect User Posts: 8 Muffin
    edited August 2015
    you absolutely can play on a windows 8 or 10 pc. I have played this game that way for several months now.
  • Witch-QueenWitch-Queen Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 9
    edited August 2015
    i'm having no problems at all playing on a windows 10 laptop
    it's my windows 8.1 tablet that won't update from v 3.4
  • MeantermelthebarbMeantermelthebarb Muffin Facebook Connect User Posts: 8 Muffin
    edited August 2015
    After several emails back and forth with Zynga the upshot is this. They don't support windows for PC's, despite the fact the software is the same for the 'devices' they keep telling me to use. They refuse to help, they clearly care nothing at all for their PC using paying customers, and basically I was told to go away. I bought a bottomless well for 300 keys yesterday, a fairly significant purchase for me, and today, I quit, more or less until I can find the money for a tablet. I looked into getting my Windows 10 upgrade, and have been told I still need to wait for it. So basically Zynga are throwing another paying customer away because they can't support their own games correctly. Why make it playable on windows at all, if they aren't going to support it.
    edited August 2015
    It may not be optimized (whatever that means) but it plays perfectly in windows 10 (pc) and I've been playing it with bluestacks in windows 7 for a long time. Once bluestacks was "optimized" country escape ran well. At any rate, I saw on another thread here that windows 8 is no longer supported and the person was told they had to download windows 10 to get the update. Just passing on what I read. I've never used windows 8, so I have no personal experience with the issue.
  • Elackya EcElackya Ec Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 29 Clueless Cookie
    edited August 2015
    [email protected] having exact same problem and I'm also a windows 8 player. I've uninstalled the game, rebooted pc and reinstalled the game 3times. To no avil. I've also noticed its having a hard time connecting to facebook and when it tells me about downloading new content and I click the 'alright' button, nothing happens.

EDIT: sent a ticket to zynga over this. Got this reply

Howdy Farmer R*****

Farm guide Czarina here for your concern on accessing the game in your computer. It will be my pleasure to shed some light on this.

R*****, thanks for your continued support to the game. I would like to inform you that Farmville 2: Country Escape is a mobile game and while you can download it in your Windows desktop/laptop, it's not optimized in this platform.

I suggest that you continue your game using a Windows, Android or iOS mobile devices.

It was my pleasure to assist you.

Not exactly helpful as i don't have access to devices.

If this is the case , I was able to play without any problem till the previous honeymooon event update on my windows 8.1 laptop. Its easy to play on big screen than on a mobile..zynga must fix this ASAP..
    edited August 2015
    I haven't had my windows 10 update yet, and need to wait till I get it. In mean time I'll be saving for a tablet i guess. I've put enough money in the game for me to find a way to play it.
    tammie570 wrote: »
    It may not be optimized (whatever that means) but it plays perfectly in windows 10 (pc) and I've been playing it with bluestacks in windows 7 for a long time. Once bluestacks was "optimized" country escape ran well. At any rate, I saw on another thread here that windows 8 is no longer supported and the person was told they had to download windows 10 to get the update. Just passing on what I read. I've never used windows 8, so I have no personal experience with the issue.
  • Elackya EcElackya Ec Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 29 Clueless Cookie
    edited August 2015
    I haven't had my windows 10 update yet, and need to wait till I get it. In mean time I'll be saving for a tablet i guess. I've put enough money in the game for me to find a way to play it.

Windows 8.1 users are affected :( it's too bad and must be fixed ASAP
    edited August 2015
    You can download the windows 10 upgrade without waiting for your reservation. I found the link through an article I was reading, but just google windows 10 upgrade. Make sure you use the legit Microsoft website. You can have it upgrade your computer immediately, or you can download to a USB so you can install on multiple devices, or download ISO to burn to a dvd. I did the immediate upgrade, then went back and put it on a usb just in case I need to reinstall. I love playing country escape through windows rather than bluestacks. Bluestacks worked well, but had its problems. The ONLY problem I have with playing in windows 10 is I have to manually log in to facebook everytime I close out the game and go back in. Fix to that? Just minimize! lol
  • RebeccaSueRebeccaSue Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2015
    I found this solution and it worked for me. I hope it helps you too.
    You can update your game by updating the app in the windows 8 store.
    Here's how:
    To make sure your apps get updated automatically, follow these steps:
    On the Start screen, tap or click Store to open the Windows Store.
    Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings. ...
    Tap or click App updates.
    Make sure Automatically update my apps is set to Yes.
  • PylotPylot Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 2015
    a new update was released for the Christmas themed event, I now can't play on my windows 10 pc due to having the "In order to sync the game to the cloud you need to download the latest game content" problem. this is a problem as it does not give me an option in game to update the game for some bizarre reason.
  • Moongoddess34262Moongoddess34262 Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 3
    edited December 2015
    It might be worth pointing out to Zynga that a Windows mobile device uses the same operating system as a laptop or PC. Therefore the excuse that it's not optimized for a laptop or PC isn't good enough. The Windows store does not differentiate between a laptop, PC or mobile device. It is purely based on the operating system. The same is true for Android whether it's a phone or tablet.
  • PylotPylot Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 2015
    It might be worth pointing out to Zynga that a Windows mobile device uses the same operating system as a laptop or PC. Therefore the excuse that it's not optimized for a laptop or PC isn't good enough. The Windows store does not differentiate between a laptop, PC or mobile device. It is purely based on the operating system. The same is true for Android whether it's a phone or tablet.

I agree 100%
  • qwerty01qwerty01 Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 65 Captain Obvious
    edited December 2015
    I play FV country escape on Windows 10 and iPad. If I wish an immediate sync I do the following:
    Open the most advanced game on your device (as I understand that's W10)
    Wait until it has completely finished opening
    Now open the game on the other device with the game still open in W10
    You get the question which one of the games you want to use
    Choose the advanced one

I do that back and forth. When I've played on W10 I open the game on iPad before closing the game in W10, and the other way round.
    It is somewhat of a half solution, but it works for me.
    Best would be of course if Zynga fixed the syncing thingy.
  • Mohammed Faisal SiddiquiMohammed Faisal Siddiqui Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2015
    The Sync from my Android Phone and Windows 10 was working absolutely fine till yesterday, then this morning Winter Challenge started which updated on my phone but Windows 10 is not updating the content and it is showing the "new contents to be downloaded to sync" but it is not downloading any new content and I m stuck. I have reinstalled on PC so, my PC version is again level 1 which is not synchronising with the phone. The shame is Zynga do not have any reply for this glich and they are not bother to resolve it.. I saw this post is trending back from 2009, that means 6 years and Zynga don't have a solution yet.
    edited December 2015
    The Sync from my Android Phone and Windows 10 was working absolutely fine till yesterday, then this morning Winter Challenge started which updated on my phone but Windows 10 is not updating the content and it is showing the "new contents to be downloaded to sync" but it is not downloading any new content and I m stuck. I have reinstalled on PC so, my PC version is again level 1 which is not synchronising with the phone. The shame is Zynga do not have any reply for this glich and they are not bother to resolve it.. I saw this post is trending back from 2009, that means 6 years and Zynga don't have a solution yet.

is there a user on this forum that is or that has direct contact with a farmville 2 representative?
  • dadzkiedadzkie Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    Phone just been gone to factory reset and when I tried to 're install the game, it went back to level one now, I followed what they said to finish the tutorial and went to in game setting to reconnect to my previous account but it didn't works,,there's a pop up message ,,in order to sync to cloud I have to download new game content(?)..But where is it,? ?where to get that new content?
    Help!!
  • mhakimhaki Super Moderator Guest Posts: 1,352 Cream Corn Champion

Hi guys! You can follow these steps to help you with the error message you're receiving:

1. Make sure that your device is connected through WiFi, 3G, 4G or LTE.
    2. Date and time in your device must be correct.
    3. Check this link to download the latest game version of the app.
    4. Play until you reach level 11 to be able to see the pop-up message "Choose your Saved Game!" and choose the progress that you've had.
    5. You can also follow these additional troubleshooting steps for Facebook (iOS or Android) connect concerns.

Thanks!

• erinerin23erinerin23 Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    I was not able to download the latest content and seemed to lost my level 59 account. Please helppppp meeeee or else I wont play this game anymore!!! Huhu Im crying now..
  • KimlberryKimlberry Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    Please fix, new game content
This discussion has been closed.