Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sexual harassment

BLynnTismeBLynnTisme Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
I hate to say it, but I’ve definitely been subjected to players who aren’t interested in actually playing words with friends and who treat the game like it’s a dating app. I’ve been cursed at because I won’t give out personal information or make friends on other social media platforms and had players stop playing with me because I am not interested in doing more than playing scrabble. I found this forum because I couldn’t find an easy way to report players who are abusive and, it appears, I’m not the only one. Other multiplayer games I play have a warning that certain conduct is not okay and an easy way to report and block said players. Get with it Zynga - you’re not making a friendly environment for your female players.

Comments

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,327Registered User, Facebook Connect User Cream Corn Champion
    edited April 23

@BLynnTisme Sorry to hear that is happening to you. The only thing the Moderators tell us we users can do is to take screenshots and report the username with the screenshots via email to [email protected]

• gcsgcs Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I have been playing for years, but lately (the last couple of months) I have been getting a ton of game requests from men that want to chat. For some reason there are some common elements to their stories. Several have said they are off-shore engineers. Lately its that they are in Syria as part of a peacekeeping force. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

• hopeinhellhopeinhell Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I’m just tired of people being sleazy on WWF. It makes me dread getting a message at all..

• Janice399Janice399 Posts: 9Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    First tip remove your female face picture. Take a picture of your dog, fish or shoe. Then block people who claim they love you after a short chat. Popular scams scenarios are, men working on oil rigs, in the military, at home dad and a widower with children. Scammers are always changing it up so best thing to do is assume everyone chatting socially is suspect
  • GemmysqueakGemmysqueak Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    It’s not fair that WE have to change things so that we don’t get hit upon. One thing that also could help is to remove the menu to identify us as male or female. The first guy was someone claiming he worked on an oil rig and had kids in boarding school. He’s lost contact with them and wants you to help him do that by paying him. When I claimed to be broke, he started to get abusive. Next guy confessed his love to me despite my being married. I didn’t give the 3rd guy a chance. I flatly told him that if he’s not here to play the game to bug off. I mean, how desperate do you have to be to use this game to scam us? I hope none of us ever fall for their traps.
  • kdc50boomerkdc50boomer Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Fortunately I've never had that happen. I did have one man stop playing me when he found out I was a married great grandma. I do enjoy getting to know other people from other locations. I think a little polite conversation adds fun to the game.
  • Gandolf81Gandolf81 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Beware of player Danielwill252! He started a game with me and then in the chat began asking me personal questions like wanting to know if I was happy with my husband
  • ValerieP369ValerieP369 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I have just counted how many false identities have come at me since May. I’m up to 52. It’s getting so annoying. Is either oil rigs, USmilitary in Syria or Afghanistan, or doctor with UN or unicef in Syria or Israel. Terrible English grammar. Always ignores what you reply and continue question after question, faith? What did you eat? Favourite colour? Where from? Are you happily married with kids? All the same as comments previously made on here.
    Poems of undying love.
    An indicator is their average word score and game score. Shows how they resign games when they get no where.
  • MagorgirlMagorgirl Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    > @gcs said:
    > I have been playing for years, but lately (the last couple of months) I have been getting a ton of game requests from men that want to chat. For some reason there are some common elements to their stories. Several have said they are off-shore engineers. Lately its that they are in Syria as part of a peacekeeping force. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yes I have recently been contacted. At first the English was quite good but it has deteriorated very rapidly. Inappropriate compliments bearing in mind I had already said I was happily married.