Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Option to Remove Ads

AnitaAnita Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

how do you remove ads in Words with Friends 2 on iphone 6? I can't find the option to remove ads or pay to remove ads anywhere

Comments

• gtosnipeygtosnipey Posts: 1Registered User, User Awaiting Email Confirmation, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

OMG yes yes yes. I just downloaded Words with Friends 2 on the iPhone X, and it shows an add after EVERY PLAY! With sound on its playing loud videos etc. I don't see any option to purchase an ad-free game, like for $2.99 or something. I was playing with my wife, and without a way to remove the ads we are both going to delete the game.

• CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 172Registered User Investigator
    If you are able to find an option to purchase an ad-free version, I think you will be shocked by the price. Last I heard, Zynga was wanting $30 to remove ads!
  • Zyngauser2020Zyngauser2020 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Where is the option to remove ads? I will even pay the $30 fee. I just need to find it.
  • DeumDeum Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I don't know about iPhones, but on Android you can just instantly hit the back button to get rid of the ads.
  • vjcvjc Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited November 2017

This is so wrong and I can’t stand it. I paid for no ads too, because they are so annoying. I won’t play until they remove the ads and I absolutely refuse to pay twice. There are plenty of other games out there. Wouldn’t it be great if everyone just deleted the app and said ———————!

• ddhamptonddhampton Posts: 1Registered User, User Awaiting Email Confirmation, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Where to purchase words 2

• MaggieP_1703MaggieP_1703 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

So what’s the answer? I don’t have ads- must have paid for it when I had the old version but I’ve introduced a friend to the app and she can’t find a remove ads option. How annoying

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,199Registered User, Facebook Connect User Assassin

@MaggieP_1703 This was in a different thread...

@Sofia Allianah said:
    The 'No Ads' feature is currently unavailable for Words with Friends 2. This new version is still in the works, so we're very much open for suggestions to help improve the game

• CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 172Registered User Investigator
    edited December 2017
    Zyngas business philosophy is kind of the opposite of Google’s “Don’t Be Evil”. Zynga “appropriated” a cash cow with Words With Friends. But instead of respecting the game’s integrity and growing a loyal customer base, they have chosen to load it with money making toxins to the point more people leave than endure the “add-ons”. The exorbitant hike of cost for purchasing an ad-free version (over ten-fold in six years). And now their “this version is still in the works..” lame excuse for not offering an ad-free version beyond insulting to their customers who have made Zynga millions and millions of dollars playing their games.
  • linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,199Registered User, Facebook Connect User Assassin
    edited December 2017

I've always believed the reason they raised the price of the "no ads" was to discourage people from going that route because they make more money selling ads than they do selling the game. That would make sense as to why they no longer offer the buyout option. They never wanted you to opt out of the ads.

• MaggieP_1703MaggieP_1703 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

How can my friend opt out of ads. I’m embarrassed that I persuaded her to use the app version instead of Messenger, which she’s happy with. Now she has to pay $30 so I’m told to opt out of ads. But HOW? Sorry for shouting

edited December 2017

@MaggieP_1703

@Sofia Allianah said:
    The 'No Ads' feature is currently unavailable for Words with Friends 2. This new version is still in the works, so we're very much open for suggestions to help improve the game

• blissful_starblissful_star Super Moderator Posts: 55Super Moderator mod

Hello, @ddhampton, @MaggieP_1703, @Cbadland and @linkshighlights. Our developers are now working on making Remove Ads available on the new app. Moreover, those who have purchased the feature from the old version should be able to carry it over to the new one, provided that you're using the same log in information. Thank you.

• buriedaliveburiedalive Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

@blissful_star, @ddhampton, @MaggiP_1703, @Cbadland, @linkshighlights

I, too, paid for WWF years ago. After installing W2, these ads are driving me absolutely insane to the point that I may have to stop playing!

• Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod

Hi, @buriedalive. Your Ad-Free version should have been carried over into the new app if you've signed in using the same account associated with your previous purchased, to enjoy no ads in between moves. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

• cawcaw Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I paid for no ads on my old iPad and now got a new one and downloaded words 2 on the new iPad and do not know how to get rid of these annoying ads. Help! I should not have to pay again and would but can’t figure out how.

edited December 2017

@caw They say if you login with the same username you used to pay for the app, the "ad free" will carry over. If you're having trouble with that, they tell you to contact Support

• Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,070Super Moderator mod

@caw said:
    I paid for no ads on my old iPad and now got a new one and downloaded words 2 on the new iPad and do not know how to get rid of these annoying ads. Help! I should not have to pay again and would but can’t figure out how.

The option to avail No Ads is yet to be implemented on the new app. Since you've already acquired this from the original version, all purchases should be carried over as long as you're connected to the account associated with your purchase. As @linkshighlights mentioned, you may also contact our Support team for further assistance.

Thanks!

• JuleszJulesz Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    My grandmother had words with friends pro back when she first bought it in 2012 (have proof of purchase from order history on her Apple account) yet she was not grandfathered in to ad-free WWF2. I emailed support twice many days ago and haven’t heard a response. Please advise ASAP as she can’t play with ads and isn’t tech savvy enough to seek Zynga help on her own.
  • Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod

Hi, Julesz. It's possible that she used a wrong credential as this may prevent this feature to update into the new version. She'll have to provide the proof of purchase to our Support team for them to locate the previous account associated with that purchased. You can get in touch with them by referring to this article. Thank you for the patience.

• SonzooSonzoo Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 2017
    What’s the timeline for an ad free version?. There are ads that have no close button on them which are incredibly annoying, as well as the normal ads which are a constant barrage of interruptions

You would think that the technical challenge is not too high given that users who paid in prior versions can use the new version ad free

@Sonzoo It was done intentionally because they need to make more money for the stockholders. That's why originally they raised the price of the opt-out purchase. They don't want you opting out. They make more money selling the ads.

• SonzooSonzoo Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    @linkshighlights Ugh public company... Always need to maximize the short term
  • ctussaudctussaud Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

You're playing tennis. Suddenly the court is invaded by a group of louts, running around and shouting. It takes a couple of minutes to clear the court before you can resume play. Oh; the shouting louts are back, and you can't get rid of them ... after three or four such interruptions. you leave the court and decide not to play at that club again.
    I'm still on WwF1 and, having heard from friends how awful WwF2 is, I'm not upgrading. I've noticed a few of my old playing partners have left ...
    Please could Zynga wake up to the cold hard fact that the ads are putting off more players than they are enticing? Are the advertisers raking in income as a result; I doubt it; and the WwF players are now so annoyed by the ads that there are certain products/services I. Will. Not. Buy (got it, Zynga?) because their names appear on the annoying ads.

• C4teC4te Posts: 0Registered User, Facebook Connect User New to the Forums
    The ads are intrusive, especially the 14 second all-singing, all-dancing extravaganzas. I hate them. Does anyone actually look at them or purchase the stuff they’re flogging?
  • HastorHastor Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    So the ad free version is 'being worked on' but those that bought it before already have it? That doesn't make sense. As someone who's worked on a few software products including ad based things, the difficult part is implementing ads, not removing them...
    If you just don't want us to have it, I know you aren't allowed to say that but don't act like you do either, just remain silent lol.
  • tscharftscharf Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

The ads in this game are making me want to dump it and go back to playing...well, anything NOT made by Zynga. They are extremely intrusive and far, far to frequent. In a word: your app sucks, but only because of these ads.

• adfreeadfree Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Install the basic Words app, not Words With Friends and not Words 2. Click on profile. Click on settings. Should be right at the top saying "remove ads". Cost is $30.
  • adg76adg76 Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited February 11

Beware to all who pay for a "no ads" feature. Keep your record of payment! I paid for "no ads" a few years ago in the original app, but in trying to upgrade to WWF2, it did not carry forward my purchase. I uninstalled WWF and WWF2 and cleared my cache in order to try to fix it. Signed into WWF, and the "no ads" feature was gone.

Unfortunately I cannot find my purchase receipt, and Zynga is doing everything they can to brush this under the rug. After two months of talking to Zynga support, they still aren't helping.

It's obvious they just want me to pay for no ads again. $30 is an absolutely ridiculous amount to pay. I certainly did not pay that amount a few years ago. $5 or less would be more appropriate, and I would certainly pay that again. It's extortion as far as I'm concerned.