Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Submitted word atabrine found in dictionary but not in words, why?

TerryJTerryJ Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User New to the Forums
Submitted word atabrine several times in the last week, needed to end/ win a words game I am currently playing. It’s a drug used to treat malaria or worm infestation and does not need capitalization. How long before it is accepted and how can I tell if it’s accepted or denied?

Answers

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,199Registered User, Facebook Connect User Assassin

@TerryJ They have never really explained the process of "how" or "when" words are added but unfortunately Zynga does not update their dictionary very often. They added 30k "words" last year and I think that was the first update in several years. (I'm using the term "words" loosely because some of those added last year included TFW and BFF which most people do not consider words)

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,199Registered User, Facebook Connect User Assassin

@TerryJ Additionally Atabrine is proper noun and trademark name for the drug quinacrine (which is a word in the WWF dictonary). Like Tylenol vs acetaminophen.