Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valid and not valid words

Frustrated37Frustrated37 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User New to the Forums

Why is Indian not a valid word but redskin is and is defined as an American Indian? Also, Italian, Irish, African, Eskimo, Negro, etc are not valid but French, German and Swiss are valid. Some abbreviations valid like att, eta but not ibm, rca, etc. Very frustrating.

Comments

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,264Registered User, Facebook Connect User Genius Genie

@Frustrated37 First of all please understand I'm not defending the ridiculous dictionary they use in this game however I can explain a few of the examples you brought up. It comes down to the fact that if a word is never used other than as a proper noun, it is not allowed. So "redskin" is also used for "redskin potatoes". Similarly "french fries" is not capitalized; "german" is an adjective meaning a person with the same mother and father; and "swiss" is a type of fabric. As far as the abbreviations go, "att" is also money somewhere. That said, I have often criticized many of the words added last year that are ONLY used as abbreviations such as "TFW" and "BFF".