Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BFF, Bestie, FOMO, yas, turnt, and TFW amoung 50000 words added??

linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,130Registered User, Facebook Connect User Assassin
edited December 2017 in Game Discussion

First thing I should say is "thank you" for finally adding more words to the dictionary. On the other hand, sadly these examples are not really what I was hoping for. I'm assuming this is for US English only. This article mentions a few more than my examples however I cannot find a link to the complete list of new words added to the "Social Dictionary" (whatever that is). If you find it please let us know.

I'm wondering if they will fix the 2 letter and 3 letter stat-pies to let me know I no longer have 100%? In the mean time I need to go try BTW, BFD, IDK, OMG, FWIW, ROFLMAO and any other text lingo my kids might use in place of real words. I cannot imagine 50000 of them. I know I have retried a number of the words I have submitted over the past few years and none of them made it into the 50k. Hopefully some of yours made the cut. Otherwise, better luck next time... LOL (thankfully not added)

Comments

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,130Registered User, Facebook Connect User Assassin

Already an issue.... If "bae" was included, then why not "baes", "baeer". or "baeest"? Please be consistent with the ridiculousness.

• PaulStevensPaulStevens Posts: 60Registered User, Facebook Connect User Captain Obvious

So where's the "official" announcement of this on this forum? WWF seem to be telling everyone apart from the actual players... why am I not surprised???

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,130Registered User, Facebook Connect User Assassin

Despite sending several emails to the Zynga staff members who sent out the press release, I have not been able to get access to the entire list of 50,000 words which were supposedly added in Sept. The best I have come up with after scanning through several news stories is this list of 26 additions. abbozzo, bae, bajada, bestie, bff, covfefe, delish, fitspo, fomo, hangry, kween, oxazolone, queso, quo, smize, tfw, turnt, twerk, werk, yas.

While bajada also got bajadas. Hangry also got hangrier and hangriest. Twerk got twerks, twerked, twerking. The same cannot be said for baes, baeer, baeest, besties, bestied, bffs, smizer, smizes, smizing, or tfws.

• CheezyPizzaCheezyPizza Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    > @linkshighlights said:

> While bajada also got bajadas. Hangry also got hangrier and hangriest. Twerk got twerks, twerked, twerking. The same cannot be said for baes, baeer, baeest, besties, bestied, bffs, smizer, smizes, smizing, or tfws.

Hi, millennial here.

“Bae” is not a verb. It’s a noun referring to someone’s lover/significant other. Thus, “baeer,” and “baeest,” wouldn’t be viable words.

Common sentence examples include,
    “Bae just brought home this cute doggo omg totes adorbs”
    Or,
    “Bae’s new mixtape is LIT”

Personally I disagree with bae being added anyways since I haven’t heard anyone use it since early 2016, but I digress.

AFAIK (as far as I know), tfw just means “that feeling when” so trying to make it plural by saying “tfws” wouldn’t make sense.

I do agree that “besties” could be added if it’s respective singular form is already in there.

I have no idea what smize means

I hope you found this comment informative, if you have any other questions regarding internet slang feel free to ask.
    edited December 2017

@CheezyPizza said:

“Bae” is not a verb. It’s a noun referring to someone’s lover/significant other. Thus, “baeer,” and “baeest,” wouldn’t be viable words.

I agree, not a verb. However it is an adjective.
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bae

tfws was my attempt at humor. I suppose the translation would be the plural of "that feeling when" or "those feelings when". Like I said, attempted humor. Perhaps my fellow genXers got it.

Ridiculous... I just got a popup that they have added more "words" to their "Social Dictionary": hella, hotdish, padiddle, cattywampus, whoopensocker, creemee, ristra, schmear, envie, klick, fourteener