Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oil Rig Scammers

FlowerfirstFlowerfirst Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
Horrified to read post of players who have been targeted by these scammers. I was targeted in July. Totally unsuspecting. Widowed man who works on an oil rig in the gulf. 28 year old daughter in med school in Italy. Very poor grammar though he said he was born and raised in an English speaking country. Chatted and texted for 3 weeks until he asked me to loan him money. That’s when I knew it was a scam. Thankfully he did not succeed but I’m concerned that he will continue this scam with other unsuspecting women. He used the name Payne Parker from Guntersville, AL. Said he was born in Belize. Last week I was invited by another guy claiming to be a doctor. I promptly blocked him. Sad that the game I love is being hijacked by these criminals.

Comments

• AnotheroneAnotherone Posts: 31Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller
  • AnotheroneAnotherone Posts: 31Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller
  • nancy935nancy935 Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I just had this experience for the 1st time. He goes by the name Anthony M Adelbert MA...I blocked him this morning. Said he worked on a rig in Corryvrecken Scotland. His supposed picture is listed but then he invited me to Viber to send pics & talk on the phone. He calls himself Tony. He has an accent & said his wife died due to drug abuse & he had already divorced her due to her drug dealing. He has a 14 year old son being taken care by a nanny in his L.A. home. He talked to me over a month & finally last night he tried to scam for $1000. Wow...feeling so relieved that as much as I fell into crush with this scammer & always held that he was fake. What can I say...he was very romantic; I enjoyed his poetry but OMG...I never imagined he would ask me for money! We chatted for over a month!
  • nancy935nancy935 Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Here's a picture that Anthony M Adelbert MA aka Tony posted on WWF
    So glad you didn't fall for it!
  • vickibrovickibro Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    My oil rig scammers are Shawn Howard, Jack River, and Mike Caan. Please do not fall for these guys. They are smooth talkers until they ask you for that I-tunes gift card. Do not buy one. They are not who they say they are. I’m posting this in hopes another woman is not scammed. I was falling for this one guy, but he is #2 who asked for the I-tunes gift card and that is when I got suspicious and looked up the scam on Google. Boy, was I surprised. Get the Image Search app (it is blue with a white eye glass) and you will see whether those pictures they send you are real or not.
  • farimonalafarimonala Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Yesterday I told one I was a rodeo clown from Idaho. He kept going. Told me he was from Norway. Had two from Norway in the last week by the way. He said he currently lives in Chincoteague Virginia. I asked him if that’s where the ponies were and he flat out said “nope”. Told him if he was going to lie he needed to do a better job researching. He asked me what I meant by that. Relentless.
    I am worried about naive lonely ladies and these men. It’s impossible for Zynga to monitor and prequalify people. Just like catfishing on Facebook. If you don’t look out for yourself, no one will.
  • VyerachkaVyerachka Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

For anyone using Google image search or TinEye reverse image lookup to check on profile pictures, these creeps have started to edit "their" profile pictures so the dimensions are different and they won't match anything in an image search. In order to overcome this, screenshot the image and, using any image editing software, manipulate it again so that the image resembles the actual dimensions of a human face, then do your image search with that. I've had two recently. One ("Mark moore" from "Mexico") was using a squeezed picture of Burak Hakki, a Turkish actor (which I easily found after expanding the image back to normal -- see below: first image is the screen capture, second image is my expansion of it, third image is the picture of the actor from a Turkish website). I haven't tracked down the other ****'s picture yet.

Also, if you just ignore them and don't engage (don't reply to chats, just play the game) eventually they give up and go away.

These people are absolutely shameless!!!

https://www.sabah.com.tr/magazin/2018/04/07/bahar-geldi-burak-hakki-agaclari-budadi?paging=8

• ldwesq2006ldwesq2006 Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

These people are so bad that sooner or later I wouldn’t be surprised if I received a request from someone using my own pic. They’re absurd and annoying.

• cheryl93cheryl93 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Playing with one right now. Told him he is full of ****. Waiting for him to end the game, lol. Going by chrisjan Matthew, williamsmatt 2121

• wwegekers877wwegekers877 Posts: 1,193Registered User, Facebook Connect User Assassin

i laugh these ppl falling scammers!

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,588Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Chosen One

I find nothing funny about people being victimized by swindlers.

• happy2311happy2311 Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    > @Vyerachka said:
    > I've started proactively sending the following message to guys with brand new profiles and the typical demographic (40-50-ish, handsome) who request games with me out of the blue (the most recent one, "Mark Moore" from "Mexico" is using a picture of Burak Hakki, a Turkish actor, as his profile picture)...
    >
    > Due to the sheer number of fraudulent players (fakes, creeps, and scammers) on WWF, I make this disclaimer to any player who is unknown to me and who wants to start a game with me (particularly if it's a guy with a brand new and obviously fake and dishonest profile). If you are a legitimate player, my apologies—the overwhelming prevalence of online creepers has forced me to be proactive in order to avoid being massively annoyed...
    >
    > Before you start anything: I have a boyfriend. I am not lonely or desperate, or needy, or stupid, or naive. I am only on here to play the game. I will not chat with you. I will not answer your questions or give you any personal information about myself. I will not meet you on Google Hangouts, or Whatsapp, or Facebook, or whatever else you might be inclined to suggest. I will not give you my email address or cell phone number. I will not send you any money or anything else of value.
    >
    > If you try to play any mindgames with me (like telling me that you're working on an oil rig, or with a UN peacekeeping mission, or as a doctor in Syria, or whatever, and that you're a widower and your wife died in childbirth, and you have a child or children living with a relative or nanny or whatever, and you need money to get your child a gift, or a phone card, or to fix your tools, or buy tools because yours were stolen, or to get your equipment out of some kind of confiscation, or whatever other bullshit fantasy you may try to create in order to get me to feel sorry for you and send you money or an iTunes gift card or anything else of value) don't even bother. At the first indication of such behavior, I will report and block your **** so fast it'll make your head spin.
    >
    > If you legitimately want to play a game, fine, let's play. If you have some ulterior motive for requesting this game, resign it now, go the **** away, and leave me the **** alone. Trust me—all you will get from me in that case is some harsh words, a report, and a block. Do us both a favor and don't waste my time.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Since I've been using the above message, I've not received any chats from these types of players (although I imagine at some point some of them will get abusive -- whatever, sticks and stones, etc.). Most of the scammer types either play silently, or they disappear (stop playing or get their accounts deleted). I actually had one who apologized and said "we do it to survive" -- I told him "I don't care, just leave me out of it." He played half a game, then his account was disabled.
    >
    > If you want to copy and use the above, please feel free! =)
  • happy2311happy2311 Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    5 of these today alone, I have adopted a message in the context of a previous poster (thank you btw) every single one has blocked me immediately! It’s getting pretty **** boring at this stage!
  • nfl1954nfl1954 Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I took Josh Thomas photo on WWF and did a google face recognition and found out the picture belongs to a Tommy Bills https://www.instagram.com/tommy.l.bills/?hl=en He was so sweet and nice until I asked if he was a scammer then he got mad and angry.
    **Here is how to do it:
    To do image recognition search on Google, you have first to go to the Google image search page. There you can see a little “camera” icon. Click on that and then upload a picture that you would like to search. Once you upload the picture, it will show you the result based on your picture.

• wwegekers877wwegekers877 Posts: 1,193Registered User, Facebook Connect User Assassin

when will people learn just hit the block?

• georgina322georgina322 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    My oil rig guy is harry heitman. He calls me his wife. He has a seven year old daughter who texts me as well. He eventually asked me for itunescard but wouldnt accept USA one. Wanted UK one. I didn't send any. He is such a charmer. He accused me of keeping him apart from his daughter. On his profile it says 'disabled' and a number. What does this mean? Does it mean WWF has disabled him?
  • vancouveruservancouveruser Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I have been approached by stalking men. Same as others. Profile: Starts out as just friendly texts, quickly turns to saying he is widower with a child, looking for love. Working ss oil and gas engineer or contractor. He has been praying for love and meeting me is divinely arranged by God in answer to his prayers. Quickly professed love, undying love, that he would do anything I want to he given a chance, tbe anything I want him to be, that he knows he is completely in love with me. I scoffed at this, annoyed, so unreal and he became ardently obsessed and begged for a chance, he is so lonely living in (take your choice Florida, California, New Jersey, etc) and I said odd that a whole state has no women. Evidently all the women there are unsuitable or as one put it 'they are not women'. Spotty English with morning inspirational quotes and loving messages. I checked the content and all is cut and paste from online sources. When I refused to go along with chatting and not just playing there was anger at how could I be so mean. He is just a human and a man. Wow my standards should be so low. I told each to find a nice Christian woman in their own state. There is no chance with me. I was asked to chat on Hangouts, by phone, email. No to all requests and goodbye. Be careful. I wasn't asked for any money as others were, yet these men are persistent. It is necessary to be mean to get rid of them.
  • LVG626LVG626 Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Please beware!!! These scammers are not who they say they are! They are from Nigeria and most are young men! They make up names and try to get money from you. They steal profiles and pictures to portray someone else. It’s crazy what they will do for amazon cards or money!! I suggest they make the chat tool option on/off! For now Just ignore them! They go away.

@LVG626 so whebn people start looking at people records should tell you something right?

> @LVG626 said:
    > Please beware!!! These scammers are not who they say they are! They are from Nigeria and most are young men! They make up names and try to get money from you. They steal profiles and pictures to portray someone else. It’s crazy what they will do for amazon cards or money!! I suggest they make the chat tool option on/off! For now Just ignore them! They go away.

You can turn off the chat option. Play safe!
    You can turn off the chat option. Be safe!
  • msgirldevamsgirldeva Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I was approached by a scammer by the name of Scott Williams and oil rig engineer. He asked me if I would loan him money to pay his phone bill. What tipped me off was he wanted me to put money on iTunes card and give him the number. I reported him to wwf and requested that he be blocked from the game.
  • ZwurghZwurgh Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Watch out foe [email protected]
    Oilrig engineer Irish Sea, divorced with one son lives with nanny
  • indywendy2indywendy2 Posts: 7Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Watch out for: Tr9612189, Jd082242, Jan brooks, George williams, Gabriel C. They all have a similar story (divorced, widowed, oil rig, broken English, "my dear") Do they think we're stupid? I am toying with them all!
  • AnushkalilyAnushkalily Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Veryachka, you are my heroine!

• tonkstonks Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Rudy Maxi is my latest. Posted 3 times; never played another word past the first word.

people on here to stupid look the person record!