Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stars in Solo challenge

nanetnanet Posts: 14Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin
I completed the School Staff SC but I didn’t get the badge. Is it because I only got 23 out of a possible 30 stars? What is the purpose of these stars anyway.

Best Answer

Answers

• JLSchuttJLSchutt Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I haven't played the whole set of ten games yet, but I am also curious about the stars. I beat the first player in the easy game by a really large margin but got only two of three stars. It's also possible in this game to replay someone you beat rather than just moving on to the next opponent. I'm guessing that this allows you to win by more than you did the previous time and perhaps get more stars?

• nanetnanet Posts: 14Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin
    @linkshighlights thanks! I will do as you advise and open a ticket with support.
    @JLSchutt I did replay someone I beat but it did not increase the stars that I already have.
  • wntchllngswntchllngs Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I got a response on how the number of stars is determined:
    To reach your Mastery level, you have to earn scores that is higher than the Word Master in every word your played on the board; in this way, there's a big chance for you to fill the bar meter fast. The bar meter also moves a bit even you're not getting a high score.

Here's the article link for some tips and tricks to win your game: https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/words-with-friends-2/?p=all&s=getting-started&f=are-you-looking-for-more-tips-and-tricks
  • nursedickson69nursedickson69 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I was actually hopeful when I read your response to how the stars were collected but it was short lived..... and inaccurate. I made sure that all 5 of my words were much higher points that the master’s. My final score was 211 and the master’s was 95..... and I STILL only got 2 stars. Anyone else have an idea on how the stars are scored or collected?
    Good to read all your comments. I emailed Zynga Support and here’s the answer I got.

“The Solo Challenge Mastery is the new feature of the game. It will depend on your engagement to receive the Stars. If you are playing a high scoring word on the Solo Challenge feature then, you will get a corresponding star. The purpose of it is to beat and to score higher versus the Word Master.

Also, as of the moment, the specific score to have a progress in the star of the Solo Challenge is unavailable. But we will have this kind of parameters so that players like you will not have a confusion towards it. I suggest to play a high scoring word versus the Word Master so that the stars in the Solo Challenge will progress.

To secure and acquire a complete 3 Stars in Solo Challenge, you have to play a higher score than the Word Master on your first 3 moves. So, in your 5 moves available, make sure that you play the best word possible, and try to utilize the word strength feature, and if needed, I suggest that you use power-up as well.”
    I’m not really satisfied with the reply from Zynga Support. Note the comment from Zynga that you have play a higher score on the first 3 moves to get 3 stars. Well even if I do this, I still don’t get 3 stars. So I don’t understand what they’re talking about. Anyway, let’s just enjoy playing the game.
  • MFLMFL Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Nanet, The reply from Zynga is about how to earn stars. But what are the for? What happens if you win 30 stars?
  • wwegekers877wwegekers877 Posts: 192Registered User, Facebook Connect User Fisherman

iknow on facebook we ususually we get prize for each level

• AnnieBGoodAnnieBGood Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I just played a word for 72 points that filled all the bars on the lightning tool and still only received 1/2 star. So I think WWF rigs it so as not to give me the stars that I deserve to make me pay to play again. Which, like a fool, I do.
  • AnnieBGoodAnnieBGood Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    > @MFL said:
    > Nanet, The reply from Zynga is about how to earn stars. But what are the for? What happens if you win 30 stars?

You get a treasure chest full of hindsight and words radars.
  • atina2uatina2u Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    The solo challenge gets stuck. I can't move to the final tier. This is the second time this has happened. I will not play solo challange any more.
  • wwegekers877wwegekers877 Posts: 192Registered User, Facebook Connect User Fisherman