Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very strange bug in Solo Challenge

bubbagrubbubbagrub Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

My next game in the Solo Challenge is unplayable, in a very weird way:

• It says "Arete of Cyrene is available now!". I click on that, and it takes me to the list of opponents as usual. If I click on "PLAY" next to Arete, the button does nothing.
  • If I play a move in one of my normal games, and then click "Next", it takes me into a game in which it shows Arete's face, but says "Confucius" as the opponent's name. It's actually a game I played weeks ago and wasn't finished for some reason. It shows the spinner to indicate that Arete / Confucius is thinking forever, and I can't play any moves, or resign the game or do anything else. I can shuffle letters, but can't drag any of them onto the board.

This is on Android, Words with Friends 2.

Thanks!

Comments

• Rhodium59Rhodium59 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I've got a similar problem; just beaten Aristotle but it won't let me go to the next level; states continue on Aristotle or "your move" when I've already won and then spends endless time thinking. Can't resign or reset, have closed and opened the app but this makes no difference.