Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie questions

QwertyQwerty Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I started playing WWF2 about a month ago because I've been bedridden and unable to sleep. Here are a few things I don't understand:

1. What's the deal with (only men so far) playing 3 letter words all stuck close to one another so you can't play anything decent? I understand it's a strategy thing, but it makes the game not fun at all for me. When I see someone start playing like that, I want to resign.
  2. What's the deal with so many opponents playing one word per day? If I'm up all night, I want to PLAY. I'm wishing I could resign a game with a guy who uses the 3-letter strategy AND only plays one word per day. Ugh!
  3. How can you find an opponent who wants to play faster? Not quite lightning round speed, but faster than a few moves in an hour?
  4. I don't understand how people can be considered cheaters. I've tried to play words I know that aren't accepted, and I've seen a lot of words that I don't think should be accepted; my conclusion being that if you can play it, go ahead. I'm also someone who often enjoys playing a big word just because it delights me even if it's not the best strategy. From what I've read, I would be considered a cheater by many for that, but I'm just a goofy English major.

Guess that's all for now. Appreciate the help!

Comments

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,130Registered User, Facebook Connect User Assassin

@Qwerty Welcome aboard. A few years ago I was hit by a car while riding my bike and although I had already been playing, I found it a good distraction while I was rehabbing.

Sometimes I have games that get stuck with the three letter ladders also. It depends on the letters you have available and often that is the highest score I have possible. I play mostly family and coworkers. Some of them only play once a day ie lunch break. It just depends on the persons schedule. If you look through the "Play Someone New" list, try to find someone with LOTS of finishes and LOTS of unique words. More than likely they play more often than someone who only has a few of each. As far as cheating, it's usually referring to the use of the new gimmicks that did not exist two years ago. Hindsight, radar, and especially Swap+. Since they can be used without your opponent knowing, it often causes frustration, accusations, and anxiety - particularly if you've both agreed to NOT use them prior to starting the game.

Hope that helps. Good luck and high scoring!