Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WWF CHEATS - LOVE 'EM or LOATHE 'EM?

StevePSheehanStevePSheehan Posts: 136Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper

With the advent of all the recent CHEATS that WWF have introduced (or Power-Ups as they prefer to call them), there have been many opinions voiced, on many different threads.

So, rather than have individual messages all over the place, I thought it might be an idea to get everyone's opinion in one place.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about:

Hindsight, Word Radar, and Swap+

So, simply respond below, with either LOVE, or LOATHE please.

Comments

• StevePSheehanStevePSheehan Posts: 136Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper
  • linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,062Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pet Queen

Not a fan!!

On the other hand... on the "coins" page, it says 5600 = $99.99 Now, if I can sell my coins for money --- then I would LOVE this new feature. Hahaha

• my sweet innamoratamy sweet innamorata Posts: 347Super Moderator mod

Your sentiments about the Power-ups and Coins have all been forwarded, @StevePSheehan and @linkshighlights. By the way, the Coins can also be earned by completing your Weekly Challenges.

• StevePSheehanStevePSheehan Posts: 136Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper

@my sweet innamorata said:
    Your sentiments about the Power-ups and Coins have all been forwarded, @StevePSheehan and @linkshighlights. By the way, the Coins can also be earned by completing your Weekly Challenges.

I don't want coins, I don't want weekly challenges, I don't want power ups, I don't want to play against cheats; I just want to play this game on a level playing field please.

@linkshighlights said:
    Not a fan!!

On the other hand... on the "coins" page, it says 5600 = $99.99 Now, if I can sell my coins for money --- then I would LOVE this new feature. Hahaha

Seriously? You actually think Zynga are going to give you proper money, for an intangible "coin"? No, I know you're only joking really :-)

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,062Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pet Queen

@StevePSheehan said:

@linkshighlights said:
    Not a fan!!

Seriously? You actually think Zynga are going to give you proper money, for an intangible "coin"? No, I know you're only joking really :-)

@StevePSheehan so glad you got my sarcasm. I'm not sure @my sweet innamorata did. :(

• KarenAEKarenAE Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    LOATHE and again, LOATHE
  • CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 162Registered User Investigator
    edited October 2017
    Zynga is just looking for a way to make even more money from an already wildly successful product. When a player can buy cheats from the game maker without their opponent knowing, the game has lost all integrity. So... Loathe?
  • Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod

Hi, @Chadland. we appreciate your thoughts. We care deeply about the integrity of the game and believe that power-ups have the potential to make Words With Friends more fun for players by providing them options to get unstuck when they just can’t find any moves to make. We will monitor player feedback as we move forward. Have a great day.

@Piers_Fiddler said:
    The integrity of the game is something we care deeply about, and we believe that power-ups can help make Words With Friends more fun by providing players options to get unstuck when they can’t find any moves to make.

Do you realize that is part of some peoples strategy? A good players uses defense as much as they use offense. If someone is stuck, you try to keep them stuck to protect your lead. So providing them a way to get unstuck is making the game LOSE integrity. I don't know why you don't understand that.

• CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 162Registered User Investigator
    "...providing them options to get unstuck when they just can’t find any moves to make."
    They have always had options: Pass or Swap Tiles.
  • scrabblepugscrabblepug Posts: 10Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

Hey Piers, why don't you guys do the same for Zynga poker -- give the opportunity to players to swap their cards without their opponents knowing? Wouldn't that be great for the "integrity of the game?" Actually, that would be idiotic, but do feel free to "pass this suggestion to the developers." They'll love it!!!

• scrabblepugscrabblepug Posts: 10Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

@linkshighlights said:

@Piers_Fiddler said:
    The integrity of the game is something we care deeply about, and we believe that power-ups can help make Words With Friends more fun by providing players options to get unstuck when they can’t find any moves to make.

Do you realize that is part of some peoples strategy? A good players uses defense as much as they use offense. If someone is stuck, you try to keep them stuck to protect your lead. So providing them a way to get unstuck is making the game LOSE integrity. I don't know why you don't understand that.

I will bet you anything that the mods on this site do NOT play the game. I have been playing Scrabble (which Zynga ripped off, due to a glitch in copyright laws) for over 40 years. I have never been "stuck" on a move. I don't even know what that means. Pass and swap, obviously, are moves. I'm looking forward to an enterprising game developer doing to Zynga what Zynga did to Hasbro.

edited October 2017
    The Cheats that can be purchased, sanctioned by Zynga, have completely robbed a great word game of its integrity and value. Overwhelming negative feedback from their users is ignored... Zynga is so completely blinded by their greed as to to not even acknowledge the huge numbers of core base players they are alienating, and losing. The same players who have helped make WWF the success that it is.
    Enjoy the Golden Goose pâté while it lasts guys. Please "pass this on" to your developers.
  • w0rd_midasw0rd_midas Posts: 169Super Moderator mod

@Cbadland said:
    The Cheats that can be purchased, sanctioned by Zynga, have completely robbed a great word game of its integrity and value. Overwhelming negative feedback from their users is ignored... Zynga is so completely blinded by their greed as to to not even acknowledge the huge numbers of core base players they are alienating, and losing. The same players who have helped make WWF the success that it is.
    Enjoy the Golden Goose pâté while it lasts guys. Please "pass this on" to your developers.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We’ve already made steps by ensuring that your sentiments are heard by our developers. In the meantime, we'll keep on track with all player feedback as we progress forward.

• PDONAHUEFLAPDONAHUEFLA Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    > @Piers_Fiddler said:
    > Hi, @Chadland. we appreciate your thoughts. We care deeply about the integrity of the game and believe that power-ups have the potential to make Words With Friends more fun for players by providing them options to get unstuck when they just can’t find any moves to make. We will monitor player feedback as we move forward. Have a great day.

Mr. Fiddler, How much money has Zynga made from the 5600 coins for $99.00? Just curious. Thanks, Paul Donahue
    edited June 30

@PDONAHUEFLA Sorry but Piers and the other Moddies have not been around this forum for several months so you wont be getting a reply from them any time soon.
    http://zyngaplayerforums.com/wordswithfriends/discussion/comment/16013856#Comment_16013856