Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I tell if opponent uses Word Radar or other cheats?

CaldoCaldo Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Just wondering how I can tell if I'm playing on an even playing field.

Tagged:

Answers

• StevePSheehanStevePSheehan Posts: 136Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper

You can't. I've already asked this, and they don't want to know.

Your best option is to keep an eye on these forums, and when you see people complaining that the "Cheats" are not working, or are unavailable, check out your opponents scores - those relying on cheating will suddenly be playing significantly below their "normal" high standard ;-)

• BettyKBettyK Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Stop dumbing us down, remove this word radar and let us use our brains. thanks.

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,213Registered User, Facebook Connect User Genius Genie

@BettyK Many others agree with you. If you'd like to, you can add your username to this list of players who vow not to use the gimmicks.

http://zyngaplayerforums.com/wordswithfriends/discussion/3162342/players-who-dont-cheat/p1

• DanielB4434DanielB4434 Posts: 21Registered User, Facebook Connect User Delightful Duckling

With players that I know use the cheats (I asked), mostly free swap, I have noticed a significant decline in quality racks. All vowel or no vowel are common, but usually not thru an entire game. And mostly give a variety of letters, but lately it's been iiiiiuu or eeeiiiu. Or vvzqdcc and no vowel for 8 turns or more.

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,213Registered User, Facebook Connect User Genius Genie

@DanielB4434 The more swap+ your opponents use, the more you will use to get rid of those cruddy letters. The more you both use, the more you will both buy. So it becomes a game of who has more money to spend instead of who has the best strategy. LOL Sad but true!!

• WordKingWordKing Posts: 18Registered User, Facebook Connect User Muffin

I agree, let us play without the cheats. If I know someone is cheating I won't play against them.

@WordKing Many others agree with you. Unfortunately there's no way to tell for sure. If you haven't already, you can add your username to this list of players who vow not to use the gimmicks.

http://zyngaplayerforums.com/wordswithfriends/discussion/3162342/players-who-dont-cheat/p1

• wdavidalbrechtwdavidalbrecht Posts: 7Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

It is included as an integral part of the game and is not cheating. It is an approved rule. I like it. Go back to scrabble if you want, but WWF is different and I like the difference.

@wdavidalbrecht Please understand that many of the people who complain about this issue have been playing WWF since before the gimmicks were introduced. They paid for the game then and cannot get their money back even though these gimmicks were added against their wishes. It completely changed the game they paid for. A simple solution would be to allow people to see how many times an opponent uses them.

• wdavidalbrechtwdavidalbrecht Posts: 7Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Scrabble has codified an advantage for intellectual elites, not letting less educated people use aids. Scrabble, and WWF, will never have an even playing field. I have 15 years of college education, have taught in college classroom for 35 years, read 300 books per year. I have written a few million words. I employ strategies about which most have no idea. All these cheats help level the playing field against people like me. All these cheats help people learn new words. All these cheats help people have fun. Outlawing just lets me show off my superior education, knowledge and game strategy. And I’m for opening up the game to help people learn. Sonestimes lesser educated folks buy the falsehoods used by smart people to keep them disadvantaged.

• CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 172Registered User Investigator
    edited January 16
    “Give a Man a Fish....”
    Or, in Zynga’s case, Sell a Player a Cheat...
  • blkleinhblkleinh Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

We need 2 versions, the original version without cheats for those who want to play people who don't spend coins to get advantages. Everyone else who enjoys the new version can play it. Please Zynga make that possible and yes I would spend a few bucks to have this option.

• CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 172Registered User Investigator
    I agree. I’ve suggested in the past that Zynga offer a version of WWF for more serious players. No Cheats. No Pop Ups. No Coins. No Ads. No Mittens. Just a simple clean game.
    Make it subscription based. $10/year. That model, I believe, would benefit both users and Zynga.
  • alinealine Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I desperately need to play ads free. I have an iPhone and when I try following the ads free steps I get a notification “cannot reach server”. Is it a geographical issue??
    I believe Zynga no longer offers the option to purchase an ad free version of WWF.
  • Janice399Janice399 Posts: 9Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Since these features are part of the game they are not cheating. Cheater are the players that use wording finding websites.

So, if Zynga offered a “word finding” in-game power up that could be purchased, then I guess that would not be considered cheating as well.
  • JHarmon712_JHarmon712_ Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    > @wdavidalbrecht said:
    > Scrabble has codified an advantage for intellectual elites, not letting less educated people use aids. Scrabble, and WWF, will never have an even playing field. I have 15 years of college education, have taught in college classroom for 35 years, read 300 books per year. I have written a few million words. I employ strategies about which most have no idea. All these cheats help level the playing field against people like me. All these cheats help people learn new words. All these cheats help people have fun. Outlawing just lets me show off my superior education, knowledge and game strategy. And I’m for opening up the game to help people learn. Sonestimes lesser educated folks buy the falsehoods used by smart people to keep them disadvantaged.

"Sonestimes lesser educated folks" are just content to play a friendly game with friends. If using the tools in the game helps when playing a super word genius, such as yourself, who cares. How is learning a new word keeping them disadvantaged.
  • cfrizzle1962cfrizzle1962 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

If each player has the opportunity to use the “cheats” then by definition it’s not cheating. I will admit I like using swap plus. It helps when you get the rack of all vowels. Word Radar frustrates me.. Mostly helpful at the end when you have just a few letters left. It usually isn’t enough to sway the score. Hindsight just makes me mad or makes me feel stupid. It either shows me something I missed and should have seen or some word I never would have come up with.