Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New features ruining the game

pascoconnectpascoconnect Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I may have to quit playing Words with Friends. The new radar and hindsight features will ruin the game for me.

Comments

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,363Registered User, Facebook Connect User Cream Corn Champion
  • my sweet innamoratamy sweet innamorata Posts: 347Super Moderator mod

@pascoconnect said:
    I may have to quit playing Words with Friends. The new radar and hindsight features will ruin the game for me.

@SparkyT said:
    Playing with people using Word Radar who "suddenly" began having awesome words every turn and winning was bad enough but now players are allowed to swap letters with NO consequences! This is unfair and ridiculous!!

All the sentiments have already been forwarded to our developers, @pascoconnect and @SparkyT. We'll make sure yours as well. Thanks for your feedback.

• brawn003brawn003 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    WWF is the only game I have played every single day for years. I wouldn't consider myself a great player, I just like playing. I like trying to maximize my score with strategic letter placement. I don't like the new features at all. I guess people would say then don't use them. I don't, but they have annoying pop ups telling you to use them, it clutters the screen, and I really just don't want to play soneone that uses them. I don't mind losing. Like I said, I'm not that good. But it is nice to see those wins when I get them. If people are using cheats then that means less wins to feel accomplished. I have already felt less about playing because of these new features and I just got them a week ago when I got my new phone. I wish they'd have an old school version where we could go back to. Let people who like it, have their own game.
  • CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 189Registered User Fisherman
    Zynga has loaded WWF with as many money-making toxins as it can take and still be functional. It’s their candy store and can do whatever they want. The problem is this blatant greed builds no customer loyalty and alienates players who have made WWF such a success for the company. When something better comes along I’m sure many will have no qualms jumping ship. It’s really too bad, Classic WWF was one of the best Scrable-like game available.
  • teeare1teeare1 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I can't explain how disappointed I am with the new version. Every awful aspect and detail has previously been documented! Please bring the classic back!
  • Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod

Hi, @teeare1. Words 2 is still a work in progress and we're always looking for opportunities to make some improvements, feedback such as these would be very helpful to refine the game better. In the meantime, you can still re-download the classic version. Please check the image below for more details. Thank you.

• jeeakoomajeeakooma Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Agreed on all the opinions expressed here. There should be a game type that allows no cheats to be used. I have played this game every day for 7 years but, like many others, will probably stop if the ability to buy cheats remains in the game.
  • linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,363Registered User, Facebook Connect User Cream Corn Champion

@jeeakooma Before you give up, try some of these people who also don't like nor use these gimmicks.
    http://zyngaplayerforums.com/wordswithfriends/discussion/3162342/players-who-dont-cheat

• dfremodfremo Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I have played every day since 2013 but I find the new version so obnoxious, I'm just about to switch to "Scrabble" as my online word game. I am horrified by the fact that one's opponents can cheat, and there's no disclosure. I play with people who average 24-25 points per word, like I do, to keep things fair and competitive. Suddenly some individuals are getting 60 points plus per word and breaking 500 points per game. Why can't you have a "cheating-no cheating" option? There are plenty of people, like me, who actually still want to use our brains and not let the computer do our thinking for us. Please change this.

• dfremodfremo Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Another feature that I find horrifying is the "Eureka! You have earned Mystery Box!" pop up that appears multiple times, not only per game, but each time I'm making a move. It's like an invasive insect that is totally ruining the game for me. It actually disrupts my moves, i.e., I'll be dragging a tile to a square and this intrusive popup appears and sends my tile back to the rack or somewhere else. It couldn't be more frustrating. If this feature and the cheating feature don't go away soon, I'll be bidding a sad adieu to my opponents and inviting them to meet me over at Scrabble.

• jreshjresh Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I’ve played this game daily for years, but, in its new form, it’s aggravating. I don’t care about the new features and find them completely annoying. Coins? Lollipops? Seeds? wth? Zynga has taken a good game and horribly dumbed it down. It’s no longer a game of skill. Opponents who have been easily beaten in the past have all of a sudden become “wordsmiths”. I know who plays old school, and it’s a pleasure playing them. I no longer play against anyone I don’t know, because I don’t use the built-in cheats. I much prefer SCRABBLE, because it hasn’t been messed with.

• SteveB00SteveB00 Loose Cannon Posts: 9Registered User Loose Cannon
    Your desperation to monetise WWF has turned a great idea into a pile of steaming ****. I’m down to playing just one game, but the annoyances I suffer to do that are getting the better of me and I’ll be gone soon. Congratulations.
  • CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 189Registered User Fisherman
    Zynga has ruined a great product. Try Wordfeud, that’s where I spend most of my time now.
  • jmcgowan444jmcgowan444 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I can't stand it any more. The "next game" button keeps taking me to **** I don't want to play ...I pay for this app for Pete's sake!!!! Make it stop!!! And all these gimmicks and coins and garbage. Please STOP IT
  • wwegekers877wwegekers877 Posts: 176Registered User, Facebook Connect User Investigator

we wouldnt wanna blame secondary website but hey we would blame toools right?