Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unwanted update to WWF2, now no chat

PaulStevensPaulStevens Posts: 75Registered User, Facebook Connect User Black Sheep of ze Internet

Well I guess it had to happen eventually - despite me having auto-updating switched off, Zynga found a way round it, and has given me WWF2, which is just AWFUL!

Worst thing that I've found so far though, is that I have no chat box that I can see. It's active in my settings, but I see no way to access it, see screenshot below.

So to all my friends on here, and I know some do frequent this forum, my apologies if I'm ignoring you, but it's all Zynga's fault.

... and if anyone can tell me how to get chat back, I might be persuaded to keep playing, otherwise I think I'll be heading for pastures new.

Comments

• PaulStevensPaulStevens Posts: 75Registered User, Facebook Connect User Black Sheep of ze Internet

@linkshighlights , sorry, but can't message you or anyone, via the game any more. You'll find me on Wordfeud now, id: Steve Sheehan .

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,202Registered User, Facebook Connect User Genius Genie

@PaulStevens That's very strange. I haven't lost the chat. I sent a quick note to see if it knocks the screws loose. (note - I did not get any error message when it was sent)

Hopefully it's temporary. Have you tried the obvious... uninstall/reinstall?

• PaulStevensPaulStevens Posts: 75Registered User, Facebook Connect User Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited September 8

Yes @linkshighlights , I've done all the usual stuff, but to no avail. I get the "1 message" notification, so I do know that you've messaged me, but there's no chat area, and no "words played" list, as shown below. So sorry, but this is the final straw; I'm done. I'm playing Wordfeud now - missing a few features, but none of the childish ****** that this game has forced onto me.

Thanks again to all my WWF friends for a few great years, and if any of them are reading this, my apologies for not messaging you, but as you can see, Zynga have made this impossible :-(

Well I found the chat button, but it's only available if you play in portrait mode, not in landscape! It hasn't altered my opinion though, and I'm away once my current games have been concluded. At least I've found a way to message my friends now.

• TerriCTerriC Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    How do I get the old set back this is awful :'(
    I have lost friends around the world that are still on the old version and I need mine back plzzzzzzz
    I'm new here and not sure how this works so Does anyone from Zynga ever answer here?
    edited September 8

@TerriC said:
    I'm new here and not sure how this works so Does anyone from Zynga ever answer here?

Unfortunately not. There used to be moderators on here, but all they ever did was say that they'd forward the problems to the developers... but nothing ever happened, and many suspect they actually did nothing. Even they seem to have dissapeared now, so no, no one from Zynga - it's a self-help group now. :-(