Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Those ridiculous mittens

ChrisrnliChrisrnli Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I really like this game would buy an ad free one but apparently that is not an option. Happy to put up with the ads as I play friends from all over the world. But this **** pointless mittens thing! I left feedback on playstore and to be fair Zynga replied said they would have a word with the developers. Nothing as yet. That gormless Brrrrrr **** splashes across the screen all the time for no reason I can see or intend to find out. Even while you are in the middle of placing tiles. International conflab going on we're going to find another game. Shame but I can only assume they have 5 year olds running the show.

Comments

• KnotuaghanKnotuaghan Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    F#@k your mittens.
    I'm going to cancel if you don't remove that stupid ****!
    We play your game to have 'fun with friends', these childish popups are f@#king annoying!
  • linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,000Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pet Queen

@Chrisrnli and @Knotuaghan I agree with you both. The only way to make it stop is to actually collect enough to complete the challenge. The best reward is that the popup goes away! It's frustrating that we were not given a way to opt out of these challenges and all of the other gimmicks they shove in our faces!

• w0rd_midasw0rd_midas Posts: 169Super Moderator mod

Thanks for the feedback, @Chrisrnli, @Knotuaghan and @linkshighlights. We'll make sure that we log your sentiments about this and have them sent to our developers for review.

• ChrisrnliChrisrnli Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

You are very welcome to the feedback. I don't know who you send these too but maybe they don't like criticism? Was great for a few days but now instead of Brrrrrrrr mittens we have Eureka. And a lot more of it sadly. Vengeance? Anyway I'm not quitting. We all like the game and I am getting mighty quick with the back button. But splashing rubbish across the screen mid go? Really? Great game but you're spoiling it for no good reason I can see.

• ChrisrnliChrisrnli Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Eureka is getting worse. I am getting better with the back button :D Not quitting, but I am turning down any new opponents, advising people not to bother until this stops and still can't see why the **** they are ruining a great game. The ads are necessary but this childish nonsense makes no sense at all.

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,000Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pet Queen

@Chrisrnli It took me longer with Eureka than it did with Mittens but upon completing the thing, the best reward is that the pop-ups go away!!

Thanks but I am sort of dug in against this on principle. I won't give them the satisfaction of indulging this childish **** to make it go away. It's just about playable but this rubbish even appears while you are actually taking a turn not just between games. Amazed that developers of a really good game that obviously attracts some pretty good advertisers would **** it up for no good reason.

Great news. Game got really playable. Eureka vanished! You could look at the screen long enough to choose your move. Thought the kids had been replaced by adults. Only lasted a few days sadly they got back after half term. We now have "how lovely" FFS!!

@Chrisrnli I know right? I had forgotten how annoying the popups were until I had to see how many "love letters" I receive after each play. Now you've made me wonder... which comes first, the option to opt out of these ridiculous challenges?? Or the next social media dictionary update including the "word" FFS??

LOL!!!

• KJ_Fitz_2KJ_Fitz_2 Posts: 7Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    edited February 12

I'm looking into having the few people I regularly play with migrate to Scrabble with me and see if that one has grown-ups running it. I've had it with this nonsense.

• PaulStevensPaulStevens Posts: 56Registered User, Facebook Connect User This Space is Available

@KJ_Fitz_2 said:
    I'm looking into having the few people I regularly play with migrate to Scrabble with me and see if that one has grown-ups running it. I've had it with this nonsense.

I migrated here, along with many others, after EA Games trashed and dumbed down the original Scrabble game. At that time, this was by far the better option, but now, Zynga seem **** bent on duplicating the mistakes EA made, and alienating their loyal player base.

• PaulStevensPaulStevens Posts: 56Registered User, Facebook Connect User This Space is Available
    edited February 12

FFS, can't I even use the word HELL in this form??? Is it being run by children??

• CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 157Registered User Saint Spontaneous
    edited February 12
    Zynga’s most recent CEO (2016) Frank Gibeau came from EA. So I think that explains a lot of the “duplicating the mistakes” happening to WWF. A shame to ruin such a good game.

Had a few days when the kids must have been snowed in. Just the ads and the game got really playable. They're back. HOW LOVELY. Not.

• rfs1969rfs1969 Posts: 7Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Get rid of the stupid mittens and pop ups! This game is primarily played by adults and we don’t need to collect badges and mittens! This game used to be SIMPLE AND FUN and now it’s pretty frustrating to have all of these goofy pop up’s and badges.
  • CecilMcW00tCecilMcW00t Loose Cannon Posts: 9Registered User Loose Cannon

Have any of you tried Wordfeud? It's super simple and has a very uncluttered interface. You can even build words when it's not your turn and save them for later so you don't forget. I've been trying to get my friends to switch over. lol!

• CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 157Registered User Saint Spontaneous
    Yes! I like the clean simple “back to Scrabble basics” of Wordfeud. And cheap to buy ad-free version.

It's back again. Something to do with Flo this time. Pathetic. I know despite the odd comment ages ago that "our sentiments would be logged and a word with the developers yadayada" they couldn't care less. Anything up to 16 hits on the back button on a phone to get rid of the childish mess, it happens literally mid move sometimes less than a minute after you get rid of it. I would just quit but I play a few friends and don't see why I should. I know coming on here doesn't do much but I will roll this on Twitter and Facebook maybe as well as contacting some advertisers. Maybe telling them this rubbish is smashing in their ads might help. Thanks for the tip about word feud will have a look. Zynga you are pants.

It vanished for a while was really good to play. But it's back. A record 28 taps on the back button worse than ever. Congrats on ruining a good game for no reason. Contact with advertisers time maybe?