Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have played 95% of "3 letter words played." How do I find a list of words not yet played?

moriancumrmoriancumr Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

When you click on your profile, you see all types of stats. One of which is the percent of 3 letter words you have played. I have played 95% of "3 letter words played." How do I find a list of words not yet played?

Answers

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,213Registered User, Facebook Connect User Genius Genie
    edited September 2017

I'm not sure you can find out which ones you have or have not used but a google search may come up with a list of US English 3 letter words.

You can figure it takes roughly 10 new words to make up 1%. So you're missing around 50 of them. I can tell you the most frustrating time in this game is when I was at 99%. Not knowing if I needed 10 more or 1 more. My family can tell you that for about 6 months I started every game with a 3 letter word and played as many in a game as I could. I didn't care whether I won or lost. I wanted to get that 100% soooooo bad. LOL Thankfully I finally got it. Sadly since stats only update once a day, I can't even tell you the one word that sent me over the top. I wish I knew! Maybe one of the Moddies could research that and IM me the answer?

• my sweet innamoratamy sweet innamorata Posts: 347Super Moderator mod

Thanks for sharing your experience, @linkshighlights. Congratulations for completing it! The list is unavailable, @moriancumr. If others can, I don't see any reason that you'll not get the same. Just keep on playing and don't give up.

• PaulStevensPaulStevens Posts: 75Registered User, Facebook Connect User Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited September 2017

I was sitting on 99% for months... eventually cracked it with UMU :-)

You can certainly find a 3-letter word list for Scrabble if you Google it, but I'm not sure how many of those words would work with WWF's wierd dictionary, or what "new" words WWF might have as acceptable. Might be a start though.

• w0rd_midasw0rd_midas Posts: 169Super Moderator mod

@PaulStevens said:
    I was sitting on 99% for months... eventually cracked it with UMU :-)

You can certainly find a 3-letter word list for Scrabble if you Google it, but I'm not sure how many of those words would work with WWF's wierd dictionary, or what "new" words WWF might have as acceptable. Might be a start though.

Congratulations on this achievement! We encourage you to keep on playing as we have more features in store for in the upcoming updates. Keep on playing, thanks!

• PaulStevensPaulStevens Posts: 75Registered User, Facebook Connect User Black Sheep of ze Internet

@w0rd_midas said:

We encourage you to keep on playing as we have more features in store for in the upcoming updates. Keep on playing, thanks!

Hopefully the removal of Hindsight, Swap+, and Word Radar?

When are you going to understand that we don't want MORE features? What the vast majority want, is a clean, basic game, free from all the power-up etc that you keep imposing on us.

LESS IS MORE

• w0rd_midasw0rd_midas Posts: 169Super Moderator mod

@PaulStevens said:

@w0rd_midas said:

We encourage you to keep on playing as we have more features in store for in the upcoming updates. Keep on playing, thanks!

Hopefully the removal of Hindsight, Swap+, and Word Radar?

When are you going to understand that we don't want MORE features? What the vast majority want, is a clean, basic game, free from all the power-up etc that you keep imposing on us.

LESS IS MORE

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. We believe that Power-ups have the potential to make the game more enjoyable for players by giving them an option to get unstuck when they just can’t find a move. We care deeply about the integrity of the game and will be monitoring player feedback as we go forward.

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,213Registered User, Facebook Connect User Genius Genie
    edited September 2017

@w0rd_midas said:
    We believe that Power-ups have the potential to make the game more enjoyable for players by giving them an option to get unstuck when they just can’t find a move. We care deeply about the integrity of the game

@Piers_Fiddler said:
    The integrity of the game is something we care deeply about, and we believe that power-ups can help make Words With Friends more fun by providing players options to get unstuck when they can’t find any moves to make. We will continue to monitor all your feedback on them as we move forward.

How sad. Clearly you were both fed same script.

Sigh...

Maybe @my sweet innamorata or @Sofia Allianah can creatively reword it so it's not so obvious. LOL

• wdavidalbrechtwdavidalbrecht Posts: 7Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I like power ups. I especially like the word strength feature

• s0nginmyhearts0nginmyheart Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I was at 98% up until a few weeks ago. Did WWF add new words to their dictionary since?! I'm down to 97% now lol. So frustrating.

@s0nginmyheart said:
    I was at 98% up until a few weeks ago. Did WWF add new words to their dictionary since?! I'm down to 97% now lol. So frustrating.

My stats still read 100%, so I don't think they've added any new 3LWs.... could be wrong though.

I'm still at 100% also but on the flip-side of that, when they did add a bunch of new "words" last year, they did not update the pie chart stat because I was still at 100% then as well.