Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

annoying imbalance of the solo challenge

kdtipakdtipa Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I feel like the solo challenge cheats. I get that randomness can probably account for what I'm seeing, but it seems like the solo challenge cheats. It feels like each computer player after the easy ones will crush me once (where the computer gets the perfect letters to play huge scoring words, and I get 6 of the letter "I" and 1 "Y"), and then be easy to defeat the next time around. Like the game is trying to get me to use up my power-ups and coins to play the solo challenge.

That's not fun.

I just get angry. It makes me want to delete the game. Shouldn't the additional content make a person like the game more? Playing against the computer should be a fun diversion. It shouldn't make me feel angry. I know it's just a game, and I shouldn't be angry anyway. But in a few free minutes I have during the work day, I'd like to pop open a game and come away from it feeling happy instead of frustrated. And I think a fair portion of the frustration comes from the feeling that the game cheats.

Tagged:

Comments

• WordmongerWordmonger Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I don’t know about “cheating”, but it’s definitely all over the place. I had an “easy” game where my opponent averaged 35 points per word. Still, it’s my favorite part of the game.

• kdtipakdtipa Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I like the concept of solo play. But when a game against the computer gives me crappy letters while the computer is playing the word Quizzes with a 10 pointer on a TL spot, and of course crossing a TW spot... and I have all vowels and 1 point consonants... it feels like it isn't balanced right.

• BethdBethd Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    My husband and I have been playing for years and we just had this discussion last night. It's becoming harder and harder to win a solo challenge. For example I was just playing a "medium" player, which I would have crushed just a few weeks ago. So this game, which has become typical, I had a handful of As. And the bot of course had great letters.

Of course Zengas motive is obvious ... getting you to use extra coins for swaps and trades so you have to start spending money (even though we have the paid so already). They might start losing players over this!

As an aside, I tried to use the new Jeopardy game. Egad! Its bots are even worse!
  • KeHeKeHe Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I LOVE the idea of the solo challenges but agree 100% that the games are skewed, especially the “hard” ones! The computer always seems to get the high scoring letter and I get all vowels and one lousy consonant. So it’s not really a game of skill against the computer but rather a game of luck, which is not usually in my favor.