Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No WWF2 for Amazon Fire?

ButterbloomButterbloom Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I finally got a tablet and now I find out it can't get WWF2? Very disappointed! What gives?

Tagged:

Comments

• Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod

We haven't receive any updates about making the game available on the Kindle Fire device, @Butterbloom. The new version is made to run on both iOS (10 or above) and Android (from Kitkat 4.4 and up.) Nonetheless, we'll do our best to share your request with our developers. Thank you.

• celtic75celtic75 Pumpkin Posts: 34Registered User Forum Traveller

Very interesting. I have Fire as well. Big market for these so don't understand why not.

• cherylpurvischerylpurvis Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I use Words with Friends 2 on my phone but mainly play on Kindle. If I use WWF2 on my phone, I can't play those same friends on my Kindle tablet. Please sync these up.

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,202Registered User, Facebook Connect User Genius Genie

@cherylpurvis If you login with the same username, the same games should be available on both devices. Write to support and perhaps they can merge the two usernames for you. Click here to get started ---> Support

• rosieshoresrosieshores Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

when is wwf2 going to be available for the new amazon fire I just bought?

• rosieshoresrosieshores Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I tried this and it finally worked, I wrote a question to Amazon and another user answered it:

LeiaSolo answered:
    "You can get it through Google Play, but you will need Google Play downloaded onto the device FIRST before you get the app. You can do that by one of 2 options below: You can get Word with Friends 2 through Google Play, and you can get Google Play downloaded onto the Kindle Fire first by going here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/how-to-install-google-play-store-fire-t3486603 Pay close attention to Step #3 since you own a Kindle Fire tablet (7th Generation) -- that is on the tablet go to Settings --> Security & Privacy --> Apps from unknown Sources (swipe to Turn On)-> Press OK. OR, you can get it through Google Play, and you can get Google Play downloaded onto the Kindle Fire first by going here: http://www.redskullproductions.com/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-the-amazon-fire-tablet/ Before you download the apk files for Google Play, you need to make sure that your tablet is set to receive apps from unknown sources: Go to Settings --> Security & Privacy --> Apps from Unknown Sources (swipe to the right to turn on) --> Press Ok. Also, make sure that after you have downloaded all 4 or so of the APK files in order and after you have installed them onto the Kindle Fire tablet, you must Power off the device and then Restart the device so that the Google Play app will sync up with the device properly. If you do not do that, then the app will not work at all. After you have restarted the device, then you will need to register your Google account onto the Google Play app. And then you can enjoy Google Play!"