Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I love collecting new color tiles....does anyone have a complete list of tile styles

itsmebetsyitsmebetsy Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User New to the Forums
Seems like everytime you get one a new one gets added

Answers

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,568Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Chosen One
    edited October 2018

@itsmebetsy I have not seen a list posted anywhere but I can tell you of ones I have seen that are not on your list. It seems like there is no particular order they are added.

Here are yours: lilac purple, purple argyle, green polka dots, green grass, hay bale yellow, teal argyle, blue polka dots, green argyle, plum purple.

Additionally I have or have seen: pumpkin orange, pink ribbon, autumn red, sky blue, green geometry, rosy polka dots, blue geometry, purple polka dots, orange geometry, pink argyle, cantaloupe argyle, violet geometry

• Tobler3494Tobler3494 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I hope I am not repeating this question - I searched for questions before posting. My understanding is that you can collect color tiles by earning enough points through the game and if you ‘heart’ a color you really want you will earn points faster for that color. Am I right? My question is: why am I seeing color tiles for games played by people who have just started playing Words? I’ve read that the color choices appear to be random with other players, I get that, but shouldn’t the same point system be in effect for all players? Just curious.

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,568Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Chosen One

@Tobler3494 If I remember correctly, when the Tile Styles first started they game everyone one like a sample and very close to finishing the second one. Perhaps they still do that for people who are just joining?

• wwegekers877wwegekers877 Posts: 946Registered User, Facebook Connect User On Fire

n case there really is no other place, I'll go ahead and list the tile styles I've got in my inventory so far. I have the impression from a couple other people's screenshots that the initial 4 starter colors are randomized. I get my hearted color about 2/3 of the time, but have not kept actual notes on the odds.

Sky Blue (98 starting pieces)

Lilac Purple (70 starting)

Gold Polka Dots (70 starting)

Green Geometry (20 or 30 starting)

Violet Geometry

Autumn Red

Pumpkin Orange

Teal Argyle

Pink Argyle

Cantaloupe Argyle

The Mystery Boxes start with Blue, Green, Purple. I believe Pink is next up, and I think there's a Wood, as well as Bronze, Silver, Gold, and possibly Brass? Not being able to get words on all of these is one of the reasons it's hard for me to remember what each is likely to contain.

I suppose one reason people might not mess around with Mystery Box content ranges is because we don't have particularly good control about getting them, so you just get as much as you can. But if trying to decide if I should spend a few gold to win one more solo game, understanding what's in Pink vs Brass could be really helpful.

And the inability to control the contents has never stopped nerds from documenting them befor.Live editing comment where I will throw colors I spot in other screenshots, grouped by pattern or theme:

Argyle: Green, Purple, Teal, Pink, Cantaloupe

Polka Dots: Green, Blue, Purple, Gold, Rosy

Geometry: Orange, Green, Blue, Violet

Generic Nature: Grass Green, Sky Blue, Plum Purple, Lilac Purple

Autumn Theme: Autumn Red, Pumpkin Orange, Hay Bale Yellow, (maybe Plum is from this set?)

Cancer Theme: Pink Ribbon

Premium (purchase): Fall Leaves