Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lightning round not free anymore?

rfs1969rfs1969 Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
Has anyone noticed that lightning round now costs 5 coins to play? I have played it many times but now wants 5 coins to play the round?

Answers

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,318Registered User, Facebook Connect User Cream Corn Champion

@rfs1969 I was just looking through their facebook posts and didn't see anyone mention it there either. Must be brand new. The Moderators haven't been on this forum for several months but perhaps you can contact Support and get some answers. Click here ---> Support

• rfs1969rfs1969 Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Hey, thanks I did send an email to support and will keep everyone posted. If anyone else has this issue let me know. Thanks!
  • rfs1969rfs1969 Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    See the photo attachment for the response I got from support about being charged 5 coins for each lightning round. Looks like it’s coming unless everyone voices their opinion to Zynga support!
  • linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,318Registered User, Facebook Connect User Cream Corn Champion
    edited June 17

That really stinks! But thanks for the screenshot and confirmation.

• MMiracleMMiracle Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

It appears they are charging different amounts to different players, or they went from 5 to 3 coins. Mine is showing 3 to play one game. Since I play daily, I am betting they are rolling this out to those who play consistently. This is a big fat NO for me. I love Lightning, but I am not going to pay 3 coins per game without an ability to earn them through the Lightning Round.

• jsknight33jsknight33 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited June 22
    This is absolutely ridiculous to charge 5 coins. I have been playing words with friends for a long time. How cheap can you be Zynga?? I will be deleting the app if this continues.
  • ms23neptunems23neptune Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Not happy that it costs 3 coins to play. Why? If there were rewards, that would be different.

• zoewakefieldzoewakefield Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

It's charging me 5 coins and I also will not be playing anymore. It was fun, but not that much. If there were rewards where you could win back your coins, that would be one thing. Otherwise, so long Lightning Round.

• kinney011kinney011 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Lightning round is way fun but I don’t understand charging 3-5 coins to play a game that lasts about a minute and nobody wins any coins back. In my opinion the winning team should win back the entry fee (from what I’ve read some people are more punished for playing than others) and the top scoring players should win a few extra coins. OR: go back to making it free to everyone and then we wouldn’t need a message board saying “Hey, you’ve created a really fun game here but now that you’re charging people to play with no incentive for doing so, it’s probably not going to last too long. Especially when the daily reward is 3 coins. Oh and by the way, why do we need to tap the gift wrapped box to get the daily reward? It’s not a surprise, it’s always 3 coins.”
  • ezramosescookezramosescook Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I'm okay with paying 3 coins, but only if they tier players. It would be nice if they added a "green" team for those who average 9 plays per round and have an average point play of 15. I had to work my way up, so can others.