Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of scammers from this weekend

ProudMomProudMom Posts: 7Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
Henry Barnes
Joe Brand
Gerald Stones
Michael Scott
Ruben Ortega

Same story different pictures.
Tagged:

Comments

• MasterspeechMasterspeech Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

What do these scammers want? I recognize them now because they are all "widows", and they all call me "dear." I tell them that I have Stage four cancer (I do for real), and they leave me alone. Are they thinking I'll give them money??

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,363Registered User, Facebook Connect User Cream Corn Champion

@Masterspeech said:
    What do these scammers want?

Yes. They do this because a lot of people fall for it and send them money. If they didn't get money, they would have quit a long time ago.

• slicklori417slicklori417 Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Some of them start with wanting I-tunes then they come up with a reason why they need money.A lot of them work on oil rigs.

• nancy935nancy935 Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I'm not sure they actually work on oil rigs...I would think that these companies, huge gas & oil businesses would be so humiliated if this got out that their men were scamming women! Oil riggers make good wages!

• Judester8Judester8 Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

My scammer is Chase Wilson aka Walter Clark aka Doug Blevins aka Chris Noah Adlerman

• Judester8Judester8 Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
  • JewelsJewelsJewelsJewels Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Franklyamry23232...you can add this scammer to the list. Contract engineer from Spain and lives in Miami. Says he's 58 and a widower with a 8 year old daughter. Wife died in a car accident. Familiar story. Professes his love right away and plays for a while before asking for money or I Tunes cards. Claims he can buy an electric jacket with the I cards for his deep sea diving on the oil rig. Noticed he has a long list of pursuits because they come up with a mutual friend that shows his picture even after blocking him. Beware middle aged women.

• MichelleJMichelleJ Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Sergio Gomez, and Vincent Mancini seems to be two more. One asking me ro call them as i seem nice, and the other go to a secure hangout for chats...oh and one has said he's a widower with 2 kids. wofe died 10
  • eggo22eggo22 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I've had a few of these games where they open chat and then want me to download Hangouts so we can 'chat'. Amazing how quickly they resign when you say no :o)

• Shirley_45Shirley_45 Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

My scammer is Cranston Edison. Lives in Columbus, Ohio and recently deployed to Syria with UNICEF. He's very smooth

• mecochramecochra Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Here are a few more names for the list of oil rig scammers. Peter Smith, Greg ****, Eric James. All widowers, all with names that can’t be verified. All with children that need a mom. The problem is they just use a different name and start over again.

• marthaHmarthaH Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

here are 3 more names engineers, dead wife, need itunes cards... John Carter,ThomasNelson1, Harry walters all have nices profile photos wonder if the real people know those are being used!!

• MrsP69MrsP69 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Here’s another to add to the list..calls himself GoodVibes7252728, or Steve Mcguire, supposed to be from Lancashire UK..

It’s a pity these lists can’t be made searchable through the the game somehow, would help filter out the scammers

• cb1111cb1111 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Andre Williams same story engineer wants money for son who lives in Brazil with nanny
  • zyngawf24136602zyngawf24136602 Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Brian Rogers, claims to be on an oil rig , says he's wife died in childbirth , has asked to go on WhatsApp but when I refused as I don't give my phone number out he has dropped out of game

• AnotheroneAnotherone Posts: 26Registered User, Facebook Connect User Clueless Cookie
    Oh my gosh ladies!!! You are great...
  • AnotheroneAnotherone Posts: 26Registered User, Facebook Connect User Clueless Cookie
  • zyngawf24136602zyngawf24136602 Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Mark Wilson. Works on an oil rig ( yeah right) so we went to hangout sent me lots of photos of himself ( obviously stolen from someone else's fb . So I said send me a pic of you right now , and put your finger on your nose so I know it's you . Guess what ? He's gone 😂😁

• felicity777felicity777 Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Michael Steve - see other post
  • HisQueenHisQueen Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Add Spencer Morgan, Mark Daniels and Ryan Shawn. Work on oil rigs as contractors, widowers, child with nanny, unable to access funds, need iTunes cards, instant love and make me their wife for real. Also IMF scammers claiming to investigate scammers and get your money back, but you have to play their plane fair and expenses to Nigeria for the investigation. Total scam. This is ruining Words with Friends for me. I gave a lot of money because they were sending a box to me with money in it. Live and learn.

• amwvuamwvu Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited October 14

Jamesthom139 (not sure of name) started off immediately asking where I was located and then telling me he was a widower with a "son." I said I was sorry to hear that, and then he went on to ask about my married life to which I said it was fine...and said nothing else. Then he told me how he was lonely and it's affected him...and he's looking for someone to lean on and that his "daughters" have also not been happy because they need someone to call mom...blah blah blah. When I called him out on his obvious mess up...he deleted and blocked me...haha. Just beware of him, too! !

• mateinonemateinone Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

@1968_liz said:
    I've had another one been leading him up the gard en path for a while now this evening he has shown his true colours mane johnsonwillington dead wife teenage son .... apparently he is an engineer ... flew to Finland but still chatted to me while he was supposed to be on his flight lol.. then sent me a picture of road construction that was taken in 1984 which I googled and screen shot it and send it him back lol now he wants me to transfer 800 dollars yeah as if I'm gonna do that lol beware people there all over wwf

Without necessarily meaning to, you have touched on a really good point here.
    The link that the person has provided you, is obviously a fake link.

You should never follow any link anyone sends you, but in this case it is an obvious fake.
    All banks use a https:// address (secure socket), it is an absolute minimum security required.
    The other thing is that they are using a "bar-clays.us-acnt.com" There is no chance as all that barclays bank is going to use a domain like that, so if you want to check, at minimum

Google the bank and go to their website directly.
    in barclays case it is going to be
    https://barclays.com
    Which will take you to their secure sight and it will be trusted (look for and hover over the green padlock in the address bar).

The other thing you can do is check a website to analyse for viruses/trojans/phising scams etc.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/url

Just paste the url provided.

This does not ensure it is a bank website, but it checks for viruses etc .

Again, nobody should ever click on a link provided by a person they have never actually met and know in person, regardless of how much the person "loves them" or "needs them".

But if you are going to click on a link, ensure it is both a safe link AND in the case above, it is a legitimate link and not someone setting up a site to look like the bank so they can show you that in their bank account they have more than enough funds to pay you back.

It is a pity that arseholes are ruining a game like WWF, but not everyone is actually friendly out there.. regardless of how they are trying to make themselves appear

• marthaHmarthaH Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

This used to be a fun site!! I wonder if all of these guys think because they say I work for exxon, I'm and engineer, I'm traveling all the time for work, need friendship I'm lonely. I'm a widower. Go off site to whats app, google chat or kik how stupid do they think women are. So so tired of this wish zynga could do something to help??

• MyckatynMyckatyn Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
  • MyckatynMyckatyn Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I am talking to Mark Gibson. He is asking me all sorts of questions about my location. Very fishy
  • mateinonemateinone Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

For the record they also target men as well. I get a couple a week.
    Some with very slow build up, others who tell me within 1 day that they need a man to look after them and will I look after them

• ldwesq2006ldwesq2006 Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

@Judester8 said:
    Scammer Chase Wilson. License and address are fake.

Wow. That guy went thru the trouble of faking a drivers license. SMH.

• needhelpneedhelp Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Has anyone talked to s Jonathan Williams
    From Orlando. Engineer widow teenage son originally from Bulgaria
    He is trying to scam my wife but doing it slow and she has fallen for him
    I want him exposed as the scammer he is
  • princessmary196111princessmary196111 Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Add Noah Jackson to the mix. He’s a little different but smooth. Divorced 15 years. Lives in Dallas. Said he was a rich man but still asked for money for his grand daughter because he was in a ship and could not do any electronic transfers. Phone number is 724-780-5713.
  • princessmary196111princessmary196111 Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Noah Jackson pic. I’m sure it’s stolen from Facebook account.