Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lightning Round

aznmophoaznmopho Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
I feel like I set my team mates up well. Can you track points assisted? Like I should get a tally of points my teammates got as a direct result of the tiles I laid previous to their word. Maybe the points assisted could be a medal.

Comments

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,363Registered User, Facebook Connect User Cream Corn Champion
  • linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,363Registered User, Facebook Connect User Cream Corn Champion

@Tammyp What did you disagree with? Team sports suck as hockey and basketball keep track of assists. Seems like a good idea to me. But I know you're frustrated with your team blocking you. I don't know what to do about that. I think we're on the same page. Please reconsider your "disagree".

• TammypTammyp Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I only disagreed with the "lol" bit :) because I think it's a great suggestion as I don't think some people understand the way it's supposed to be played i.e. helping the next player get a high score, as it is kind of the opposite of regular scrabble in the lightening games. Sorry didn't mean to offend.

@Tammyp I see how that caused confusion. Thank you!

• ClementinesGramClementinesGram Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Sorry typos auto correct
  • ChtrsRDumbChtrsRDumb Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

It's so fun, but I just can't anymore. So many people playing that: 1) Don't even get how to play WWF in the first place; and 2) Don't get how to play LR (i.e., set people up). Unbelievably stupid moves that frustrate the **** out of me. Ugh.

@ChtrsRDumb Your username made me giggle. Perhaps an improvement would be if you could play with others in your friends list. Maybe you could set up a match and then invite others whom you want to join you.

• MsmcgooMsmcgoo Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

It’s a great feature but am wondering if my profile can be disconnected when I play. I like the game but not wild about viewing profiles, etc

• w0rd_midasw0rd_midas Posts: 169Super Moderator mod

@Msmcgoo said:
    It’s a great feature but am wondering if my profile can be disconnected when I play. I like the game but not wild about viewing profiles, etc

An account needs to be logged in order to access the game itself, its features and to save your progress as well. If you disconnect your signed credentials, the app will come back to its log screen prompting the player to sign in again.

• SparrowsDreamSparrowsDream Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    The profiles (and pics) make it fun. You can see a players averade score. Crazy game.

And I don’t purposely block, it just happens in the speed of the game...
  • ChtrsRDumbChtrsRDumb Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

SparrowsDream, If you're too dense to realize when you're blocking someone, you shouldn't be playing LR. It's people like you that ruin it for everyone else. It's a team effort.

• terrysareusterrysareus Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Is anyone else have a long load time for your board to come up on lightning round? Get stuck and not letting me play. I feel bad for my other team members because I do not get a chance to play.

• lunnalunna Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I’m curious about the teams, are they legit? I saw my friends profile pic come up on the other team, it was definitely her pic. I was excited about the odds of that happening but when I told her about it she had no idea what I was talking about, said she’s never once played a lightning round. Any ideas?

Yeah, good luck with that, Vinson. That someone would have to be told not to play a 5 point word for a set-up triple word should tell how impossibly dumb SO MANY of these players are. I mean, honestly, even if they're not that great of a player, I'm constantly amazed at the incredibly stupid plays. My favorite: adding an "s" on a set-up for a double. Or zero points??!!! HTH does someone get ZERO points? Ok, so here's an analogy: shall we put the 90 pound weakling on the professional football team? I keep playing, hoping that people will wise up, but nope. It's comparable to how most people cheat at the regular WWF. Why? I'm so done.

• DiannegDianneg Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I love the lightening round and I understand how to play. I get so frustrated at people that don't. Why would you play qi as the first word on a board??
    I have wondered if the blue team has the same letters as the purple team.
    edited January 7

@Vynson @ChtrsRDumb @Dianneg Would you like to see this team play expanded so we can invite players we want on our team rather than the random match-ups? Find people who have the same strategy as you do and play together. Seems like it would be so much better!! Maybe they will pass my feedback to the team. LOL

edited January 7

@linkshighlights I think playing in general should be done in tiers, if a player so elects. Once a player has earned a certain level of expertise, determined by established criteria, such as by playing a certain number of games, maintaining a certain average word score level, or by winning a certain number of games, etc., they can elect to play only other 5th tier players, or whatever tiers they choose, when they choose. I learned to play well by initially playing with better players. This could apply to both regular games, as well as LR. There should also be a choice as to how long you want a game to last. Til it finishes, one word a day, one word a week, five words a day, whatever. I don't want to stretch a game out over a month, and I find it frustrating when some players only play once in a while and leave the game hanging. There are also times when I want to play the game straight through. I find that A LOT of players cheat, which completely annoys and baffles me (hence my username). Do these morons tell themselves they are winners, even though they didn't earn a win? I do not like the player's ability to reform words over and over to finally find a word that works by using the green lightening bolt. That seems pretty mentally deficient to me. Maybe for every guess, the player would have to read the definition of the word for 30 seconds, like the ads. And I find that A LOT of people sign on for a new game only to immediately quit? What's that about? I followed up with one of these people one time, and he told me he was looking to play with a specific person? Huh? When I used to have a mildly feminine username, I was getting hit on and a lot of unbelievably sordid comments during games, so maybe people use this as a "dating" site. How pathetic. LR needs to be better explained. Where do a player's leftover letters go? Is there a new set of letters after each word? I also get extremely frustrated with the movie ads. This game is far from great enough that we should have to sit through these long movie ads between EVERY play. My take is that this could be a great game, but it's run by a bunch of clueless punks, whose only aim is to get as many people as possible to play it. I'd love to know how many newbies actually stick around. The basic premise of the game is great, of course, but after all this time, there's been almost no improvement. I'm going to stick with the NYT crossword.

• BOFF1NBOFF1N Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Does anybody know if Lightning Round has an effect on my personal stats? I've been working hard to keep my average word score above 30, but in LR you don't always have the luxury of picking the 'optimal' word (either because you set-up a teammate for a TL/TW combo or you just play something half-arsed to get a few points and move on quickly).

It would completely suck if i was destroying my hard-earned stats simply because i've adopted a different (more efficient) style of play for LR.

Does anybody know if this alters personal statistics?
  • romalo21romalo21 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    ChtrsRDumb, great suggestion...I’m still just trying to find my way, and probably make some boneheaded moves when I feel the clock ticking away. I’ve definitely wasted high-point letters when I had no choice, and no vowels! Also have not seen much personal improvement.
    Vynson, thanks for the tips!
  • JelizaJeliza Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 16

Dear people who are better than I am. My apologies for thinking it was a game! I didn't get it at first, though I am quite good at the regular games, because this one is a little different. Honestly, it took me about 10 rounds before I got it. I was terrible at first. I am sorry. That said, lighten up. Have you never played on a team that allows beginners? Anyway, thank you for the tips.

• Mike8Mike8 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Chtrs and Vinson,
    While you're not necessarily wrong with your LR gripes, recognize that it's a free game that can be played by morons and geniuses alike, and some people "get it" more than others. Sure, you want to set up teammates, but you also want to rack up points, and quickly. In doing so, even good players can make mistakes, it happens. Who hasn't pressed PLAY and realized a split second later that there was a smarter play? Other than you two, that is;)
    The good news is each game lasts what, 90 seconds? So you get some dummies/newbies/ 3rd graders on your team, so what? Do you get deported if you lose? Nope, you....can....just.... Play again!
  • trishtrish Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    edited January 22
    It is possible to make some silly mistakes when you're playing so fast. Doesn't make you a moron . I agree on the cheaters and 0 pointers tho ;) loading problem with LR today..apologies
  • trishtrish Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Please fix the spinning 'loading your board ' error and let me at least play!

• MkdMkd Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    It would be nice to communicate with the team. But then again, most of them are so ignorant to the gameplay, I would just yell at them all day.
  • olivia_n_bombolivia_n_bomb Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I’d love to have a chat option for your team mates and to be able to invite certain people to join your team. I disagree with some comments here....ie I’m always unsure whether to add an s in case your next team mate doesn’t have a tile to connect it. Qi as a first word sometimes is better than aa if you have a **** rack anyway

• SomeOtherBriSomeOtherBri Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I would like to see the final boards after the end of the game. Did anyone realize how great I set them up? (Played "APE" instead of "JAPE" so that the J, on a triple letter score, could also go sideways for a second word...)

Of course with a chat function, I'd ream out the idiots, so maybe that's not so wise! :)