Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheat Features Ruining Game

jeeakoomajeeakooma Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
Just want to bump the discussion on Word Radar, Swapping with no consequences, and Hindsight. You have taken a brilliant strategy game and ruined its purity by allowing players to purchase power-ups. I have played this game every day for 7 years because I enjoy the competition and challenge. Now the only competition is who is willing to fork over the most $$ so they can rack up the wins. You may bring in some extra cash initially with this stunt, but you will lose core players like myself if you do not at least offer the option to enter a cheat-free game.

Comments

• Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod

Hi, @jeeakooma. We appreciate your feedback as much as we care deeply about the integrity of the game. We'll do our best to share this with our developers. Thank you.

• jeeakoomajeeakooma Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    So true @linkshighlights. They have quite literally ruined the integrity of the game, so all this talk about caring deeply is clearly just a line. I actually work for one of NPR’s production companies; I should consider pitching a story about how this culture of handing out trophies to everyone is starting to ruin even the most classic games.
  • jcritzerjcritzer Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Is there a way to work into the game the ability to see when someone has used one of these "features?" Like a game log players could access, and maybe it just disappears when the game falls off the completed games list?
  • JolicoeurJolicoeur Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I've only used hindsight once. Depressed myself. I use word radar, maybe at the end of a game. Don't see any harm in looking for that final resting place for one letter.
  • AnnaesqueAnnaesque Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I have ppl who I beat by over a 100 pts each game. I KNOW they are using chests, but I don't want to offend by skiing straight out. It's just a lousy way to change the game.
  • WordKingWordKing Posts: 18Registered User, Facebook Connect User Muffin

I agree with all of these comments. You are sanctioning cheating, making it easy to cheat - it sucks.

• KJ_Fitz_2KJ_Fitz_2 Posts: 7Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Me, too. It's got to where I will only play a few family members and close friends who I know play the game honestly. Also, can we PLEASE have a button to turn off the idiotic "reward" notifications?

• NoBiteNoBite Cloudylicious Posts: 124Registered User The Pesky Helper

I am not sure this has helped, but I have mentioned to a couple of friends that I am getting discouraged by the use of "non-words". In one case, I upset my friend, but she is no longer playing those "words". I don't know how my friends have been discovering those plays, maybe through just placing letters in spaces that Word Radar says will work. Or, perhaps they have seen those "words" played before and memorized them. I don't know, but when I see words that are so obscure, such as words with no vowels, I do get discouraged. I don't mind getting beat by strategy. But, I dislike the use of "words" that aren't words, even if WWF accepts them.

• marylynsimmarylynsim Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I hated the new game too. Even didn’t like the way it looked, let alone all the cornball junk they added. So I have managed so far to keep playing the old game because I didn’t delete it before I tried the new one. If you still have the old one in your system, you could try playing it.

• DGGERDGGER Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 7Registered User Loose Cannon

I agree. Hate the new cheats. But here's an odd wrinkle! One opponent intermittently uses a version that doesn't support the SWAP+ cheat. It's like it's turned off and on. I use the SWAP+ at times when I rack up a few coins (I refuse to buy them) and then I get the message that it's not available to me, since his version doesn't support it. Then later on it IS available. He's playing two versions????

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,319Registered User, Facebook Connect User Cream Corn Champion

@DGGER Most likely he has two devices and yes a different version on each device. Like a personal phone and a work phone for example. Maybe he doesn't realize he never updated to WWF2 on one of them.

• Lmd32310Lmd32310 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Just a bit more bookkeeping (but that's what you do so well anyway), how about an additional column for the profile that shows Coins/Game (average coins used per game). If that column is zero, you might choose to play that person over someone with a large number.

• schwagerjtschwagerjt Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I use all the features in the game and I've never had to buy anything. I did purchase the game and don't appreciate the ads. If you buy the game, it should be both for your phone and computer.

I currently have over 100 Word Radar, Hindsight, and Swap+... I use them judiciously. If the other player has the same access to them, it's a level playing field.

What I don't like are the players who go outside of the game and use Anagram Solvers to figure out words to play. Rather than you having to come up with the words by yourself (which exercises your brain), you can see all the words that can be played with the letters in your hand plus letters on the board. THAT! is cheating!!!

There used to be a feature for suggesting words. I am currently playing a game and would like to play BROASTED, which definitely IS a word in the English language, but for reasons unknown, it didn't make their list. Yet Chinese words such as QI and CHI, and French words such as JEU and JEUX have made it into the game. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which words are allowed in the game. For example, you can play HOMOS but you can't play the word **** or SQUAW... because they are offensive? ???

• schwagerjtschwagerjt Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
  • wwegekers877wwegekers877 Posts: 44Registered User, Facebook Connect User Grasshopper

i wish trade hindsight woth swap pluses