Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free tile swap the final straw - I'll be deleting the app

BongoBongo Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

When the radar and hindsight features were added, I wasn't too pleased but I could deal with it. But being able to swap tiles without losing a turn? It changes the game so much. I imagine the next feature you add will be the game will just go ahead and play the best word for you each turn!

If you could at least know when your opponent used those features, it would be better but still not ideal.

I've played this app for a long time but I genuinely don't see the point now. I'll be deleting it shortly. A tip for others in the same boat - Google 'alternative games to Words with Friends' - there are plenty of options out there!

Comments

  • Skip52_kuningSkip52_kuning Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

    I totally agree with Bongo. This just changes the game too much - you have lost sight of your original purpose, which is to make a game that friends can play against each other.

  • Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod

    @Bongo said:
    When the radar and hindsight features were added, I wasn't too pleased but I could deal with it. But being able to swap tiles without losing a turn? It changes the game so much. I imagine the next feature you add will be the game will just go ahead and play the best word for you each turn!

    If you could at least know when your opponent used those features, it would be better but still not ideal.

    I've played this app for a long time but I genuinely don't see the point now. I'll be deleting it shortly. A tip for others in the same boat - Google 'alternative games to Words with Friends' - there are plenty of options out there!

    @Skip52_kuning said:
    I totally agree with Bongo. This just changes the game too much - you have lost sight of your original purpose, which is to make a game that friends can play against each other.

    Appreciate the feedback, @Bongo and @Skip52_kuning. Rest assure that all of your concerns on the Power-ups are being conveyed and reviewed by the developers regularly as this will help us make more improvements in the game. Thank you.

  • StevePSheehanStevePSheehan Posts: 136Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper
  • Toddo21Toddo21 Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

    What is the point of playing Words with Friends anymore? Instead of improving their product, Zynga is busy monetizing various forms of cheating and designing ways to reduce fair competition. If Zynga owned the NFL, they'd monetize the game by selling touchdowns. And Zynga let's you keep your cheating secret. I'm looking for a new app for a scrabble-like game not produced by such craven people, who don't understand their product, and facilitate secret cheating.

  • petnzmepetnzme Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

    Been playing a couple of weeks...it was okay...and then some **** goes and puts a cheat with tile swapping on. What's the matter? Aren't there enough players paying? There are other versions of the game on line...Looks like i could be looking somewhere else.

  • petnzmepetnzme Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
  • my sweet innamoratamy sweet innamorata Posts: 347Super Moderator mod

    @Toddo21 said:
    What is the point of playing Words with Friends anymore? Instead of improving their product, Zynga is busy monetizing various forms of cheating and designing ways to reduce fair competition. If Zynga owned the NFL, they'd monetize the game by selling touchdowns. And Zynga let's you keep your cheating secret. I'm looking for a new app for a scrabble-like game not produced by such craven people, who don't understand their product, and facilitate secret cheating.

    @petnzme said:
    Been playing a couple of weeks...it was okay...and then some **** goes and puts a cheat with tile swapping on. What's the matter? Aren't there enough players paying? There are other versions of the game on line...Looks like i could be looking somewhere else.

    @petnzme said:
    How do you turn it off?

    We appreciate all your feedback on Tile Swap Plus, @Toddo21 and @petnzme. As of this moment the option to disable it is unavailable. Nevertheless, everything is noted and will be forwarded.

  • DeniseT278DeniseT278 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Completely agree with all the pleas to get rid of hindsight, word radar and free tile swap. Whose brainy ideas were these. Serious players do NOT want these "helps." As has already been stated many times, the fact that you don't know if your opponent is using them makes it even more ridiculous. Not to mention the insanity that you can't disable the features. It's great that we can give feedback but it seems to be falling on deaf ears.
  • Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod

    Thank you for giving us your thoughts, @DeniseT278. We care deeply about the integrity of the game and believe that power-ups have the potential to make Words With Friends more fun for players by providing them options to get unstuck when they just can’t find any moves to make. We will keep monitoring all your feedback as we move forward. We appreciate your understanding and dedication on the game.

  • KarenAEKarenAE Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Um, when you "just can't find any moves to make," you just lose.
Sign In or Register to comment.