Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lightning round not free anymore

rfs1969rfs1969 Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
I’ve played many lightning rounds on WWF and now it wants 5 coins to play???
Is this new? Why do I have to pay now ?

Answers

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,268Registered User, Facebook Connect User Genius Genie

@rfs1969 I don't remember hearing this reported so apparently it is new. Not surprising though. Zynga tries to make a buck any way they can to keep their stock holders happy. Sad but true!!

• rfs1969rfs1969 Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Maybe after you play a certain amount of rounds of LR? I wanted to check in the player forums to see if others have noticed this as well??
    What a bummer! It’s fun to play but I’m not going to pay to do so.
  • JfbcafeJfbcafe Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    As of this week. Not paying to play. Hope they don’t charge when it’s an event goal. We’ll see on 6/24/18
  • MISSIMISSI Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I'm not even given the option to use coins...it just says unable to join match?

• rfs1969rfs1969 Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    That’s strange! I got a response from Zynga and they are testing charging for lightning round.
    What a bummer! So, you can even play at all?
  • LaVonneson8thLaVonneson8th Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    It's Oct 2nd 2018. Lightning round still says unable to join. I thought it was really fun choice when it worked.
    What a long, unusual bug to have.
    Zynga.. you're our only hope on this one. Oooh unless another developer could make an app like lightning round! Now that would be great!
  • numbermaniacnumbermaniac Cloudylicious Posts: 70Registered User Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited October 10
    I had the same "unable to join" issue on my Android phone for a while, but for the last week or so it's been working again. I never had that issue on my iPad, and uninstalling and reinstalling on the phone didn't fix it at the time.

That "try now" banner certainly has had me worried about what they plan on doing, but it's never charged me to play it yet.