Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

annoying imbalance of the solo challenge

kdtipakdtipa Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I feel like the solo challenge cheats. I get that randomness can probably account for what I'm seeing, but it seems like the solo challenge cheats. It feels like each computer player after the easy ones will crush me once (where the computer gets the perfect letters to play huge scoring words, and I get 6 of the letter "I" and 1 "Y"), and then be easy to defeat the next time around. Like the game is trying to get me to use up my power-ups and coins to play the solo challenge.

That's not fun.

I just get angry. It makes me want to delete the game. Shouldn't the additional content make a person like the game more? Playing against the computer should be a fun diversion. It shouldn't make me feel angry. I know it's just a game, and I shouldn't be angry anyway. But in a few free minutes I have during the work day, I'd like to pop open a game and come away from it feeling happy instead of frustrated. And I think a fair portion of the frustration comes from the feeling that the game cheats.

Tagged:

Comments

• WordmongerWordmonger Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I don’t know about “cheating”, but it’s definitely all over the place. I had an “easy” game where my opponent averaged 35 points per word. Still, it’s my favorite part of the game.