Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Military Romance Scam A word of caution.

dianebeckleydianebeckley Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

On July 21st I received a new game request on WWF from katejames107. He asked right away for my email address but told him I preferred to stay with chat on WWF for now. He claims to be from the US Army serving now with the UN Peacekeeping Mission in Afghanistan. Says his wife died 6 years ago and he is a sad man but realizes he must move on, he has a 14 year old lovely daughter who now lives in Belgium with a guardian. Says he will return to South Carolina where he has a 4 bedroom duplex. He tells me things like we were meant to be together, etc., etc., etc. with no encouragement from me. Answers to many questions are vague and worded weird with lots of typos. Then after game play and chat for a week, he asks for a favor... it seems his daughter lost her master card and would I send her money via her guardian using western union or money gram and send him the slip so her guardian could pick it up for his daughter? After telling him I would not be sending any money, he was pleading saying he was crying. I asked for her full name, her guardian's name and address. He wanted money to be sent to Nadine Leona Logghe in Veurne, Belgium. After he asked for money I started googling scam info sites, and there was a different picture of the very same man warning of what they called a military romance scam dating beck to 2010.
I have also met another very nice man who has turned out to be a good friend for almost 3 years now. So, please be careful!

Comments

• Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,006Super Moderator mod

Appreciate the report, @dianebeckley. You may report and block this user so he won't send you game invites and Chat messages. For more details, click here.

Thanks for your patience.

• lauraSlauraS Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Same thing happened to me someone using the name of Owen Loyd, saying he was a widower with a young daughter, looking for a fast moving relationship and motherly figure for the daughter.
    Asking me to download What's app or Hang out!!
    Also stating he worked for the military.
    I see he is also still playing, don't want anyone to fall victim to his game. Can he be blocked out?
    Although I am sure he will just pop up under another name!! Players Beware!!!
  • Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 458Super Moderator mod

For your convenience, @lauraS. We suggest to report or block this player. Please click here to walk you through. Thanks.

• JazullieJazullie Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I have also experienced a similar story by a person impersonating to be an American Soldier named Rob Silvas. Claims to have been top of his class at west point but English is very broken, stories vague and trying to escalate the chat to something to romantic. Claims he needs to send $ to his daughter in the states but all his immediate relatives are deceased. Simultaneous I received games and chat attempts from two other men "working on oil rigs". Crazy! I've had creepy men try to chat with me before but the rampant scams are new. I've also met some great people. Beware folks!
  • Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,006Super Moderator mod

@Jazullie said:
    I have also experienced a similar story by a person impersonating to be an American Soldier named Rob Silvas. Claims to have been top of his class at west point but English is very broken, stories vague and trying to escalate the chat to something to romantic. Claims he needs to send $ to his daughter in the states but all his immediate relatives are deceased. Simultaneous I received games and chat attempts from two other men "working on oil rigs". Crazy! I've had creepy men try to chat with me before but the rampant scams are new. I've also met some great people. Beware folks!

Thanks for bringing this up. We're doing our best in making the game fun and enjoyable. For these abusive and suspicious users, don't hesitate to report them by sending an e-mail to reportabuse@zynga.com. You may also block them in-game so they won't send you invites and Chat messages.

Thanks for your patience.

• ottermomottermom Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

My soldier was Major George Patton, stationed in Syria. Wife died 5 yrs ago. Has 15 yr old. son lives with his nanny in Alpharetta, Georgia. Retiring in a month. Is 62. His word usage and sentence structure told me he didn't always live in Ga. as he claimed or ever. He says he couldnt have Skype or video chat. A lot of his questions and answers sounded like he had inserted them like copy pasted from somewhere else. Wanted to chat on hangouts. The pictures of him looked like he and three other guys in the picture were somewhere like Syria, but they including George looked Russian. About the same time he had started talking to me a Terry Kings ( Terrykings342) started talking to me and says he's from Houston, designed a pipeline, widowed 4 yrs ago, and has a young daughter. He did disappear during Harvey but showed up again at the beginning of this week. He wanted to go out on a date. I live in Ar. I suggested we get to know each other before we made a long drive. I started asking questions and he wants my email, he wants to send me something. He sends me a list of questions. About 15 q/a. It has his answers and wants mine. The problem is George Patton has used these exact questions and answers, word for word. Just in conversation not a list. I began to wonder if they were working from a team of scammers. I don't talk to either after that. Neither asked for money, I still don't know what their endgame was. These are the first two I have encountered.
    Here's the list.

What kind of relationship you looking for?
    Am Looking for One Woman to spend the rest of my life with i mean one woman for the last time and my last relationship, I am very much ready to give it my very best just to make sure it works out , And i would want her "Maybe You" to do the same. I believe two heads are better than one , Someone loving, understanding, caring, loyal, honest someone who believe it take's two to work everything out, someone who would love me like i love her and i will welcome her all package.

What is your Favorite dessert?
    Coconut Cream Pie, strawberry cake , Favorite ice cream - pralines and cream

Do you like to date one person at a time, or many at the same time to better your chances of finding the right one sooner than later? I like to stay focus on one person, i am a one woman man

Are you a patient or impatient person, slow or quick to anger? Slow or quick to forgive?

I am a patient person, but sometimes my emotions get on the way, when it comes to me facing a relationship. I will want to look into her eyes and tell her i love you ( Smiles) I have never been know by causing problems. I love happiness and trying to stay peaceful all my life is one of my motto and tick for life.

Do you like flowers? What type?
    Yes I absolutely love flowers of all kinds, like Roses, my favorite flowers are a mixed spring bouquet with several different kinds of flowers and different colors, but mostly purples and pinks. I love flowers outside in the garden, to smell them and to look at them. I also like glass flowers. I have a big yard you are welcome to bring your flowers and vegetables if you love the nature. I have a garden for herds.

What are the things you are passionate about ?
    Am Passionate about Life , My Family , Doing the right things '' Making Love : Passionate Love to that special someone '' Respecting Myself , Others , Lastly the Beach

What are you like around new people, Do you tend to be shy and quiet or very outgoing and friendly or reserved but warm up quickly?Honestly i know i can be kind of quiet and reserved sometimes but am generally very friendly, warm, outgoing. I enjoy meeting new people.

What's your sense of humor like?
    I think i have a good sense of humor, I enjoy playful teasing and a little Sometimes Shape and Witty

What kind of comedy do you enjoy?
    I love off-beat / foreign movies Very partial to Science-fiction / Romantic , Comedy, Fantasy and Thrillers movies. Masculine and dependable, Creative and artistic. I think laughter is extremely important, you should laugh every day. I enjoy going to a good comedy show-but I prefer it if it is not too vulgar. Some of the best comedians I have seen, just talk about life and their experiences. I think it is good to be able to laugh at ourselves. Life is much too short to take everything seriously.

What's being single like?
    Being single never stop you from being happy. But it makes you see this world in another perspective, sometime you need someone to talk to and be around and share all your day and events with and cuddle with. Sometimes it seem you have missed a part of yourself around the world.

How do you treat your Man?
    I treat her with respect,loyalty,adore her,treat her like a queen and make sure i always make her smile.

Why do you need a man?
    I need a woman because I believe it is natural to have someone shoulder to leap to. And so natural not to live in this world alone. Loneliness kill fasten than bullet. (smiles) but am honest about it try me.

Do you like public intimacy?
    Public intimacy is my thing.I miss that though.I like to hold arms together and maybe when we are standing at the beach i like to kiss or put a kiss on the forehead each time i realize how lucky i am to have found you, it's fun I guess.

I hope this tell you more about myself and also you have to see i love to write too,( smiles) I will wait to read from you and please when you are less busy give me a responds to my question.