Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Players who don't cheat

scrabblepugscrabblepug Posts: 10Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

Can we start a thread for players looking for opponents who do not use the Zynga-provided cheats? I'll start. My in-game name is scrabblepug -- please feel free to challenge me if you don't use cheats.

Comments

• StevePSheehanStevePSheehan Posts: 136Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper
    edited September 2017

@cvb @jimmlaw @btlt1 @FRUSTRATED @tibeastabungo @David1710 @EnemyWords @linkshighlights @rayday @Tatum_777 @rwarch @jsmithfc30 @Cbadland @Edns @wrightrang @Grant @gabs @SherlockJr @Anvil_Jr @Cysibri @guggie @trspafford @shaunson54 @auntieannie @ARRAY1 @mandymactx @tmarsh0909 @arachon @Allithomp @nan407 @vikkikim @sweatyhorse @jdawz @gcalabrese @Cory @celiamay97 @Rhmillernj @studmuffin1533 @sherimitch @12inchsingle

You've all expressed your displeasure at the new cheats... fancy joining me and Cindy for a game? If so, sign up here :-)

BTW, it might also be useful, when picking who to play against, if we had a little more detail, so I'll kick off with:

Preferred language UK English, but US acceptable. My average is 22.

• CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 178Registered User Investigator
    edited September 2017
    Good idea! My Username is cbadland. Average word 26. US or U.K. English. Fast Play or Standard game. I do use Word Strength Meter (everyone I play seems to use it) but not the other "cheats".
    C
  • Ericvd226Ericvd226 Posts: 7Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Username is eric22667, US English

Average move 28.8 points

Love to find new opponents who get the spirit of the game! Feel free to start a game
  • mungkaymungkay Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I would love to play with users who don't use these new "legal" cheating methods. My average word score is 21 but I have done well against players with higher average word scores. My user name on the app is also mungkay.
    Thanks!

• CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 178Registered User Investigator
    I don't know if it is available on all devices, but on my iPhone from the App Store I have installed "Classic Words With Friends". It is missing (for now) the cheat features. It's weird, because for a while Hindsight and Radar showed, but now they are gone.
  • w0rd_midasw0rd_midas Posts: 169Super Moderator mod
    edited September 2017

@conspiracyking said:
    I am conspiracyking, I do not use, tile swap, radar or hindsight. I regularly do not meet my weekly challenges. I would love to play with non cheats. It seems this game is now geared toward people who don't care about words; just winning. Lets take back this game. They should actually have 2 versions, a pro version and the current dumbed down version.

@cam said:
    Hate all the coins, badges, etc. Give me the old game back. Less IS more!! Paying for swaps?? Stupid addition.

We appreciate your sentiments towards the Coin and the Power-Up features. We'll make sure to forward them directly to our developers. Thanks for reaching us.

• BoatMe2BoatMe2 Posts: 12Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin
    > @conspiracyking said:
    > I am conspiracyking, I do not use, tile swap, radar or hindsight. I regularly do not meet my weekly challenges. I would love to play with non cheats. It seems this game is now geared toward people who don't care about words; just winning. Lets take back this game. They should actually have 2 versions, a pro version and the current dumbed down version.

Agreed. Sending you a game invite.
  • w0rd_midasw0rd_midas Posts: 169Super Moderator mod

@BoatMe2 said:
    > @conspiracyking said:
    > I am conspiracyking, I do not use, tile swap, radar or hindsight. I regularly do not meet my weekly challenges. I would love to play with non cheats. It seems this game is now geared toward people who don't care about words; just winning. Lets take back this game. They should actually have 2 versions, a pro version and the current dumbed down version.

Agreed. Sending you a game invite.

We greatly appreciate your feedback. We'll make sure to pass on your suggestions to our developers. Thanks.

• scrabblepugscrabblepug Posts: 10Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin
    edited October 2017

Wow! I've been half-wondering if the mods here are actually bots, given their mechanical promises to "pass on suggestions to the developers." With w0rd_midas's comment -- saying that she will send a comment in this thread to the developers, when this thread is not about feedback but about connecting with other players for games -- I am now convinced of it! Work on your artificial intelligence, Zynga! It's not passing the Turing test!

edited October 2017
    Great post. Thanks for taking the time to compose a well thought out proposal. I completely agree. Zynga does not understand and/or appreciate their player base that has made Words With Friends such a success for them. Somewhere on this forum I proposed the same thing as you did: Make the traditional WWF subscription based. I believe that would benefit both serious players and Zynga. If users have already paid for the ad-free version ($5 - $30!!) pro-rate that cost in the subscription model. I have only posted my complaints here. But I will try their website as well.
    (No disrespect to any human moderators that may oversee this forum, but based on the many questionable responses from the moderators to users posts, I do think we may be dealing with some AI chatbots here. So I think a different venue to express user displeasure is a good idea.) if you Google, you can find the email of the CEO of Zynga. Might be a good idea to contact Mr. Gibeau directly.
    CB
    edited October 2017
    Frank Gibeau formally of EA. Which explains a lot. Electronic Arts is the company that was licensed to developed the original Scrabble online game. Which they failed at miserably by turning it into a cheap arcade game. And now Zynga is attempting to do the same with WWF. Sad.
  • PaulStevensPaulStevens Posts: 75Registered User, Facebook Connect User Black Sheep of ze Internet

@Cbadland said:
    Frank Gibeau formally of EA. Which explains a lot.

Oh no! Really? I hadn't realised that, but that certainly does explain the downhill slide this game is on. Based on our shared experience of the Scrabble debacle, I suspect we may as well give up now :-(

What we really need is a software writer that can reconstruct the original game, on a small scale, that can be shared peer-to-peer.

> @PaulStevens said:
    > I suspect we may as well give up now :-(

Never, never, never give up!
    > @cam said:
    > Hate all the coins, badges, etc. Give me the old game back. Less IS more!! Paying for swaps?? Stupid addition.

If you would like to play without the new cheats send me an invite. I’m BoatMe2
  • JamgypsyJamgypsy Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I cannot find a set of rules to answer this question. When one player uses all their tiles, are the points on their opponent's remaining tiles subtracted from the opponent's score and added to theirs (like in Scrabble)? If so, is this also true forr Fast Play? There is a game I thought I should have won, but did not.
  • linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,318Registered User, Facebook Connect User Cream Corn Champion

@Jamgypsy
    Yes. However I cannot say possessively if it's that way in FastPlay because I don't use that. Also note - there is a long existing bug where the points from your opponent are only given to you to determine win/loss/tie. They do not go into your average game score or your record high score.

• Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod
    edited October 2017

@Jamgypsy said:
    I cannot find a set of rules to answer this question. When one player uses all their tiles, are the points on their opponent's remaining tiles subtracted from the opponent's score and added to theirs (like in Scrabble)? If so, is this also true forr Fast Play? There is a game I thought I should have won, but did not.

Yes, the same rules are applied for Fast Play, @Jamgypsy. However, if a player has no tiles left to play (they played the last word of the game and cleared their rack) they will gain bonus points equal to the opponent's remaining tiles. In the meantime, we can have that game, check further by contacting our Support team. Thank you.

• lulet99lulet99 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I don’t cheat! I only use word strength::: lulet99

• RosalitaSpringsteenRosalitaSpringsteen Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited October 2017
    Very excited to have found this group and be able to play with non-cheaters.
    I don’t understand word strength feature tho. Sometimes, it comes on automatically and tells me if a word is valid or not. Other times, It just tells me word strength if I press the little lightening bolt.
    Why does my profile say “facebook connect user”?
  • Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,070Super Moderator mod

@RosalitaSpringsteen said:
    I don’t understand word strength feature tho. Sometimes, it comes on automatically and tells me if a word is valid or not. Other times, It just tells me word strength if I press the little lightening bolt.

Welcome to Words with Friends Community! The Word Strength Meter tells you how strong your word is, which helps you get a possible high-scoring point. Just make sure it's turned on so you'll be able to use it.

This means that you connected to your Facebook account when you first registered in our Forum :)

• RosalitaSpringsteenRosalitaSpringsteen Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Where did u ask me if I wanted to connect with FB?
  • linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,318Registered User, Facebook Connect User Cream Corn Champion
    edited October 2017

Correction @Sofia Allianah I'm really not sure why that is there. As you see, mine says that as well and I don't even have a facebook. LOL

@linkshighlights said:

Correction @Sofia Allianah I'm really not sure why that is there. As you see, mine says that as well and I don't even have a facebook. LOL

It is possible that the Facebook Connect section on your Profile is turned on while you were in the registration process. To disable it, please refer to the image below:

Thanks.

edited October 2017

@Sofia Allianah No. None of those switches move. They are all suck to the left. And like I said, since I don't have a facebook, I could not have accidentally signed in that way ever.

Send me a game invite, I’m BoatMe2

@linkshighlights said:
    @Sofia Allianah No. None of those switches move. They are all suck to the left. And like I said, since I don't have a facebook, I could not have accidentally signed in that way ever.

Thank you for your feedback. If you wish for this Forum role/title to be removed from your Profile, please let me know.