Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Winning games does not mean you are cheating!

OhGeezzzzOhGeezzzz Posts: 27Registered User, Facebook Connect User Clueless Cookie
edited October 2017 in Game Discussion

Hello Zynga Support,

I am writing this post simply to vent about this game that just ended on my iPhone device... After playing a total of 19 games with this user, 12 of which I won, the rest won by her, this username that I will not disclose here, accused me of cheating, just because I won this last game by playing long words... Okay, so this means she was cheating when she beat me at the 7 games she won?

I feel that if you are a sore loser, like this user here for example, you simply should not play this game. There'll be times when you win, and other times when you lose, that's how it goes, that's WHY it's called a GAME, you are supposed to have FUN... >:) #FoodForThought

P.S. She has been blocked! :)

Comments

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,202Registered User, Facebook Connect User Genius Genie
    edited October 2017

@OhGeezzzz If these publicity stunts like swap+ weren't available, false accusations of using them would cease to exist.

• OhGeezzzzOhGeezzzz Posts: 27Registered User, Facebook Connect User Clueless Cookie

@linkshighlights Totally agree with you! They should bring back the old game, no hints, no help, no nothing... However, a cheater will always find a way to cheat :|

• CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 172Registered User Investigator
    edited October 2017
    > @OhGeezzzz said:
    > @linkshighlights However, a cheater will always find a way to cheat :|

Yep, but in the past when cheaters had to go outside of the game to acquire cheats, they were pretty easy to spot: playing uncommon or archaic words but with terrible game strategy. Most of the time I would win just because their game strategy was so awful.
  • Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,070Super Moderator mod

You must be very good in this game, @OhGeezzzz. You're right! Winning for consecutive times doesn't mean you're a cheater. It takes a smart strategy and word skills in order to be on top. I sometimes lose against my opponents, but never accuse them of cheating. :smile:

• AlthumAlthum Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Playing archaic words may be indicative of how long a player has been playing WWF, not cheating.

• GeorgeH1043GeorgeH1043 Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

@Sofia Allianah said:
    You must be very good in this game, @OhGeezzzz. You're right! Winning for consecutive times doesn't mean you're a cheater. It takes a smart strategy and word skills in order to be on top. I sometimes lose against my opponents, but never accuse them of cheating. :smile:

I agree 100% with you Sofia. Only losers and weak players are accusing others of cheating and complaining about the power ups as excuse for their weak play. Exactly as you said, it takes smart strategy and word skills to be a strong player and whether your opponent is using so called “cheats” makes little difference.

And it is very unsportsmanlike to accuse your opponent of cheating without irrefutable proof in hand.

Further, in an online game, it is never a level playing field: you might be a blue collar worker playing against a professor of English, or you might be a person of average intelligence playing against a genius.

To best enjoy the game and not be a sore loser, try playing against players who have a similar word point average.

Complaints about “keep getting bad tiles” just shows total ignorance of statistics.

• QuertymumQuertymum Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I do not play via Facebook and so was glad when I gained access to my accumulated coins to buy power ups, I think after the update. I try not to use them but I do think that they add another interesting dimension to the game and are a reminder not to take it too seriously. The stats are a good indicator allowing me to challenge other players of similar ability. I had a really bad run losing games against one player and I felt at the time that the letter distribution seemed to be against me. I learned to swap to try to at least improve my score before it became possible for me to do so without losing a turn. I agree with what others have said that at the end of the day it still comes down to word power and strategy. It could become very boring very quickly if all someone does is randomly place tiles until they get a good score all the time.