Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inappropriate advertising

dnbattleydnbattley Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

In the UK a new advertising campaign has started within WWF for a gambling site called "Kwiff" which runs for an uninterruptible (and far longer than normal) 30 seconds. Given the target audience cannot be guaranteed to be 18+, and despite the small "18+ gamble aware" link, I feel this is inappropriate and not in accordance with your own guidelines, particularly regarding gambling (https://www.zynga.com/legal/zynga-advertising-guidelines). Please can you look into this.

Comments

• w0rd_midasw0rd_midas Posts: 113Super Moderator mod

Thank you for reporting this, @dnbattley. We'll definitely have our developers look into the Ad that was shown from the game.

• mtnhorsemtnhorse Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I am appalled that you are permitting **** ads on Words With Friends! I do NOT want to get acquainted or take a 'walk" with bored Ashly! What is the matter with you people????

@mtnhorse said:
    I am appalled that you are permitting **** ads on Words With Friends! I do NOT want to get acquainted or take a 'walk" with bored Ashly! What is the matter with you people????

We appreciate the feedback. We'll make sure to forward this to our developers for checking. Thank you.

• wexwaxwexwax Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I am appalled to play this game and get an advertisement for gun holsters with a hashtag #protectyourself. This is the most inappropriate ad I have ever seen on this game...especially after all the mass shootings and horror stories about how many guns are available in this country making it so easy to "kill" someone. I went to buy the game without ads but the ridiculous price of 29.99 to do so just made me want to stop playing altogether. Zynga....Where is your decency???

@wexwax said:
    I am appalled to play this game and get an advertisement for gun holsters with a hashtag #protectyourself. This is the most inappropriate ad I have ever seen on this game...especially after all the mass shootings and horror stories about how many guns are available in this country making it so easy to "kill" someone. I went to buy the game without ads but the ridiculous price of 29.99 to do so just made me want to stop playing altogether. Zynga....Where is your decency???

Thank you for reporting this. We'll make sure to have this concern checked by our developers.

• KjjstoneKjjstone Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    What is going on with the **** popups? I want this to stop!!!!!! This is NOT right! I DO NOT want to see this. Kids play this game so I ask you Zynga, WTH are you doing? I see some future legal action against you for this.
  • KjjstoneKjjstone Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited November 11
    Above I said P O R N popups in my comment and it was censored. This is so hilarious after the nasty P O R N popups this game has been giving me. You censor the word, yet have the audacity to give out that type of popup? This is just not right. How are people going to complain about this type of bad behavior if you will not allow everyone to see what kind it is?
  • linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 394Registered User, Facebook Connect User Social Snowflake

@Kjjstone I cannot find a way to report this ourselves. The closest is perhaps to go through Support and report it as abuse. If you can get a screenshot of the ad and include that with it. Otherwise we have to reply on the Moddies eventually reading this and trusting they will report it on our behalf.

The pop ups happen usually in the middle of a play and sometimes I have to close the app out and start it again. Thank you, I will be contacting support about this!

@Kjjstone said:
    The pop ups happen usually in the middle of a play and sometimes I have to close the app out and start it again. Thank you, I will be contacting support about this!

We appreciate the report. We'll make sure to relay this directly to our developers. Thank you.